breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
FORScan beta build does work. Link on first post. If the link stops working most likely they have added full support in the latest release or they've released a new beta build and I haven't posted the updated link.

Please note that this does include BdyCM configuration BUT it doesn't have double honk in the configuration so you'll have to do it with as built for now. I did request they add it but we'll see what happens.

I'll make a video today/tomorrow on how to do this.'

Thanks @benk016 for also testing to confirm this works with his GT. IF anyone has a non-GT please confirm if that value is a B changed to a 3 that works for you OR if it is not a B if decreasing it by 8 works...or what value works properly.
Sponsored

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
Works for me. Premium Extended range. About to start tinkering. The Issue that was mentioned about the BCM on the 2015 F150, that was me. lol That's how you find new things. All in the name of science.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Thanks @benk016 for also testing to confirm this works with his GT. IF anyone has a non-GT please confirm if that value is a B changed to a 3 that works for you OR if it is not a B if decreasing it by 8 works...or what value works properly.
My Premium also had a B in that field, which I changed to a 3. I was so confident that it would work that I didn't even cover my ears when I tested it in my garage (and it worked).

I have no idea how you figured this out, but thank you!

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
My Premium also had a B in that field, which I changed to a 3. I was so confident that it would work that I didn't even cover my ears when I tested it in my garage (and it worked).

I have no idea how you figured this out, but thank you!
Awesome, glad it is working for people.

I figured it out by my methods...which...work :p

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
FORScan sent me a new beta build and added the double honk disable per my request into BCM configuration. Good news, this makes it less scary for a lot of people new to FORScan!

New build link on first page, it will be added in the next version. I also made a video on how to do this. Hopefully it helps some people.

There does seem to be some bugs on how it connects. Every time I create a new profile I have to force quit and re-open then it seems to work.

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There does seem to be some bugs on how it connects. Every time I create a new profile I have to force quit and re-open then it seems to work.
Do you have to create a new profile? I've just been selecting the option to use the existing profile when FORScan opens.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Do you have to create a new profile? I've just been selecting the option to use the existing profile when FORScan opens.
You do not, but keep in mind as they change support (adding supported/removing unsupported modules) a new profile may net more features or a less buggy experience. They added VDM support on this build and since I have a VDM I had to create a new profile.

If you ever have like "service procedure interrupted" first try creating a new profile instead of using your saved one. After an OTA update the software p/ns change and sometimes FORScan can't access the same module with the old p/n. It only polls for the new ones when you create a new profile.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You do not, but keep in mind as they change support (adding supported/removing unsupported modules) a new profile may net more features or a less buggy experience. They added VDM support on this build and since I have a VDM I had to create a new profile.

If you ever have like "service procedure interrupted" first try creating a new profile instead of using your saved one. After an OTA update the software p/ns change and sometimes FORScan can't access the same module with the old p/n. It only polls for the new ones when you create a new profile.
Got it. Thanks!

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
This is great stuff, but all sounds way too complicated for me. How about Ford just add an option for this and call it a day?

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
Because it only took one person to forgot their car was running in the garage and die of carbon monoxide poisoning for the gov't to impose "features" that can't be disabled to prevent it from happening again. So they added the warning if you leave your car running with the key and the auto shutdown after 30 minutes. It's just easier/cheaper to blanket implement it across all models, regardless of gas or electric.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is great stuff, but all sounds way too complicated for me. How about Ford just add an option for this and call it a day?
You're welcome to wait for that. But you will be waiting a while (forever).

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Well they haven't in 10 years of push button start.....plus I think they consider this a safety feature and it may be government mandated but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Finchster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Occupation
Programmer
Country flag
Could this be used to turn off the backing beep out pedestrian sound ?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Could this be used to turn off the backing beep out pedestrian sound ?
Nope. At least not yet. It’s a totally different module though so my guess is it won’t happen.
Sponsored