Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
We've seen an estimate from a Ford source that these hand-built beauties are about $1/2 million a pop, so there can't be many out there. Let's try a crowd-sourcing project to find out how many Mustang Mach E prototypes there are. This can also help us with the interminable debates about color, especially when seen under those stupid blue lights they are using in US auto shows.

Here's the link with a few of the first vehicles in it. I've only started with the three used in the unveiling (Grabber Blue GT, Rapid Red Premium, Star White Premium), the other (?) Rapid Red used in winter testing, the Carbonized Gray from the KC Auto Show, the black/white mule in Ontario (with trailer hitch), and the Iconic Silver from the Mexico plant (actually a production prototype, not hand-built). Please start filling in the blanks.

UK/Europe: Please enter yours for the Shows (like the London launch event) and Dealer Demos (you've been lucky to get those!).

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Bringing this back up and being less subtle:
Please help out. If you have some time, go through the threads that have talked about car appearances and help fill in this table. That's what was meant by "Let's try a crowd-sourcing project".

Thanks,
Mark

symos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Esprit
What I think is missing from your first (and second) posts and this "project" in general, is "WIIFM": What's in it for me.

Reading about this, all I could honestly think of is "who cares?". I think that's why people are not inclined to help out.

But maybe I'm missing something, maybe you've thought of something that I (we) haven't, regarding how doing this would help in some ways (which?). But you need to let us know, otherwise it would just be a case of chasing our tails for absolutely no reason. Ok, maybe occupational therapy, but little more than that!

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Two new Detroit sightings added to the sheet.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How many prototypes are there? Black Prototype Mustang-Mach-E-Spotted
Ford Mustang Mach-E How many prototypes are there? Grabber Blue Mustang Mach-E

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
As mentioned on a couple other threads, it's most likely that the latest GB is a FE.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Agreed as Grabber Blue is only supposed to be on the First Edition and GT. If so, it may be the first FE assembly line prototype.

However, it's also possible it's just a Grabber Blue Premium assembly line prototype without the FE "specials". We need more pictures!
Sponsored