JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I mostly use the MMe for my daily commute from Ann Arbor to Toledo. Not many road trips.

Today I needed to go far, and decided to take the MMe. When I have a long trip, I tend to (safely) drive at a good pace (77ish). The MMe isn’t known for its efficiency, especially at those speeds. Still, I’ve driven EVs for almost a decade and I rarely worry about range.

When I dropped below 10% on the battery, I did pucker up a bit. The GOM was using my standard efficiency of 2.5 (mi/kWh) and this speedy trip was closer to 2.2, so I had “negative” cushion.

I made it to the charging station with 9 miles left according to the GOM. (I took the pic at the first stoplight after I exited the freeway).

Ford Mustang Mach-E How low have you gone 4DDF78B9-E509-437A-85AD-B053A1FEFB4C
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I've gotten home with 5% battery left. I've had a few trips where I planned it out to get home with as close to 0% as I can. And every time I get home with 5-10% left.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
4% today. Kind of surprised me because I got to work in the morning going from 85% to 50%..

But it's cold and super windy so it took 46% if the battery to get home.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I have yet to see less than 100 miles of range remaining. I've been trying but the most I've driven in a single day is about 150 miles or so. I just recently set my max S.O.C. to 85% so maybe I'll get to see double digits in the predicted range soon. Doubt I will ever get to single digits on percentage.....maybe someday. ?

Reactions: JSW

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
One good thing about 77, is if it is looking really tight, at least you can drop back to 65 or worse, as a back up plan. Kind of a "reserve" built into the 77 strategy.

OP
OP
JSW

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One good thing about 77, is if it is looking really tight, at least you can drop back to 65 or worse, as a back up plan. Kind of a "reserve" built into the 77 strategy.
Exactly. For the last few percent, I was squeezing everything out of the HVB that I could.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I mostly use the MMe for my daily commute from Ann Arbor to Toledo. Not many road trips.

Today I needed to go far, and decided to take the MMe. When I have a long trip, I tend to (safely) drive at a good pace (77ish). The MMe isn’t known for its efficiency, especially at those speeds. Still, I’ve driven EVs for almost a decade and I rarely worry about range.

When I dropped below 10% on the battery, I did pucker up a bit. The GOM was using my standard efficiency of 2.5 (mi/kWh) and this speedy trip was closer to 2.2, so I had “negative” cushion.

I made it to the charging station with 9 miles left according to the GOM. (I took the pic at the first stoplight after I exited the freeway).

Ford Mustang Mach-E How low have you gone 4DDF78B9-E509-437A-85AD-B053A1FEFB4C
How far was the total trip?

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Has anyone been able to engage Turtle mode?

OP
OP
JSW

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How far was the total trip?
I didn’t check check, sorry. It’s right around 145 miles. I went from Ann Arbor to just north of Mt.Pleasant. I believe I started off with appropriately 70% of the battery.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I didn’t check check, sorry. It’s right around 145 miles. I went from Ann Arbor to just north of Mt.Pleasant. I believe I started off with appropriately 70% of the battery.
Nice. I did about the same yesterday. From San Francisco to the South Bay to my parents in the East Bay, back to SF, with a couple other stops for lunch and groceries in between, and my dad taking an aggressive test drive lol. About 135 miles all told. Went from around 70% to 30% for the day.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Lol. When it gets close and I’m running on “fumes,” I go full blown turtle
I chatted with a guy that rolled into his garage as he hit ZERO miles of range and he didn't notice any reduced propulsion.
Sponsored

• Wow