generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It all depends on the company....another popular EV manufacturer that I recently had a vehicle from would look for any reason to deny warranty work. e.g. third party accessories such as seat covers or modifications that could not be removed to make it look like the original product are common reasons for warranty claim denial.

I haven't had issues with Ford yet, but unlike that competitor, each dealership is different.

Based on your response, it sounds like I shouldn't expect future hassles from Ford stemming from this adjustment, which assuring.
The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act protects consumers from that kind of thing. They’d have to prove that your modification was the cause of whatever problem they’re trying to deny coverage on.
Sponsored

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act protects consumers from that kind of thing. They’d have to prove that your modification was the cause of whatever problem they’re trying to deny coverage on.
Exactly, but that unfortunately doesn't stop them from trying. I think they're betting most people won't fight them on it...let's just say there's a reason I no longer own that vehicle.

But yes, thank you for confirming this shouldn't be a future issue with Ford.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Leaving them uncovered makes the most sense to me.

When I take my car to the dealer, I always pop the hole covers off just in case they miss the fact that they don't need to remove the trim. If the holes are there, they use them and don't lose any more trim clips. :rolleyes:
Hmmm, now that I read this I should have removed the covers of mine before I dropped the car off, I never thought of it.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

When I take my car to the dealer, I always pop the hole covers off just in case they miss the fact that they don't need to remove the trim. If the holes are there, they use them and don't lose any more trim clips. :rolleyes:
Luckily I have two more caps. Doughnuts to dollars , if they take them off to use the charge-points I will never see them again

rhougey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Prem RWD, 1968 Mustang, 2014 Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I also remove mine before taking the car in. I keep thinking, “why don’t I just leave these off”, since I bored the holes so nice, but I keep popping them back in because I have them. It almost makes no sense.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I also remove mine before taking the car in. I keep thinking, “why don’t I just leave these off”, since I bored the holes so nice, but I keep popping them back in because I have them. It almost makes no sense.
I must have an odd dealer (they’re actually the only dealer here). Last time I had the car in I know for a fact they removed the plug caps and put them back on. Mine are labeled and I put them in upside down. They were right-side up when I got the car back. Snug fit with my caps as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Interesting!

What has the dealer said about the holes?

Clearly it helps them do their job, I'm just wondering how Ford may try to use them as reason to reject future warranty claims.
My Dealership loved the holes.... they are considering offering adding Holes as a 'Service' when people come in for 10k,20k,30k checkups. They also have stocked the Lift-pads in their mobile van as an 'on site' accessory purchase they offer.

Modifications cannot be used as grounds to refuse warranty claims UNLESS Ford could prove that the specific mod CAUSED the issue you are claiming should be covered under warranty. Cutting holes in trim, or removing trim, has not directly caused any problems and thus cannot prevent any warranty claims or service.

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
My Dealership loved the holes.... they are considering offering adding Holes as a 'Service' when people come in for 10k,20k,30k checkups. They also have stocked the Lift-pads in their mobile van as an 'on site' accessory purchase they offer.

Modifications cannot be used as grounds to refuse warranty claims UNLESS Ford could prove that the specific mod CAUSED the issue you are claiming should be covered under warranty. Cutting holes in trim, or removing trim, has not directly caused any problems and thus cannot prevent any warranty claims or service.
That's great to hear!

What are the lift-pads they're stocking?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The service dude at my local dealership (not the dealer I bought from) looked at my 12V access and said: “Why didn’t Ford do THIS?” đŸ€ȘđŸ©

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
That's great to hear!

What are the lift-pads they're stocking?
just one set of the modified Telsa pucks that I made as an example. I don't think they have had to jack a MME 'in the wild', so they haven't used them yet. I had a set in my car when they did my HVBJB replacement, and the Service Tech liked them.....
Sponsored