How many days is typical to be "in production"?

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
At this point I'd be more patient waiting if Ford could chime in with some status as to the chips supply in relation to the parked builds, even if the news is bad. They said 6 weeks, so is that still valid? And, 6 weeks from when did they mean? The whole thing was pretty vague. If they don't know and have no hopes of getting any ME chips in the foreseeable future, I'd rather know.
I don't mean to be pedantic, but the email from Ford (one of the rare communications from this company) said a minimum of 6 weeks. It could be 3 months, or 6 weeks. This is a very visible example of the failure of leadership at Ford.
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
For what it's worth, my extra wait in production was very close to 6 weeks beyond the normal time frame. So they called it pretty close.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I ordered mine on 3/16/21 and got a production date of 8/24/21. Even the Ford site still says it's "in production" the car was actually completed that week and is now sitting on parking lot somewhere in Mexico waiting for its chips to be installed. While I'm still hopeful I can take delivery this calendar year, with every day that passes my hope fades a bit... Cross your fingers, right?
My GTPE was in production starting August 21st, and was "built" on Sept. 1st. From there it went to the Mexican parking lot to await chip assemblies. Reportedly shipped out via train on Sept. 15th. Ford is telling me to expect delivery to the dealer Oct. 20th-26th.

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
After a 4 1/2 month wait for production, my timeline has since been better than many others I have observed in this forum. Premium awd er with production scheduled for the week of 9/6 and completed on 9/15. I received email that vehicle was shipped on 9/18 with expected delivery between 10/27 - 11/1.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After a 4 1/2 month wait for production, my timeline has since been better than many others I have observed in this forum. Premium awd er with production scheduled for the week of 9/6 and completed on 9/15. I received email that vehicle was shipped on 9/18 with expected delivery between 10/27 - 11/1.
That’s great news, out of curiosity when did you receive production schedule info?

thanks

Larva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT PE
Country flag
So you had the dealer "add value" by ordering the car for you, and they ordered it incorrectly? And I guess you didn't notice this until the car showed up?
Yes. I'm not aware of a way I could have noticed it before, but it was sure a surprise when I went to pick it up.

Larva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT PE
Country flag
Was it the correct VIN? Sounds like a different order got mixed up. Run your original VIN and see what options it says it should have. And maybe complain to Ford directly.
That's what they thought too. But we went through and triple checked everything. The order just got screwed up. Dealer claims it was Ford, but I'll likely never know what exactly happened.

jocelyne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Country flag
our GTPE has the following so far:
ordered: 07/20/21
converted to 22: 09/27/21
scheduled for production email on 11/4/21
production date: week of 01/17/22

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
our GTPE has the following so far:
ordered: 07/20/21
converted to 22: 09/27/21
scheduled for production email on 11/4/21
production date: week of 01/17/22
My GTPE had a scheduled-for-production date of August 15th. Ship date from Mexico was September 15th. Arrival-at-dealer date (in NorCal) was October 15th.
Sponsored