Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
If you want to change the profile picture in the car make sure you have a profile picture stored in your phone under YOUR contact and then click on settings and then personal profiles.

How can something so simple be so hard! It took me awhile to find where the car was pulling a really old photo I had set up as a contact profile pic a long time ago. It's actually very simple and I can change it to anything I want using the picture I set up on my phone contacts. If it doesn't work make sure you are listed in your phone with a profile picture only ONCE. If there are multiple contacts for yourself with the same email address as your Ford account it doesn't know which one and will give an error.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to change your personal profile icon 163209130_10226004561206742_8325736435467412223_o

163601758_10226004561846758_1224316630529880690_o.jpg

163601757_10226004564326820_2414085127423161067_o.jpg

OP
OP

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
Doesn't work for me on iOS. I have only one contact with my name, I have a profile pic and I don't see it in the Mach-E
Make sure the information is exactly the same way it is in showing in your Ford account including the spelling of your name and there is only one entry in the phone contacts with the same details.

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
Doesn't work for me on iOS. I have only one contact with my name, I have a profile pic, and I don't see it in the Mach-E
You will need to connect your phone via Bluetooth instead of Car Play temporarily. Once you are connected via Bluetooth, you can choose your profile picture.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How to change your personal profile icon IMG_0430

jproudfo

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE; 2018 Chevy Bolt
Country flag
I experienced the same issues with my profile picture this week. I don't understand why this is so difficult.

I also don't understand why the profile picture doesn't come over with the initial Remote Vechile Setup. I set a profile picture during setup, why didn't it get added to my profile in the vehicle? Why ask for a profile picture if you're not going to use it??‍♂

The instructions on this thread are amazingly helpful. For me... I had to disable CarPlay, turn off Bluetooth, delete all of the contacts that might have had my name in them, create a new contact for myself (name, email, phone number, and photo), then reconnect Bluetooth. Then, like some sort of secret decoder ring, my profile photo could actually be set. Once set, don't forget to reenable CarPlay.

This sequence worked for both my phone and profile, as well as my wife's phone and profile.

Crazy.

Last edited:

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E How to change your personal profile icon 1643039464979

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Never worked for me, I gave up. Android, not Apple though.

Aulander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I have an Android phone and I have solved the issue after many tests.
Add your name and phone number in contacts, not the phone owner's profile but a new contact in the contact list and choose a profile photo. The name can also be different from the SYNC or FordPass profile name (tested! SYNC looks for the phone number of the connected phone), no need to add FordPass profile email (tested too!).
Delete all contacts in SYNC. Connect your phone via Bluetooth and reload all contacts in SYNC.
Change profile photo in SYNC and you will find it in the first circle in the option selection.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I have an Android phone and I have solved the issue after many tests.
Add your name and phone number in contacts, not the phone owner's profile but a new contact in the contact list and choose a profile photo. The name can also be different from the SYNC or FordPass profile name (tested! SYNC looks for the phone number of the connected phone), no need to add FordPass profile email (tested too!).
Delete all contacts in SYNC. Connect your phone via Bluetooth and reload all contacts in SYNC.
Change profile photo in SYNC and you will find it in the first circle in the option selection.
I also have Android. All I had to do is add a contact with the same email address that I use in FordPass. Once I did that it showed up.

Aside: I have my own domain name and use a different email address for each vendor I deal with.

BilLongua

First Name
Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 2021 MME GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
If you want to change the profile picture in the car make sure you have a profile picture stored in your phone under YOUR contact and then click on settings and then personal profiles.

How can something so simple be so hard! It took me awhile to find where the car was pulling a really old photo I had set up as a contact profile pic a long time ago. It's actually very simple and I can change it to anything I want using the picture I set up on my phone contacts. If it doesn't work make sure you are listed in your phone with a profile picture only ONCE. If there are multiple contacts for yourself with the same email address as your Ford account it doesn't know which one and will give an error.

Jesus Christ - thank you for this - I spent an hour with Ford support yesterday trying to explain to them what I wanted to do, and after my 3rd transfer, they basically told me that they have NO IDEA. I was like, dude - this CAN'T BE THIS HARD.

DaveP

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD iced white assistance pac
Occupation
Real estate advisor
Country flag
So I have profile pic for myself but can't get my wife's on her profile. Any ideas?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So I have profile pic for myself but can't get my wife's on her profile. Any ideas?
I think it is awesome that Profiles work at all on your car. You are probably asking too much to get the photo thing to work at this point. Yeah, I know it's SUPPOSED to work and for about a year and a half it worked great. Times have changed though.

Profiles is so broken in my car that I had to delete all profiles. The only sure fire way to get my settings is to just use the Guest account as the only profile that exists. That works most of the time. The radio stations sometimes don't load correctly or at all but at least the seats, mirrors, drive modes, driving aids all remain as per the previous trip.
Sponsored