breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
The suspense is killing a lot of us here. When will we be able to FINALLY disable the dumb double honk that happens when you get out of the car and close the door while running and your key is in your pocket? Well wait no longer! I have figured it out! I will share it to each person that wants to know for $100 in bitcoin. Just kidding - how-to is below.

Note: FORScan doesn't support writing the Mach E BCM in the current release. You will need the beta build found here: https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.44.test20211116.exe If this link is dead download the latest version from their website instead.

DISCLAIMER: Do this at your own risk I'm not responsible for any damage you may do to your car or any denied warranty claims....

Great guide on how to use FORScan: If you don't know how to modify as built with FORScan there is a great write up here: http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=4573

Sign up for an extended license trial or purchase one to support the FORScan team here: https://forscan.org/download.html

Easy way: Once connected go to the programming tab, select BdyCM configuration and hit play. When the list appears search 'double' and the 'double honk when exiting cabin' will show up. Select it, hit edit, select disable, hit write at the bottom, select OK. Once it writes you're good to go!

Manual way: Modify as built in BdyCM: 726-19-01 xxxx xx3x xxxx DISABLES the double honk
DO NOT change anything that is an X - leave your current value there. I had a B where the 3 is above and changed it to a 3. If you have a different value than a B you may just need to lower the value by 8 but this is UNCONFIRMED. Hit write next to the line you modified. Wait for the flashes (maybe) of the lights and then you're set! No need to restart the car. Enjoy no double honk!

Quick how to video:

Here's a video proving it has been disabled:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
The guide I linked above is great. PM me if you want a public wallet to send that bitcoin to ;)

Here's a cheap adapter that works well: https://amzn.to/30iRwgP

Better option: https://amzn.to/3FeNOTU

Wireless option that works with phones too for live data: https://amzn.to/3qyTcgQ
Very excited my friend. The double horn-honking is by far the most annoying thing about the MME in my opinion (I know that means I am lucky that I don't have many of the other problems others have faced, and I am grateful).

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Would love to have an alternate sound when the car autolocks. It scares the hell out of people. The car locks when the driver is only 10 or 20 feet away. A soft chirp would do the job.
I just turned that off in settings. Phone notification that it locked is enough feedback for me.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Why bother with the as-built? Just go into the module and select disable from the drop down menu.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Why bother with the as-built? Just go into the module and select disable from the drop down menu.
Brilliant...why didn't I think of that? Go try that and let me know how it goes...

FORScan doesn't support module configuration yet other than as built and that doesn't even work for some modules like the BCM yet. This is the only way to do it once they add support for writing modules. They made it clear to me they don't have time to spend on the Mach E right now more than basic fixes to make some basic functions work.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
So... in theory, what else can FORScan do eventually? Could it change suspension settings in a GTPE? Allow you to use a different Ford Keyfob and map an unused button to open the Frunk?

I presume it will pull data in real time on energy useage and allow a real time energy draw display on your phone, since Ford doesn't see any value in that.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I presume it will pull data in real time on energy useage and allow a real time energy draw display on your phone, since Ford doesn't see any value in that.
You don’t need FORScan for that. Just install Car Scanner Pro on your phone and get a Bluetooth OBD2 dongle.

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
Unfortunately I don't have my FORScan anymore, I may try to get it back when my vehicle eventually comes. I wish my BlueDriver would work with MachE's and do all the cool things FORScan does.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Wow this is awesome! Can’t wait since I take my phone with me when I get my mail out of habit. Now we need bambi mode lol.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Wow this is awesome! Can’t wait since I take my phone with me when I get my mail out of habit. Now we need bambi mode lol.
Bambi mode???

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Would this have to be redone every time there is an update?

I am all for it, like others have said this is the #1 "feature" that I detest. It is infuriating, and annoying that we can't be treated like adults.
Sponsored