How to adjust where BlueCruise tracks in the lane

jwhamlin244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium
Country flag
Hello everyone.
I find that bluecruise tracks much too close to the right side of the lane for my comfort level. I know, in theory at least, that you can override where it tracks in the lane by manually adjusting the car to where you want it to track for a couple seconds. However, it doesn't seem to work for me.

Is there an indication anywhere that the car acknowledges you'd like to adjust the tracking to the center or the left side of the lane? A chime, or visual indication in the bluecruise car icon would be ideal i think.

My experience is that I'll pull it all the way to the left side of the lane, I can feel the steering wheel tension the entire time try to pull me back to the right. I focus for a good 5 to 10 seconds trying to track closer to the left line. When I let go of the wheel, the car immediately veers back to the right side of the lane. Once, it so aggressively rejected my tracking request that it overshot the right side lane marking when it was trying to correct back to the right side.

Am I missing something? Is there a setting? I really just want to center my car in the lane..
Sponsored

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
From what I have read, it appears to be tied to the calibration of the cameras. I would suggest a visit to the dealer to see if the cameras need calibration or not.

Tony

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'm pretty sure every MME tracks to the right as its been a complaint for a long time. It seems to center the driver and not the actual car.. Its very annoying, especially here in CA where we have bikes lane splitting. I'm lucky where I can manually set its path. However that does seem to reset at random times and I'll be far right again.

One thing I have noticed a few times, at least on my car. Let the car do whatever it wants, it will go pretty far right, then its like "oh shit I'm far right" and it will go more centered in the lane. Does not always work, its about 50/50 on my car.

RESUME CONTROL blinking red line to the right on a perfectly straight freeway when I stop fighting the car from wanting to move right. &%@*#$@$& you're driving move the hell back over then!!! lol

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
This is one of the most annoying things on my Mach-E now that I've had it a month. It will even cross into the lane to the right sometimes. Basically, I completely agree with OP. But I have noticed that if I just let it move uncomfortably all the way to the right, then it seems to more center itself after that. But many times I just do not feel safe doing that as there are cars in the lane to the right.

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
i don't have BC yet but with the ACC+LC sometimes it goes so far over it the line it then warns me to manually adjust it... face palm

fokkerlit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Country flag
i don't have BC yet but with the ACC+LC sometimes it goes so far over it the line it then warns me to manually adjust it... face palm
This has been my experience too. Sometimes it's very aggressive in how it adjusts the wheel when I'm still pretty much in the center of the lane. Other times I could be close/on the line and it does nothing at all.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yeah mine does the same thing and I won't even use the thing it's stupid to use something that allows you to get way too close to cars I don't find blue Cruise useful at all because it's totally broken.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I noticed the same too. The manual state that for LKA if you center your car it will follow your favorite position after a few seconds (I never noticed that so I con confirmed if it worked before) but BC keeps me too close to the right line, which is annoying when I'm in the left lane with a car at my right. If I center the car, as soon I I leave the sterring wheel, it goes very aggressivelyto the right.

I'm happy that I have a free year because I woudn't pay a dime for that.

I never noticed that LKA kept me to the right and I didn't always touch the wheel.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I noticed the same too. The manual state that for LKA if you center your car it will follow your favorite position after a few seconds (I never noticed that so I con confirmed if it worked before).
Yeah, this hasn't worked for me either. I've held it to the left for close to 20 seconds and then it goes right back.

tnd78

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 RAV4 EV
Country flag
In daylight, I've had the same experience with BlueCruise favoring the right side of the lane. At night, it seems better at staying close to the center of the lane. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?
Sponsored