How much tint are you putting on headlights?

mu5e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I want to tint headlights on my grabber blue GT, how much do you typically put and how would it look like?
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I want to tint headlights on my grabber blue GT, how much do you typically put and how would it look like?
None.

It’s illegal and dangerous.

There was a thread a while back where someone did try it, then when they saw how dim it was, took it right off.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
None.

It’s illegal and dangerous.

There was a thread a while back where someone did try it, then when they saw how dim it was, took it right off.
That someone was me. I was OK with it through the summer months when I don’t really drive in the dark. I was sort of OK with it in the fall months, telling myself the headlights were just as good as my F-150. Then I drove my wife’s car and realized the tint had to go and that the F-150 lights were complete crap that needed to be upgraded.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
OP
OP
mu5e

mu5e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Ok, thanks. I am not saying to tint it completely, just add a little bit of smoky touch.
I ve seen lots of Tesla driving with slightly tinted headlights, should not be a problem at night.

Alexb

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select, 2018 SC Mustang GT pp1
Country flag
I did mine in yellow, I actually like it more than the smokey look too.

20230114_194445.jpg

20221214_112216.jpg

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I’m not sure you’ll find a tint lighter than “light smoke.” If you do, let me know. Just for curiosity sake. The yellow is intriguing. I know the yellow visor on my aviation helmet can greatly aid vision during the day dreary days but not at night. I’m not sure making the lights yellow would have the same effect.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
The Mach-E headlight housings are already black which kind of defeats the purpose for me. The only thing, black/smoke color at least, tints are doing IMO is dimming the light output instead of making a change to the look. The yellow makes sense, and those pics look good. Although that’s not the style I’m going for on my car. I tinted the tail lights with Vvivid light smoke and it’s a great product.
Sponsored