Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
INTRODUCTION: For those of you with the Canadian and most likely the European versions of the Mach E that would like the E-Brake symbol to say "BRAKE" instead of the more international ( ! ) symbol, this guide is for you. Big thanks to breeves002 for helping me out with this.

PREREQUISITES: You will need the items below to perform this modification.
  • Latest version of FORScan (2.3.48 as of 07/10/2022)
  • FORScan-compatible OBD2 dongle (OBDLink, Mongoose, Veepeak, etc.)
NOTE: If you don't know how to modify as built with FORScan there is a great write up here: http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=4573

DISCLAIMER: Perform this modification at your own risk. FORScan, used incorrectly, may cause irreversible damage to hardware which may require a dealership visit, most definitely not covered by warranty. You accept all risk performing this modification, among any other modification using FORScan software.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Open FORScan and connect to your Mach-E.
  2. As a recommendation, save a copy of your IPC data before proceeding (you should get in the habit of backing up any module you modify)
  3. Access the Configuration and Programming tab within FORScan.
  4. Go to IPC as built and make this one change. Leave the x's what they are currently just change what's in the 4 slot (To a 5 ). VIce Versa for someone wanting the more international look.

5. 720-09-02x4xxxxxx

PHOTOS:

Ford Mustang Mach-E How-to DIY: Change the E-Brake dash symbol on the IPC in FORScan dash
Ford Mustang Mach-E How-to DIY: Change the E-Brake dash symbol on the IPC in FORScan dash2

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Cool - I just did this mod........in reverse! (I used to live in Europe and like the Int'l symbol)

Mike_Hawk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium Extended AWD (Space White)
Country flag
USA here, just made the change too. I like the symbol way better; it's less cluttered looking. Thank you!

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
If you're in Europe you've driven with the (!) symbol for decades, not sure why you'd want word instead.

OP
OP
Mark Hassa

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
If you're in Europe you've driven with the (!) symbol for decades, not sure why you'd want word instead.
Growing up in Canada, I just remember the BRAKE symbol from cars in my past. To me it’s more of a nostalgia thing. I distinctly remember it from my dad’s van from the 80’s. I guess along the way Canada decided to do the international Symbol
Sponsored