How long from order placed to VIN# and delivery date

willowma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium ER AWD on order
Country flag
Also, if you have added your car in FordPass (after you get the VIN), you will be able to see the date of the "last Sync software update" in FordPass as soon as the car is built. Enjoy and try to be patient!
How do you see this? I have added the vehicle in Fordpass but not tried to activate it yet. Other than possibly through activation I don't see the last software update anywhere.
Sponsored

az-paco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Prius, '21 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
How do you see this? I have added the vehicle in Fordpass but not tried to activate it yet. Other than possibly through activation I don't see the last software update anywhere.
I don't think you can see it on the FordPass app, but on the My Ford Vehicle/Vehicle Dashboard on ford.com I was able to see it for 1-2 days after my build date. Now that square on the dashboard indicates that the information is unavailable until I activate Fordpass Connect, so this may have been a quirk for my car, or I just happened to notice it in the small window before it was locked down.

Jordan H

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Extended Range AWD
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
oh dang! I know this waiting game is so frustrating. My eta got pushed to 10/31 instead of mid August.
Apparently its just the chip shortage and Ford is over estimating the delays.
I hope you hear something! Have you contacted the dealer?
Thanks Britt, super frustrating. Dealer couldn't give me any more information. Their line is that I'll know before they do! I've seen from others on here that the extended ETA may be an over estimate, so hopefully you get your sooner. (At this point, I'm hoping I get mine at all!)

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-e History Timeline

Rapid Red Premium AWD with Grey Interior and Ext Battery

Ordered: 2/03/21
Approved by dealer: 2/05/21

Received VIN# from Dealer 4/23/2021

Email from Ford of production date: 4/26/2021
Scheduled for production the week of: 6/10/21
Downloaded window sticker: 6/04/21
Build date: 6/16/21
Ship date 6/21/21 on Kansas City Southern railroad delivered to KC on 7/7/2021
Estimated delivery window 7/28/21 to 8/03/21 (now shows 8/18/21). Likely truck shortage
Arrived at Dealer: Not yet

Brittk12

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Thanks Britt, super frustrating. Dealer couldn't give me any more information. Their line is that I'll know before they do! I've seen from others on here that the extended ETA may be an over estimate, so hopefully you get your sooner. (At this point, I'm hoping I get mine at all!)
From my experience, the dealership knew my VIN and window sticker first. I still haven't gotten an email from Ford with any information since they gave me a build date back in April. I would keep calling every week haha, but that's just me. Best of luck!

csilvest

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rapid Red MME GT (Non-PE), '16 Mustang GT Conv
Occupation
IT Support
Country flag
I'll throw my info out there for reference:

Cyber Orange GT

Reservation: 12/17/20
Ordered: 4/28/21 (1st day GT could be ordered)
Approved by dealer: 4/30/21 (roughly)

Updated order in person at dealer - changed color to Rapid Red, added Pano roof: 6/3/21
Email from Ford confirming changes: 6/10/21

Email from Ford of production date: 6/24/2021
Scheduled for production the week of: 8/15/21

Updated order with dealer - changed back to Cyber Orange (not letting my wife talk me out of it this time): 6/30/21
Email from Ford confirming changes: 6/30/21

Contacted dealer to request VIN: 7/16/21 (today)

Downloaded window sticker: No VIN yet

No build, ship or estimated delivery dates yet.

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
I'll throw my info out there for reference:

Cyber Orange GT

Reservation: 12/17/20
Ordered: 4/28/21 (1st day GT could be ordered)
Approved by dealer: 4/30/21 (roughly)

Updated order in person at dealer - changed color to Rapid Red, added Pano roof: 6/3/21
Email from Ford confirming changes: 6/10/21

Email from Ford of production date: 6/24/2021
Scheduled for production the week of: 8/15/21

Updated order with dealer - changed back to Cyber Orange (not letting my wife talk me out of it this time): 6/30/21
Email from Ford confirming changes: 6/30/21

Contacted dealer to request VIN: 7/16/21 (today)

Downloaded window sticker: No VIN yet

No build, ship or estimated delivery dates yet.
With respect I just don't understand what is going on with the ordering. I reserved and paid $500 in NOV 2019, Ordered 5 May 2021, received a build date recently of 8 Aug 2021. How did you get a production date originally of 24 Jun 2021 or even the new production date of 15 Aug 2021? I happy for you but WTHeck? What is going on as Ford has told me that the build order will be based on the date of reservation. Very strange...and confusing. Can anyone explain what is happening? Did Ford lie to me about the ordering process?

csilvest

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Support
Country flag
With respect I just don't understand what is going on with the ordering. I reserved and paid $500 in NOV 2019, Ordered 5 May 2021, received a build date recently of 8 Aug 2021. How did you get a production date originally of 24 Jun 2021 or even the new production date of 15 Aug 2021? I happy for you but WTHeck? What is going on as Ford has told me that the build order will be based on the date of reservation. Very strange...and confusing. Can anyone explain what is happening? Did Ford lie to me about the ordering process?
You misunderstood what I posted. The production date is the week of 8/15/21, but I received the email notifying me of that on 6/24/21.

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You misunderstood what I posted. The production date is the week of 8/15/21, but I received the email notifying me of that on 6/24/21.
Ok but you stated u reserved in Dec 2020, correct? I reserved in Nov 2019. And u have a build date in Aug...? You must have ordered in Dec 2019, yes?

csilvest

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Support
Country flag
Ok but you stated u reserved in Dec 2020, correct? I reserved in Nov 2019. And u have a build date in Aug...? You must have ordered in Dec 2019, yes?
Yes the reservation was in December of 2020. The reservation date doesn't seem to matter as much as the order date. I converted the reservation to an order on 4/28/21 (1st day of GT orders). Since I ordered a GT, I could not have placed that order any sooner or I would have. Ford is probably trying to get some GT's out this fall which was probably a factor.

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes the reservation was in December of 2020. The reservation date doesn't seem to matter as much as the order date. I converted the reservation to an order on 4/28/21 (1st day of GT orders). Since I ordered a GT, I could not have placed that order any sooner or I would have. Ford is probably trying to get some GT's out this fall which was probably a factor.
About a month ago I called Ford and they explained the Reservation number was priority and it didn't matter when the actual order date was. Guess they provided incorrect info. Thanks for the reply.
Sponsored