noway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
the "personal" seems to be the different profiles.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
the "personal" seems to be the different profiles.
Yeah, that makes sense. But I'm surprised they would have different profile settings for something that isn't directly user configurable.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I successfully disabled the double honk on my Mach E GT. On my 2017 Fusion, I did the same and also turned on Bambi mode (fog lights and high beams). Pretty straightforward.
I used this version of FORScan on both cars:
https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.4.5.beta3.exe

I used a Mongoose Plus for the connection.

Last edited:

lucas7793

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER RWD
Country flag
Thanks for your detailed description on how to change this feature.
Unfortunately it also doesn't work for me.
Tried with 2.4.4 stable and the 2.4.5.beta-3 version with the VINT-TT55502 OBD2 adapter. When this did not work, I ordered the OBDLink EX and gave it a try. Same result - it does not work.
It always stops at 66% with "Service procedure has been interrupted", if I remember correctly the VINT-TT55502 stopped at 60%. Clicking noises occur and the lights flash, but nothing changes in the settings.
It's also a European model, maybe there are restrictions?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Tried with 2.4.4 stable and the 2.4.5.beta-3 version with the VINT-TT55502 OBD2 adapter. When this did not work, I ordered the OBDLink EX and gave it a try. Same result - it does not work.
It always stops at 66% with "Service procedure has been interrupted", if I remember correctly the VINT-TT55502 stopped at 60%. Clicking noises occur and the lights flash, but nothing changes in the settings.
There may be something different about models in other countries that they need to adjust.

You can go here https://forscan.org/contactus.html and at the bottom has the steps to collect logs to send the team to investigate what is going on. I've done this for a few issues and they had a fix within 24 hours.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Send your log files to FORScan ([email protected]) and tell them the problem. They'll fix it and issue a new beta. Please send me the beta link when they issue it.

MachEGTPilot

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350 DRW, 2020 Escape Hybrid, 2021 MachE GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I successfully disabled the double honk on my Mach E GT. On my 2017 Fusion, I did the same and also turned on Bambi mode (fog lights and high beams). Pretty straightforward.
I used this version of FORScan on both cars:
https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.4.5.beta3.exe

I used a Mongoose Plus for the connection.
Same here, so simple I "fixed" my Escape too..... Thanks again for the write up Breeves!!!!!

lucas7793

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER RWD
Country flag
Thanks for the information!
Sent my log to forscan, it's the first they got from a European model. There seems to be a difference to the US model, that's why it's not working. They told me they are going to modify the program to support the EU model. I will let you know when I get an update.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Took care of this last night. Best change so far. I did poke around the other modules with hopes to find an option to enable the reverse mirror tilt function, but sadly this might required modification to as-built data.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Has anyone had any adverse effects from this? Like failed OTA updates or anything?
This won't cause OTAs to fail. The only thing that could happen is if Ford updates the BCM it will re-enable the double honk when it reconfigures the as built. You can easily turn it back off.

lucas7793

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER RWD
Country flag
With the latest Forscan Version (Release 2.3.45) I was now able to turn off the double honk on a European model! It successfully went to 100% (instead of stopping at 60%). I used the OBDLink EX for configuration.

Does anybody know what I need to re-configure so the DRL can be turned off? I think on the US version this is default behaviour, but in the EU model the DRL will stay on, even when you switch the lights to off (probably regulatory stuff). For my trips I want to sleep in the car, but with the DRL on screaming for attention in my opinion. In my previous car (Hyundai Ioniq EV), the DRL went off when I put the car into park and applied the parking break. Has anyone experience with this?
Sponsored

Last edited: