Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E 4x 2014 Accord V6
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Would love to have an alternate sound when the car autolocks. It scares the hell out of people. The car locks when the driver is only 10 or 20 feet away. A soft chirp would do the job.
Badly needed.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Confirmed the asbuilt in my car has the correct value to change, and forscan does not work to change it. It acts like it's going to work, but It errors out half way through writing the new data and nothing is changed.

APIM asbuilt changes work though.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
When I have walk away lock enables, but every other warning off, it still honks the horn once. hate that and the double honk if the car is still running. but I have no idea how to do whatever this thread is about.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Would this have to be redone every time there is an update?

I am all for it, like others have said this is the #1 "feature" that I detest. It is infuriating, and annoying that we can't be treated like adults.
Possibly will have to be re done if a BCM update is applied. Depends if the Ford database updates with your new as built or not and if it gets flashed during the update.

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
When I have walk away lock enables, but every other warning off, it still honks the horn once. hate that and the double honk if the car is still running. but I have no idea how to do whatever this thread is about.

You have the audible notice turned off and it still horns when locked? Mine is off and no honks unless leave car turned on, which is why it does that.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I'm totally confused!!!! When I got the car in July I hated the "double honk" when getting out of the car. So the 2nd weekend I had the car I went through every menu and there was just a simple radio dial that I deselected the "honk warning" or what ever they called it. I don't recall exactly where that was since it was 5 months ago. Am I missing something???

ps can someone explain what exactly forscan is for those of us that are novices!!! Thx

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I'm totally confused!!!! When I got the car in July I hated the "double honk" when getting out of the car. So the 2nd weekend I had the car I went through every menu and there was just a simple radio dial that I deselected the "honk warning" or what ever they called it. I don't recall exactly where that was since it was 5 months ago. Am I missing something???

ps can someone explain what exactly forscan is for those of us that are novices!!! Thx
I don’t know much about it really but I read the wiki linked in the first post. It looks like FORScan is a home brew software made by Russians that allows editing of the firmware of the vehicle. I would be very suspect of using it… wish there was a better option that wasn’t made by Russian hackers haha. It seems to work well though and may very well be safe to use, but the origins give me pause.

It’s also basically guess and check on editing critical systems in the vehicle and could cause some major issues. Definitely not for an amateur or someone without previous code experience or at the very least a deep understanding of computer systems.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
LOL Forscan has been around for a long time. The double horn honk is when you leave your car running and get out with your key or phone, you get a double honk. There are a LOT of things you can change in the car with Forscan that are not available through menus on the vehicle.. I’ve been using it in my trucks since 2015 but it was around long before that.
If you are curious enough you can see what can be changed on the trucks. All (well, most) vehicles will have these spread sheets.

Last edited:

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
You have the audible notice turned off and it still horns when locked? Mine is off and no honks unless leave car turned on, which is why it does that.
After someone suggested turning it off and relying on the phone notification I turned off the audible notification and I had the same issue. It still honks. Ill have to go through the menu again and see if I missed something

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I don’t know much about it really but I read the wiki linked in the first post. It looks like FORScan is a home brew software made by Russians that allows editing of the firmware of the vehicle. I would be very suspect of using it… wish there was a better option that wasn’t made by Russian hackers haha. It seems to work well though and may very well be safe to use, but the origins give me pause.

It’s also basically guess and check on editing critical systems in the vehicle and could cause some major issues. Definitely not for an amateur or someone without previous code experience or at the very least a deep understanding of computer systems.
Your research is somewhat lacking. Yes, FORScan could alter things and mess up the vehicle. Much is menu driven and many have used it on non-EV Fords, vehicles without OTA capability, to enable capabilities that the vehicle had but they didn't pay for. On my 2013 F-150, I turned on Remote Start. I enabled Hill Descent with the purchase of a $9 switch. I enabled my fog lights as DRLs. I switched my blinkers from 3 flashes to 5. When I finally buy a new battery, I can reset the BMS without going to the dealer (which is necessary for it to know that a new battery is in the vehicle).

No coding experience is needed. An understanding of the consequences of making changes is needed, as well as saving As Built, and the ability to restore it.

I had a 2018 Fusion Energi and I never touched it with FORScan. Mainly didn't know what would happen if an OTA update came for a module that I had changed. Of course Ford never made any updates OTA, and only Sync was updated, and that was via USB. Also wasn't my daily driver, so I didn't care to tweak it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
After someone suggested turning it off and relying on the phone notification I turned off the audible notification and I had the same issue. It still honks. Ill have to go through the menu again and see if I missed something
There are two different places you can turn off Audible Feedback. Make sure you’ve turned off the one under Walk-Away Lock. (Which is not the same as the double honk when the car is left on)

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are two different places you can turn off Audible Feedback. Make sure you’ve turned off the one under Walk-Away Lock. (Which is not the same as the double honk when the car is left on)

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is the one I had turned off. Yesterday when I did this the horn still honked. I didn't do anything additional today and the horn no longer seems to beep. Maybe the car had to cycle on and off for the new setting to take? I'll see what happens today.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How-to DIY: Disable Double Honk with Mach-E Running in FORScan IMG_5625

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
This is the one I had turned off. Yesterday when I did this the horn still honked. I didn't do anything additional today and the horn no longer seems to beep. Maybe the car had to cycle on and off for the new setting to take? I'll see what happens today.
IMG_5625.jpeg
That‘s not the right one. Hit the down arrow next to WalK Away Lock to expand it. You’ll see another one there.

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That‘s not the right one. Hit the down arrow next to WalK Away Lock to expand it. You’ll see another one there.
Got it. That seems to have worked. What does the other button do then?
Sponsored