Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
Why do you say that? The hood switch input to the remote start logic is a carryover from ICE vehicles to prevent injury in the event of an inadvertent remote start while working under the hood. I can't think of a valid reason to cancel a remote start because the MME hood is open.
There's still components there that can cause harm if the hood is ajar when there's maintenance being done.

This is a stretch, but what if the dealership has all the panels removed, and there's a precondition set at a specific time every day. If the hood ajar was disabled, the car might start and someone gets their hand or cloths caught in the cooling fan. That's a lot to go wrong all at once, but it could happen.
Sponsored

JJR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Iā€™ve done this and it works even after updates have been loaded. Donā€™t know if a dealer update might change it back, but probably not if the dealer saves the settings and restores them.

rgonyer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1968 Mustang, Edge ST, F150, Fiesta ST
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Can someone point me in the right direction? I've used Forscan years ago to add a heated steering wheel to our 2015 F150, and it seemed pretty simple. I'm not having any luck connecting to my Mach E... Here's what I get:

Ford Mustang Mach-E How-to DIY: Disable Double Honk with Mach-E Running in FORScan 1670695627898

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Can someone point me in the right direction? I've used Forscan years ago to add a heated steering wheel to our 2015 F150, and it seemed pretty simple. I'm not having any luck connecting to my Mach E... Here's what I get:

Ford Mustang Mach-E How-to DIY: Disable Double Honk with Mach-E Running in FORScan 1670695627898
If your ELM has a switch make sure it is in the HS-CAN position to connect.

rgonyer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If your ELM has a switch make sure it is in the HS-CAN position to connect.
Yup, did that- I actually tried both positions... on the other position it wouldn't even connect to the ELM.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Yup, did that- I actually tried both positions... on the other position it wouldn't even connect to the ELM.
Probably a bad adapter. Also try rebooting the PC. Those cheap ones sometimes have issues. Buy an OBDLink EX or MX+.

rgonyer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Probably a bad adapter. Also try rebooting the PC. Those cheap ones sometimes have issues. Buy an OBDLink EX or MX+.
Just went out and tried again and it worked.... Not sure what was different. I might have to upgrade just for the sake of not having to flip the switch all the time. Thanks for the replies.

LaFong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Vapor Blue Metallic
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
This worked on my ā€˜23 GT. The current version 2.3.50 gave the "Unable to connect to vehicle" error. They created a test 2.3.51 version which worked for me.

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The suspense is killing a lot of us here. When will we be able to FINALLY disable the dumb double honk that happens when you get out of the car and close the door while running and your key is in your pocket? Well wait no longer! I have figured it out! I will share it to each person that wants to know for $100 in bitcoin. Just kidding - how-to is below.

Note: FORScan doesn't support writing the Mach E BCM in the current release. You will need the beta build found here: https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.44.test20211116.exe If this link is dead download the latest version from their website instead.

DISCLAIMER: Do this at your own risk I'm not responsible for any damage you may do to your car or any denied warranty claims....

Great guide on how to use FORScan: If you don't know how to modify as built with FORScan there is a great write up here: http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=4573

Sign up for an extended license trial or purchase one to support the FORScan team here: https://forscan.org/download.html

Easy way: Once connected go to the programming tab, select BdyCM configuration and hit play. When the list appears search 'double' and the 'double honk when exiting cabin' will show up. Select it, hit edit, select disable, hit write at the bottom, select OK. Once it writes you're good to go!

Manual way: Modify as built in BdyCM: 726-19-01 xxxx xx3x xxxx DISABLES the double honk
DO NOT change anything that is an X - leave your current value there. I had a B where the 3 is above and changed it to a 3. If you have a different value than a B you may just need to lower the value by 8 but this is UNCONFIRMED. Hit write next to the line you modified. Wait for the flashes (maybe) of the lights and then you're set! No need to restart the car. Enjoy no double honk!

Quick how to video:

Here's a video proving it has been disabled:
I'm finally ready to make this mod for my 2022 GTPE, but the guide mentioned above is no longer available. Is there another overview on the FORScan process so that I can have more confidence is making this change?

Thanks!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'm finally ready to make this mod for my 2022 GTPE, but the guide mentioned above is no longer available. Is there another overview on the FORScan process so that I can have more confidence is making this change?
The link to that guide still works for me.

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag

Thanks!
That Fusion2g link works fine for me, try again?

Edit: I see you got it haha. Good luck!

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
This made me go look down the list in the BdyCM module config, and sure enough there's a list of Auto Lock values in there. The last one in the list (Auto Lock - Vehicle) looked like the most promising, so I disabled that one first. That had no effect, so then I disabled the Auto Lock - Initial Value and the Personal 1-4 values. That did the trick! I'm not sure which one of those is what did it, but I guess I'll just leave them all disabled for now and see if there are any side effects. Thanks!

I know Iā€™m a bit late to the Forscan party, but Thank You for posting this. Was able to disable auto lock for the wife who always forgets to hit the door button when picking up the kids from school (or me from work) resulting in us having to get here attention and ask her to unlock the doors. Pickups should now be dryer and warmer this winter.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I know Iā€™m a bit late to the Forscan party, but Thank You for posting this. Was able to disable auto lock for the wife who always forgets to hit the door button when picking up the kids from school (or me from work) resulting in us having to get here attention and ask her to unlock the doors. Pickups should now be dryer and warmer this winter.
Itā€˜s been so long that I forgot auto-lock even used to be a thing!
Sponsored