How long did it take owning a MME to get your first speeding ticket?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I haven't had a speeding ticket since '03, and that was when I was on a business trip in Dallas and had pulled on to a road without looking for speed limit signs and was just running with traffic. Yeah, the cop stopped the rental car.

I generally follow the adage from a state trooper: "9 you're fine, 10 you're mine" - so don't exceed 74 in a 65. I also like to run through the corners of a twisty back road near my house fast enough to be fun but safe, although over the posted speed limit at times :cool:
Sponsored

cdubs70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E CR1
Country flag
I got pulled over within the first 24 hours. But to be fair, I though the police car behind me wanted me to right on red, and so i did. And immediately got pulled over. Apparently is was a "straight' on red. But the officer was very cool and we talked about the car and off I went.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Almost... almost... but not yet :cool: although I did get off with a verbal warning.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag

Deleted member 16048

About 3 months. Here's the fan club picture:
p1-clean.jpg
Wow a 35 limit on a three lane road like that? They are definitely baiting speeding there with the road design.

I've been pretty lucky so far, no stops. However the troopers are not creative in their hiding spots so it's easy to avoid them.

Jppumper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1st car: 1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
Retired Master Certified Heavy Truck Technician
Country flag
We all know the top end issues with power and the MME, but it is quite quick in acceleration up to about 70. How long after ownership did you rack your first ticket?
If you got one with an EV, you may have gotten one with an ICE car.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
With my Premiums (aggregate ownership maybe 14 months)... never. Not fast enough lol.

With my GT PE... I think it was 1 month. So easy to get to 90mph on local roads in Florida where we have wide lanes and low traffic. I went 40+ over just by tapping the accelerator in Unbridled. Had Waze open at the time... did not warn me about the cop in the middle of the grass divider. Kept the GT PE for another two months then traded back into a Premium.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
No speeding tickets yet!

Because it has so much power, the MME GT is a much easier car to drive slower than my BRZ or WRX STi ever were.

With great power comes great responsibility and I've learned how to effectively feather the throttle of this beast.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
35 MPH Limit with 3 available lanes and divided road??? That is a revenue generator, pure and simple!!!
Yup - there's a town (Harvey Cedars) on one of the NJ Barrier Islands where they drop the limit from 35 to 25 on a two lane divided road for no reason other than revenue generation. Giant brush in the median for him to hide behind and everything. I was driving through before dawn on a July morning to get sunrise shots at the lighthouse and didn't see the hiding cop or the sign announcing the speed limit change. Fortunately the other guy on the road was going a little bit faster, so he got nailed instead of me. That's the closest I've come to a ticket in a long time, and it really wasn't my fault - it drops to 25 for about 1/4 mile and goes back up; it's purely a revenue generator.

hetgeleteken

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Estate, Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD ER Lucid Red Tech+ reserved
Country flag
Never had one, we have this neat app here in NL that runs on CarPlay that warns you for fixed and mobile speed cameras through a database and user reporting. Now that is not legal in some other European countries, but here it is.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Two tickets and one warning within the last month. Apparently they lowered the speed limit near my home and neglected to let the cameras know of the “two cars on red” unwritten rule we all follow.

Keep my tab open, Brandon Johnson!

For reference, the last ticket I had before these two was in 2002.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How long did it take owning a MME to get your first speeding ticket? IMG_2034

Ford Mustang Mach-E How long did it take owning a MME to get your first speeding ticket? IMG_2035

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag