How long to get that predicted 270 mile range?

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit (2017), Mustang Mach-E, FE (2021)
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
when you come to a stop, it should put a circle graph on the left side of the gauge cluster that tells you how much available energy you recovered.
I saw it just now, coming home from a Sunday drive. It flashed up for a few seconds in the small screen, and I believe it said "100 % energy recovered" or something like that:) I suppose that is good?
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I saw it just now, coming home from a Sunday drive. It flashed up for a few seconds in the small screen, and I believe it said "100 % energy recovered" or something like that:) I suppose that is good?
Yes, it means you slowed down gradually enough that regen could recapture the maximum amount of energy possible, while applying the minimum amount of friction braking.

If you brake more aggressively, that % shrinks since it has to apply more friction braking (where energy is lost).

Omar

First Name
OMAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
Military
Country flag
I apologize up front for posting this completely newbie question. I tried to search a bit, but my search skills are probably poor.

I am the owner of a brand new MME FE, as of last Monday evening. I just got the outlet for the 240V home charger installed yesterday, and I've done my first charge up to 100%. The predicted range in my Ford Pass and also on the dashboard digital display is 225 miles. I was expecting something more since the FE has the extended range battery.

Does it take some time for the vehicle to learn your driving habits and the predicted range will increase over time? If so, what's the estimate for how long that might take? Part of why I was attracted to the MME was the predicted 270 mile range. For me a 200 mile round trip is important, and I'd much rather arrive back home with about 70 miles left than about 25 miles left, just for my peace of mind.

So, will my MME get used to my driving and gradually predict more range, or is it actually there, and I should remain calm, or am I worrying needlessly here?

Thanks very much, in advance, for any advice or consolation!

smp
It also depends how you drive if you drive aggressive and have the ac on you never going to hit 270. If you drive conservative you hit 300+.
Sponsored