How to disable the alarm?

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
I've set it off multiple times due to PaaK issues (my wife has the fob) and I really just don't want it at all. I can't figure out how to turn it off entirely.
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I've set it off multiple times due to PaaK issues (my wife has the fob) and I really just don't want it at all. I can't figure out how to turn it off entirely.
If you’re talking about turning off your interior motion sensors, you can’t. It reverts back to On every time you restart the car. It’s a software bug. I reported it over two months ago and so far Ford hasn’t even officially acknowledged the problem.

OP
OP

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
If you’re talking about turning off your interior motion sensors, you can’t. It reverts back to On every time you restart the car. It’s a software bug. I reported it over two months ago and so far Ford hasn’t even officially acknowledged the problem.
No, I'm talking about the alarm, period. Not just which sensors are used. I just don't want it to go off, ever.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E How to disable the alarm? Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 2.05.23 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to disable the alarm? Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 2.05.33 PM

OP
OP

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
I've read the manual. In there they only talk about how to disarm it once it's armed, or how to change the set of sensors used. It doesn't say how to disable it altogether.

OP
OP

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
I pulled BCM fuse 20 which has an interesting effect: it doesn't disable the alarm, but instead of using the specific alarm horn, it now uses the normal horn. It's at least sightly quieter.
Sponsored