How much cheaper is your insurance when going to Mach-E?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My idiot insurance company (Cincinnati Insurance to forewarn all) never heard of the Mustang Mach E, so they were unable to quote it properly and gave me a premium in excess of $4,000 per year. It’s listed on my policy as “Mustang Mach 8” Morons! I’m in the process of firing them right now, which is more complex than it sounds because I have to find a carrier that will write a homeowner’s policy with a sinkhole rider (the part of PA that I live in is the geological equivalent of Swiss cheese, except not as geologically stable).
Consider separating your policies to different carriers. It may work out best for your situation even though you might not get a multi-policy discount.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Consider separating your policies to different carriers. It may work out best for your situation even though you might not get a multi-policy discount.
I prefer to keep all policies (auto, homeowner’s, excess liability) with one carrier because I don’t want to ever deal with the unlikely situation of two different companies pointing fingers at each other. I know there might be an opportunity to save by “unbundling”, but I’d prefer the “peace of mind” of knowing there’s only one neck to wring (particularly with excess liability).

mikenindorf

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
I called my independ agent. Travelers does not have the Mach E listed. guess i will have to change.
does any use anything besides Progressive?

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Nope. Mine went up by $56 every 6 months. No biggie, just 4%.
We are with Geico and our insurance went up about the same going from a 2015 Audi A5 Cabriolet to the 2021 FE.

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Mine went up about $23 per 6 months. My previous car was a 2019 Chevy Bolt.

Oddly enough, I was at one point looking at Model 3's, and one of those would have made my insurance increase by $300 per 6 months.
Weird...last car was a 2017 Chevy Bolt, and my insurance went DOWN by about $50 per 6mo.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
I called my independ agent. Travelers does not have the Mach E listed. guess i will have to change.
does any use anything besides Progressive?
Interesting, I have Travelers.

My MME is listed as "2021 FORD MUSTANG EC". Now you've made me wonder if this is the correct vehicle, since all the other cars on the policy have the model and trim levels listed correctly in the name Travelers uses (i.e. 2010 HONDA CR-V EX).

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
State Farm seems to be pretty reasonable.

Wk217

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E 4X, '13 Ford C-Max, '15 Ford Flex
Country flag
Statefarm -
Mine was quoted to be $690/6mo
For reference, same amount of mileage/coverage and driver on our 2015 Ford Flex was $499/6mo.
Same amount of coverage/mileage, but my wife as a driver on our 2013 Ford C-Max was $680/6mo.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
My insurance went up pretty significantly, currently running about $1800/y for MME (including fees), even though I have a high $1000 collision deductible, other vehicles and home bundled. I'm thinking it's time to change the insurer, looking to get some quotes in the next week. Are there any hidden fees, taxes, bate-and-switch in the quoted rates to be aware off?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My insurance went up pretty significantly, currently running about $1800/y for MME (including fees), even though I have a high $1000 collision deductible, other vehicles and home bundled. I'm thinking it's time to change the insurer, looking to get some quotes in the next week. Are there any hidden fees, taxes, bate-and-switch in the quoted rates to be aware off?
When you get quotes, ask them to detail the discounts. Oftentimes there are new policy discounts or that sort of thing.

Also ask to see the application for insurance that they've typed up for you and verify the accuracy yourself. I've often had policies change (including premium changes) right after I've started them as they review them and correct errors.

George Knighton

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE
Occupation
Retired. I'd say it was a mid life crisis, but not many people live to 140.
Country flag
Going from a 2020 LG Bolt EV to a 2023 GT PE? Insurance went up about 600.00/year.

0_o

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My GT-PE when new had an insurance rate that was about double what my 2014 Fusion Energi's was. 🤔🐩

Exordium01

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Mine went from around $700/6months to $1000/6months from a Subaru Outback Touring XT to a MME GT PE. I'm not particularly thrilled but the car did cost about 50% more and is a much more expensive vehicle to repair. When I asked why it was expensive to insure, the representative responded with "because it's a Mustang." So we can all add the weight of Progressive's voice to the "Is it a Mustang?" controversy.

Edit: Comprehensive coverage is $393/6mo and collision is $370/6mo. I live in cracked windshield country (the southwest) so I pay to have a $50 glass deductible.

Last edited:

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
My idiot insurance company (Cincinnati Insurance to forewarn all) never heard of the Mustang Mach E, so they were unable to quote it properly and gave me a premium in excess of $4,000 per year. It’s listed on my policy as “Mustang Mach 8” Morons! I’m in the process of firing them right now, which is more complex than it sounds because I have to find a carrier that will write a homeowner’s policy with a sinkhole rider (the part of PA that I live in is the geological equivalent of Swiss cheese, except not as geologically stable).
Try Geico and Travelers for your home and umbrella. Geico and Travelers work together and I receive a discount on the policy. I had a sinkhole rider when I had my house in Wayne.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Try Geico and Travelers for your home and umbrella. Geico and Travelers work together and I receive a discount on the policy. I had a sinkhole rider when I had my house in Wayne.
Thanks. I ended up with State Farm for everything.
Sponsored