How many days is typical to be "in production"?

jheda

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Muustang Mach e SUV Select
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Hi all. Apologies if this has been discussed; i tried to search answer and got nowhere.

Ordered ME select 5/6. Not too much after, I got a production date of 8/30.

Of course that was last week, and still today it says in production. Just looking for an idea of wat is the average time the vehicle stays in production before the website changes to built? 1 week, 2 weeks etc. etc.?

TYIA

PS this is not a complaint; I'm just looking to set my reasonable expectations, whatever they may be.
Sponsored

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Prem 4X (sold) and 2022 Space White GTPE
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Mine went into production on July 14....Still shows 'in production" on Ford's site. My dealer told me that he sees that it is 'built' and on hold for a chip.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
My build date is 8/9 and I'm still in production, my dealer can see the car is on a hold for chips. My car still has an ETA of 9/26 to 10/5 which clearly is not accurate. Your dealer can tell you more info on what's going on with your car. I found all of the online sites just don't really tell you anything until your car is actually on the move and in the US.

jeffMachE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, XC60, RR Prem Ex4 (rcvd 11/21)
Country flag
Hi all. Apologies if this has been discussed; i tried to search answer and got nowhere.

Of course that was last week, and still today it says in production. Just looking for an idea of wat is the average time the vehicle stays in production before the website changes to built? 1 week, 2 weeks etc. etc.?

TYIA

PS this is not a complaint; I'm just looking to set my reasonable expectations, whatever they may be.
I have an order from 5/14 that isn't scheduled yet, but the dealer had a customer cancel an order that was placed on 3/19 that they've offered me. That car was "built" on 8/20, but its still showing as "in production" on the web site. Dealer has looked up the car and has told me that the internal status is "chip hold". I'm assuming that the chip hold will be roughly 6 weeks and it'll complete production in late Sept. or early Oct. We'll see.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag

TYIA

mine had a scheduled build week of 4/18. I got the "built" email on 4/24. So generally Id' think it would be built within the scheduled build week. However, with the chip issues, I think a lot of variables might come into play now.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag

TYIA

One week under normal conditions. If the plant is missing something needed to complete vehicle assembly, like an electronic module due to the chip shortage, it will remain "in Production" until that component is installed and assembly is complete.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
My build date is 8/9 and I'm still in production, my dealer can see the car is on a hold for chips. My car still has an ETA of 9/26 to 10/5 which clearly is not accurate. Your dealer can tell you more info on what's going on with your car. I found all of the online sites just don't really tell you anything until your car is actually on the move and in the US.
Same here 8/9 and waiting...

KneelB4Zod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 BMW 535i; 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Country flag
I ordered mine on 3/16/21 and got a production date of 8/24/21. Even the Ford site still says it's "in production" the car was actually completed that week and is now sitting on parking lot somewhere in Mexico waiting for its chips to be installed. While I'm still hopeful I can take delivery this calendar year, with every day that passes my hope fades a bit... Cross your fingers, right?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
At this point I'd be more patient waiting if Ford could chime in with some status as to the chips supply in relation to the parked builds, even if the news is bad. They said 6 weeks, so is that still valid? And, 6 weeks from when did they mean? The whole thing was pretty vague. If they don't know and have no hopes of getting any ME chips in the foreseeable future, I'd rather know.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
At this point I'd be more patient waiting if Ford could chime in with some status as to the chips supply in relation to the parked builds, even if the news is bad. They said 6 weeks, so is that still valid? And, 6 weeks from when did they mean? The whole thing was pretty vague. If they don't know and have no hopes of getting any ME chips in the foreseeable future, I'd rather know.
I don't think they can accurately predict when they will get chips. 6 weeks is just an estimate, one that was probably given due to all the questions about timing of availability. I agree about wanting a more solid answer but I also understand them not wanting to flat out say "we have no idea when you'll get your car". The 2020 suckfest is going to continue all the way through 2022 it looks like now...

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

TYIA

1,912 days.

sorry, that's not accurate, that's just what it felt like.

?

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Mine was a month. Production scheduled week of July 12. Production finished Aug 12.

snickerson123

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
My MME GTPE went into production 8/9 and I just got notification that my car was built on 9/11. Delivery is supposed to be between 10/30 and 11/10. Fingers crossed.

az-paco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Prius, '21 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Mine was a month. Production scheduled week of July 12. Production finished Aug 12.
I have the same production date, but still waiting for the "chip" module. It's been 8 weeks now, so it could be any day. Still hoping for delivery by late October.
Sponsored