How long from order placed to VIN# and delivery date

ilabat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
I placed an order on Monday May 17th. My $500 deposit from 2019 was refunded to my card. My dealer has gotten back to me that everything is on track (without my reaching out). But, still no VIN or projected date. Just wondering what your order experience has been, especially after the spring increase in orders. Anyone with a similar or different experience?
Also, I didn't sign anything, no papers, just told them what I wanted. I did get a picture of the order with my name on in it, but nothing official in hand.
Sponsored

Goober96

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E4X, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 2008 Corvette
Country flag
I placed an order on Monday May 17th. My $500 deposit from 2019 was refunded to my card. My dealer has gotten back to me that everything is on track (without my reaching out). But, still no VIN or projected date. Just wondering what your order experience has been, especially after the spring increase in orders. Anyone with a similar or different experience?
Also, I didn't sign anything, no papers, just told them what I wanted. I did get a picture of the order with my name on in it, but nothing official in hand.
I ordered on April 12 and, so far, nothing. Be patient, it’ll be a while.

X-Gas

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Traverse, Ford Escape, MME Pr AWD (ord 4/21)
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I ordered on April 5 and, so far, nothing (same process as you, with the "Thrills ahead" email).
As the other folks will say, be patient, it’ll be a while, 16+ for Select, 24+ for Premium.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
I ordered a Premium AWD ExBattery on Feb 6, 2021 , Vin # received 4-9. Projected delivery is 6-19.
I was lucky enough to purchase the MME I wanted from local dealer 4-16. I would say it was 50 hours worth of work to find and secure it.
The wait is on !!!

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla S90D, 2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Ordered 1/6/21.
Build week of 5/24/21 received 2/18/21 via email.
Contacted dealer to have him verify build week in his Vehicle Visibility report.
He gave me the VIN from the report.
Last week was the build week. So far I've not heard anything.
The Ford web site is worthless. It's told me nothing valid. It currently says my build week is 1/24/21.

Yes I know today is a holiday. I don't think they observe Memorial Day in Mexico.

dano

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME
Occupation
Communications Engineer
Country flag
I ordered mine on 5/18/21 and I'm in the same boat.
It would have been nice to get a more timely "order received" message, even if all the dates are TBD.

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
See my signature line. VIN & build week dates received on 5/27. Basically 3 months from order to build week send. Just under 5 months from order to build week. I’m assuming I’ll finally get the car another 4-6 weeks after the build week - basically late Aug to early Sept. So probably 6+ months from order to receipt.

Mhood

First Name
Myia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Implementation Project Manger
Country flag
I placed my order on May 13th, and haven’t received anything yet, not even an email. I see that the dealer accepted the order.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How long from order placed to VIN# and delivery date 9025FABB-0B3E-4A97-9984-C6D835B25E2B

waz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Dodge Journey, Chev Cobalt
Country flag
I ordered on April 23 from the dealer and have gotten absolutely nothing! No email, no letter, no text. I'm being patient, mostly but it seems rather unprofessional that Ford does not even acknowledge the order with an email.

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I ordered on April 23 from the dealer and have gotten absolutely nothing! No email, no letter, no text. I'm being patient, mostly but it seems rather unprofessional that Ford does not even acknowledge the order with an email.
Possible that your "Thrills Ahead" email ended up in your spam folder.

I would check with your dealer, they can look up order status.

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My dealer reached out within 4 hours of my ordering to ask if I wanted to schedule a test drive (which I did). Other than that, it’s been 3 weeks (not long I realize) and just days “accepted by dealer”.

Brittk12

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I ordered April 9th and just got my VIN and window sticker July 12th.

Jordan H

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Extended Range AWD
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I ordered April 9th and just got my VIN and window sticker July 12th.
Good for you Britt, but definitely goes to the frustration for a lot of folks. I ordered March 10 and still no VIN, build date, etc. nothing but the "thrills ahead" email.

Brittk12

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Good for you Britt, but definitely goes to the frustration for a lot of folks. I ordered March 10 and still no VIN, build date, etc. nothing but the "thrills ahead" email.
oh dang! I know this waiting game is so frustrating. My eta got pushed to 10/31 instead of mid August.
Apparently its just the chip shortage and Ford is over estimating the delays.
I hope you hear something! Have you contacted the dealer?

az-paco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Prius, '21 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Just from my experience, the VIN will not be given to you directly by Ford. Once your production week is shown in your Ford tracking, then your dealer can tell you the VIN. The window sticker will be available via the tracker on this site approximately one week before the scheduled production week. Then, when they build the car, they will show the build date and estimated dealer delivery date, but those do not come with an e-mail from Ford. Also, if you have added your car in FordPass (after you get the VIN), you will be able to see the date of the "last Sync software update" in FordPass as soon as the car is built. Enjoy and try to be patient!
Sponsored