harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
i am going vacation and leaving car at airport. Does anyone know how much it will discharge in 12 days? i know modely y loses about 1% per day. i can not find the same info for the mach e.
Sponsored

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I think the general consensus is that the MME will have less daily drain than the MY as it has less systems running in the background (no sentry mode, etc.). However, the biggest factor would be ambient temperature. If it's cold out, power will be used to keep the battery above freezing. You should be ok with a safety margin of 1% per day. Or look for a parking spot next to a 120 V outlet and plug it in while you're gone using the Ford mobile charger.

See also here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/stupid-questions-from-ev-newbie.2756/post-86650

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I have not noticed any drain actually, albeit I’m in LA and the weather has been pretty mild. I also work from home and don’t drive much.

So for example, I last drove 17 hours ago and arrived home with 39% charge. When I requested an updated charge number from the FordPass app just now, I am still at 39%. Overnight low was 52 degrees. This has consistently been my experience since getting the Mach-E in early February - no drain.

Finally, I’ll add that I have the SR battery so 1% is less energy for me compared to the ER battery, yet I still am not noticing any meaningful drain on a day to day basis.

OP
OP
milepost1

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thanks! i will just plan 1% per day any time I need to leave unplugged. if it uses less that will be a plus.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
While my Mach-E was at the PPF installers it went into deep sleep to save power. No issues whatsoever when I picked it up(it was there for I think 3ish days). Infotainment screen had a big "DEEP SLEEP - TURN OFF WITHIN -- SECONDS" or something when I got in to start it, had a countdown I believe. Basically saying that systems were asleep and to turn the car off within so many seconds to stay in deep sleep. After the countdown ended everything booted up like normal.

I didn't keep track of it's energy use during those few days though...

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I checked my Mach-E again just now, didn’t drive it at all yesterday, still at 39% from Sunday evening, overnight low was again 52.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
I keep unlocking my car remotely which allows the battery info in the app to update. Down side is it probably keeps it from going into deep sleep. Didn’t know it would go to sleep if left undisturbed.

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
As Methorian said after a few days your vehicle will enter deep sleep mode to protect against battery drain. When my vehicle was at the body shop for 10 days it entered deep sleep mode and when I picked it up it had the same battery remaining as when I dropped it off. So even 1% a day may be overstating the loss. You will be fine regardless just don't be surprised when you can no longer view your vehicle information on Fordpass after it enters deep sleep mode.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It's less than 1% per day. I last plugged Marlin in to charge on April 1, unplugging at 90% on the morning of the 2nd. On the 5th I drove about 8 miles to drop him off at the body shop. He hasn't left the body shop and is now at 81% -- 8 days after drop off and 11 days after unplugging from the last charge.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
While my Mach-E was at the PPF installers it went into deep sleep to save power. No issues whatsoever when I picked it up(it was there for I think 3ish days).
My car has been at the PPF/Ceramic installers for the last 2 days, and this morning I got the "Deep Sleep" message in FordPass with the last update 14 hours ago. I was a bit worried because that's the symptom reported for the "bricking" issue with 12V drain. They're not open yet today to call and see if it's OK, but at least your post has calmed me a little bit. I'm pretty sure they didn't put it on a charger (FordPass didn't report that it was charged at all), and I THINK that issue only surfaces when the Mach-E is on a charger, right?

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My car has been at the PPF/Ceramic installers for the last 2 days, and this morning I got the "Deep Sleep" message in FordPass with the last update 14 hours ago. I was a bit worried because that's the symptom reported for the "bricking" issue with 12V drain. They're not open yet today to call and see if it's OK, but at least your post has calmed me a little bit. I'm pretty sure they didn't put it on a charger (FordPass didn't report that it was charged at all), and I THINK that issue only surfaces when the Mach-E is on a charger, right?
Mine did the same thing when it was getting PPF done last week as well. Freaked me out too. When I got there to pick up my car was sitting out front looking great, so I am guessing they didn't have any trouble with it. Over the 4 days it was at the shop, it dropped 0% battery.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine did the same thing when it was getting PPF done last week as well. Freaked me out too. When I got there to pick up my car was sitting out front looking great, so I am guessing they didn't have any trouble with it. Over the 4 days it was at the shop, it dropped 0% battery.
I haven't been worried about the BIG battery dropping charge, as I've only been charging it once a week or so (not every night) because I'm driving so few miles right now. It doesn't seem to drain any appreciable charge (unlike early early Teslas or those with fast-wake enabled), which is nice. I was just worried about the 12V bricking issue.

Thanks to @RVAtom and @methorian for helping calm my concerns! I'll try and post later whether I had an issue or not whenever they call for me to pick it up.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Correct, no issues at all on my end. I also have had my Mach-E charging for weeks at a time without interaction and no issue. I'm lucky enough so far to not have had any software/programming issues that I know of.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, I didn’t need to be concerned. Picked up my car (dazzling with PPF and ceramic coat on it) without issues. I guess 36+ of sitting puts it into deep sleep? So much for preconditioning it when landing in a plane and it’s sitting in an airport lot!
Sponsored