supared

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
This won't cause OTAs to fail. The only thing that could happen is if Ford updates the BCM it will re-enable the double honk when it reconfigures the as built. You can easily turn it back off.
My guess: they won't change/revert the As-Built. It is uniquely configured up front for the car "As-Built." They wouldn't really have a reason to change it after the car is built, and I doubt they want to deal with unique version history for every VIN with every update. They wouldn't bother reprogramming everyone's AB under the assumption a handful of owners made changes.
Sponsored

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Would love to have an alternate sound when the car autolocks. It scares the hell out of people. The car locks when the driver is only 10 or 20 feet away. A soft chirp would do the job.
Exactly. Like re-use the speaker with propulsion and make a vroom to silent note winding down. Honking the horn is terrifying @Ford Motor Company

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
My guess: they won't change/revert the As-Built. It is uniquely configured up front for the car "As-Built." They wouldn't really have a reason to change it after the car is built, and I doubt they want to deal with unique version history for every VIN with every update. They wouldn't bother reprogramming everyone's AB under the assumption a handful of owners made changes.
Whenever a module is updated with FDRS it reprograms in the as built. Some modules this will have to happen as the new software will "zero" the as built. Other modules will not have this same issue.

cooljhill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Hi i am trying this in the UK
i have brought the Obdlink ex usb adapter and when i read the car it freeze at headlamp control module then i switch ignition off for 5 secs and back on and it continues then i change the double honk but when writing at 66% i get service interrupted message and car lights flash and it didnt work

cooljhill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
With the latest Forscan Version (Release 2.3.45) I was now able to turn off the double honk on a European model! It successfully went to 100% (instead of stopping at 60%). I used the OBDLink EX for configuration.

Does anybody know what I need to re-configure so the DRL can be turned off? I think on the US version this is default behaviour, but in the EU model the DRL will stay on, even when you switch the lights to off (probably regulatory stuff). For my trips I want to sleep in the car, but with the DRL on screaming for attention in my opinion. In my previous car (Hyundai Ioniq EV), the DRL went off when I put the car into park and applied the parking break. Has anyone experience with this?
how did you get this to work i have the exact same issue in the UK it says service interrupted at 66% when trying to write

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
how did you get this to work i have the exact same issue in the UK it says service interrupted at 66% when trying to write
Make sure you have the latest FORScan first. If you do send them the log files from your FORScan Log folder (text file and dump.bin). Tell them the issue. They'll fix it.

cooljhill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
they sent me another forscan install and managed to get the double honk to work
now i am talking to an american to compare our as built files to see if we can turn on the light up pony on the GT in the UK.

noway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
It WORKED now with the latest RELEASE version (2.3.46) downloaded from forscan official download page, did NOT work with the 2.4.5 beta release posted in this thread. My car is EU/norwegian first editon with the 21P22 update installed, powerup 1.6.0.

https://forscan.org/download.html

My car is now silent when closing door in ON, and I am able to lock the car from the outside with the "engine ON" also by using the touch button on the door. Secure idle seems to be on already, not tested, but with those two features it should be possible to leave the car ON, lock it, and walk away from it both locked and locked in park. I had this already by default on my previous Ford, which was very nice!

I have also changed a couple of other settings:
"Remote Start - Lightning" to Disabled. Have not been able to test if this works yet, but hope so. It would be nice if it is possible to remove the turn signal confirmation also. The car should really not make any effort notifying anyone around that it is heating.

"DRL Conditions" to "Option A". With the default of "Option B" the DRLs will be running full brightness all the time when "Engine ON" and low beams/high beams are not activated. With "Option A" the DRLs will be off or in low brightness mode when shifter is in Park, but will turn on to full brightness as soon as shifter is moved into any other mode than Park. This means:
1) It is possible to have the car ON, with NO external lights on. (switch to 0, shifter in park, somewhat annoyting the interior screens turns to full brightness.. but OK)
2) If car is in Park, "engine ON", and light switch is moved to second position ("parking lights") the DRLs will run in low brightness mode, not the full brightness as default. If shifter is moved from park it will go to full brightness again. This should have been the default mode, and as far as I know, the EU regulations allows it.

More about the DRLs.. having the DRLs running at full brightness all the time was an annoyance when
1) Parking in dark close to country roads. The DRLs would run full brightness which blinds drivers more than low beam would.
2) I got complaints from road workers when waiting in queues in the dark, they want the lights off/park light mode while waiting in queue in the dark.
3) Got complaint from ferry worker when sitting on a ferry in the dark, the DRLs would light up the whole ferry deck..

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Good to know about the option to turn off the lighting when remote starting. That should have been the default to begin with. It certainly makes it less likely potential car thieves will target your car when there are other "lit up" cars idling nearby.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@noway Outstanding! It does work! Using Forscan, you can set remote start so the headlights don't come on when you remote start - AND it does turn off the center screen inside, too!
However, disabling lighting on remote start does not disable the light on the front pony. (Oversight?) Also, the driver display does keep the 'Press Start Button' alert illuminated.
It would be GREAT for Ford to have this 'Stealth Start' mode as a user selectable option on the Sync Screen!

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not sure. I did use the same Mongoose adapter I use with FDRS, but didn't try FDRS.

Josh X

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Make sure you have the latest FORScan first. If you do send them the log files from your FORScan Log folder (text file and dump.bin). Tell them the issue. They'll fix it.
Do you know if it's possible to remove the Apple CarPlay/Android Auto limitations while moving? All I want if to be able to use the keyboard to Maps while moving. Annoying that even my passenger can't do it.

I know in the ID.4 people can remove it with ODB11 (similar to FORScan)

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
The suspense is killing a lot of us here. When will we be able to FINALLY disable the dumb double honk that happens when you get out of the car and close the door while running and your key is in your pocket? Well wait no longer! I have figured it out! I will share it to each person that wants to know for $100 in bitcoin. Just kidding - how-to is below.

Note: FORScan doesn't support writing the Mach E BCM in the current release. You will need the beta build found here: https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.44.test20211116.exe If this link is dead download the latest version from their website instead.

DISCLAIMER: Do this at your own risk I'm not responsible for any damage you may do to your car or any denied warranty claims....

Great guide on how to use FORScan: If you don't know how to modify as built with FORScan there is a great write up here: http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=4573

Sign up for an extended license trial or purchase one to support the FORScan team here: https://forscan.org/download.html

Easy way: Once connected go to the programming tab, select BdyCM configuration and hit play. When the list appears search 'double' and the 'double honk when exiting cabin' will show up. Select it, hit edit, select disable, hit write at the bottom, select OK. Once it writes you're good to go!

Manual way: Modify as built in BdyCM: 726-19-01 xxxx xx3x xxxx DISABLES the double honk
DO NOT change anything that is an X - leave your current value there. I had a B where the 3 is above and changed it to a 3. If you have a different value than a B you may just need to lower the value by 8 but this is UNCONFIRMED. Hit write next to the line you modified. Wait for the flashes (maybe) of the lights and then you're set! No need to restart the car. Enjoy no double honk!

Quick how to video:

Here's a video proving it has been disabled:
While I have used Forscan extensively with my F-150 I admit to being a little nervous to use on my brand new Mach E but I HATE the double honk. So, with that said I just did my '22 Ca. Rt. 1 AWD with the manual way, changed B to a 3, it worked. Thank you for the excellent tutorial and I will let you know if I experience any problems.
Sponsored