How the software works, what to blame?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Ok, we all know at this point that software is “buggy.” Just trying to figure out where the problem is or what to blame.

Every day so far this week, I’ve gotten a different bug. It’s like rolling the dice every time I start the car to see what goes wrong.

Monday- profile defaults to guest. Have to manually hit profile and memory seat.

Tuesday- Chargers unreachable error all day. Can’t find chargers in NAV

Wednesday- screen unresponsive. Volume control fault pops up on display.

Today- car recognizes profile, but doesn’t go to my memory seat setting. (Did this 1 out of 3 time I drove, and it was the 2nd time I got in the car today).

So what system or systems do I blame? GTPE, never gotten an update yet so it’s not that.

Not recognizing my profile- could be miscommunication between the car and PAAK or car and fob (I use both). Could just be the computer is hanging up or slow (hardware), could be just buggy software?

Chargers unreachable- heard this was a cloud issue.

Memory seat recall inconsistent. This last few weeks, happens like 1 in 5 times I get in the car, but never before in the 4 months of ownership. No clue! Not sure if hardware, software or what.

Seems like the car has so many systems talking to each other and possibly not enough computing power? Like when your phone has too many programs running in the background?

I’m hoping ALL is just software that can be fixed OTA, but because each issue is sporadic and so different, not so sure.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ok, we all know at this point that software is “buggy.” Just trying to figure out where the problem is or what to blame.

Every day so far this week, I’ve gotten a different bug. It’s like rolling the dice every time I start the car to see what goes wrong.

Monday- profile defaults to guest. Have to manually hit profile and memory seat.

Tuesday- Chargers unreachable error all day. Can’t find chargers in NAV

Wednesday- screen unresponsive. Volume control fault pops up on display.

Today- car recognizes profile, but doesn’t go to my memory seat setting. (Did this 1 out of 3 time I drove, and it was the 2nd time I got in the car today).

So what system or systems do I blame? GTPE, never gotten an update yet so it’s not that.

Not recognizing my profile- could be miscommunication between the car and PAAK or car and fob (I use both). Could just be the computer is hanging up or slow (hardware), could be just buggy software?

Chargers unreachable- heard this was a cloud issue.

Memory seat recall inconsistent. This last few weeks, happens like 1 in 5 times I get in the car, but never before in the 4 months of ownership. No clue! Not sure if hardware, software or what.

Seems like the car has so many systems talking to each other and possibly not enough computing power? Like when your phone has too many programs running in the background?

I’m hoping ALL is just software that can be fixed OTA, but because each issue is sporadic and so different, not so sure.
Gremlins. They come and they go. If they stay away, ignore them.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Add to the list today:

Light mode on radio not showing any of the pictures/graphics details from the radio.

As soon as I pulled in the garage, shut off car and it goes to dark mode and everything shows up……

Ford Mustang Mach-E How the software works, what to blame? FB840795-154D-4919-ADC7-D1FCB36310C5

Blame Ford? Blame Sirius?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Add to the list today:

Light mode on radio not showing any of the pictures/graphics details from the radio.

As soon as I pulled in the garage, shut off car and it goes to dark mode and everything shows up……

Ford Mustang Mach-E How the software works, what to blame? FB840795-154D-4919-ADC7-D1FCB36310C5

Blame Ford? Blame Sirius?
It could be because your car is on its side. ?

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Have you ever done a master reset? Unfortunately you'll have to re-setup practically everything but it may solve some of your issues.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you ever done a master reset? Unfortunately you'll have to re-setup practically everything but it may solve some of your issues.
Haven’t yet, no. Trying to figure out if there’s specific fixes before going nuclear.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I'm sure you've already thought about this but just to double check. Is your fob the fob connected to your profile and are both your fob and paak associated with your same profile?

I've seen this issue when someone didn't have the fob associated but paak was. Also saw someone who grabbed the wrong fob. It confuses the car.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm sure you've already thought about this but just to double check. Is your fob the fob connected to your profile and are both your fob and paak both associated with your profile?

I've seen this issue when someone didn't have the fob associated but paak was. It confuses the car.
Hey, nothing wrong with checking the basics first.

Yes, fob and PAAK both on my profile and no others. I also undid the fob and reconnected it just to be sure.

Also deleted my wife’s profile for a few days. That didn’t fix it. And added her back with fob 2 on her profile, still no change.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Hey, nothing wrong with checking the basics first.

Yes, fob and PAAK both on my profile and no others. I also undid the fob and reconnected it just to be sure.

Also deleted my wife’s profile for a few days. That didn’t fix it. And added her back with fob 2 on her profile, still no change.
Have you tried just PaaK or just fob? I'm just spitballing things I would try.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you tried just PaaK or just fob? I'm just spitballing things I would try.
Either one gets me in the car. I’m honestly scared to go somewhere without the fob (is PAAK anxiety worse than range anxiety?) and always have my phone with me.

I can try it out, but really really hope neither is the solution. If PAAK only fixes it, I don’t trust PAAK. And if fob only fixes it……. I still need my cell, and like the occasional time I need to get in the car and don’t have my keys on me.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Either one gets me in the car. I’m honestly scared to go somewhere without the fob (is PAAK anxiety worse than range anxiety?) and always have my phone with me.

I can try it out, but really really hope neither is the solution. If PAAK only fixes it, I don’t trust PAAK. And if fob only fixes it……. I still need my cell, and like the occasional time I need to get in the car and don’t have my keys on me.
Well it's just something to try and if it works take it to the dealer and tell them you have serious issues caused by PaaK and you need the software update to resolve it. I know it's a PITA to go to a dealer but if that resolves it then you might have a winner.

You don't have to actually leave your phone behind, just stop the app and make sure it's not attempting to connect to the car, or disable bluetooth.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
If I read your comments correctly, the issue is every day you get in your car and there is a different bug? The common element seems to be, you getting in the car....

Have you tried not getting into the car and and see if that helps?

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Nuke it from orbit. Only way to be sure. (aka Master Reset)

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If I read your comments correctly, the issue is every day you get in your car and there is a different bug? The common element seems to be, you getting in the car....

Have you tried not getting into the car and and see if that helps?
Lol I’m definitely the common denominator.

I swear the car hates me this week.

And tonight……. ANOTHER brand new problem I’ve never had before!!!

Amber light on the Ford charger. Luckily it went away when I unplugged and replugged it. But seriously?? Never seen it before. Let’s see what tomorrow brings!

Ford Mustang Mach-E How the software works, what to blame? 0A6DCDD2-DEA1-422A-9FC2-D31715FC76B7
Sponsored