Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Seems to me this feature isn't particularly necessary when 360 camera view is an option/feature. So possibly they disabled it because they believe 360 camera is better. If I had a select I would think this feature was pretty cool, but with a 360 camera I have never felt like I needed to see where the curb was in the side mirror.
I prefer side mirror tilt over 360 camera. Especially when adding aftermarket quality wheels and wanting to park as close to curbs as possible, this mod comes in handy, tremendously. Before, I was tiling the mirrors manually when parking adjacent to curbs.
Sponsored

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I prefer side mirror tilt over 360 camera. Especially when adding aftermarket quality wheels and wanting to park as close to curbs as possible, this mod comes in handy, tremendously. Before, I was tiling the mirrors manually when parking adjacent to curbs.
+1. The 360 fused view, although useful for quick orientation, is less accurate in my experience.

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
+1. The 360 fused view, although useful for quick orientation, is less accurate in my experience.
Right. 360 is great for quickly aligning into a parking space or driveway, but when you need a bit more precision for parking close to curbs, side mirrors are still the winner for me. It would be cool if the side cameras could show a down view on the center screen.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Right. 360 is great for quickly aligning into a parking space or driveway, but when you need a bit more precision for parking close to curbs, side mirrors are still the winner for me. It would be cool if the side cameras could show a down view on the center screen.
Agreed. While the zoom feature of the 360 camera is good in theory, I don't find that it zooms into the areas I really want to see. So I think the mirror tilt mod will come in very handy. I plan to do it soon - likely tomorrow. I just wish Ford made the whole process a bit simpler! E.g., the ability to tilt both mirrors at the same time. Here in San Francisco we very often have tight parking situations on both sides of the car, so a dual mirror tilt would be bueno. (And lest someone suggest I use a seat/mirror memory button for that, I am short a button: I use one button for me, one for my wife, and one to switch off 1P when I'm going into my garage - 2P works much better for that, but I love 1P for everything else.)

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Interesting. My previous car had this. Loved it. Anyone near where i live have this and done this let me know. :)

Southern92

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW i3
Country flag
THIS is one of the features I miss from driving my i3. I'm not quite ready to try this yet...but in the interim:
Memory seat #1 is my seat/mirror settings.
Memory seat #2 is exact copy of #1 except passenger mirror is tilted down & in. So I can see the curb / park in my garage.

Maybe when I'm feel ing a little braver I will try this.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
So I just enabled the feature and I think it is going to be super helpful for parallel parking. Thank you.

One issue (unrelated to the mirror reverse tilt feature) I've noticed with the rear view camera is that the green/yellow/red fixed guide lines do not run parallel to the curb, even though the car is in fact parallel to the curb. See the photos below and compare the position of the car in the 360 window with the of the fixed guide lines vis-a-vis the curb.

Both left and right side fixed guidelines are off (see the first and second photos). So the issue is that the perspective is wrong.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? And does anyone know if it is adjustable?
Ford Mustang Mach-E How-to DIY: Enable Reverse Tilt on Sideview Mirrors with FORScan IMG_5218
Ford Mustang Mach-E How-to DIY: Enable Reverse Tilt on Sideview Mirrors with FORScan IMG_5221

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
So I just enabled the feature and I think it is going to be super helpful for parallel parking. Thank you.

One issue (unrelated to the mirror reverse tilt feature) I've noticed with the rear view camera is that the green/yellow/red fixed guide lines do not run parallel to the curb, even though the car is in fact parallel to the curb. See the photos below and compare the position of the car in the 360 window with the of the fixed guide lines vis-a-vis the curb.

Both left and right side fixed guidelines are off (see the first and second photos). So the issue is that the perspective is wrong.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? And does anyone know if it is adjustable?
Ford Mustang Mach-E How-to DIY: Enable Reverse Tilt on Sideview Mirrors with FORScan IMG_5221

Your rear camera could be very slightly misaligned, or the guide lines aren’t centered to the rear image, which can be corrected in FDRS, and maybe FORScan.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
8 times out of 10 I use parallel park assist. I would love a reverse tilt for those two times I don't use PA 😃

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Your rear camera could be very slightly misaligned, or the guide lines aren’t centered to the rear image, which can be corrected in FDRS, and maybe FORScan.
Thanks. Next time I take the car to the dealer I'll ask them to adjust it.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
So apparently ForScan just hates the Mongoose cable? I can't edit the IPC and trying now to do this mod and the APIM doesn't come up... what the, how lame.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
So apparently ForScan just hates the Mongoose cable? I can't edit the IPC and trying now to do this mod and the APIM doesn't come up... what the, how lame.
Did you add Super snake stripes to your MME? Mongoose hate snakes.

(??mongooses¿¿. Maybe Mongeese?? Or mongeesers?)

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I had weird connection issues with the Mongoose cable when working with FORScan, so I just use the OBDlink MX+ Bluetooth adapter.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I had weird connection issues with the Mongoose cable when working with FORScan, so I just use the OBDlink MX+ Bluetooth adapter.
Yeah, I finally bit the bullet and ordered it today so I can do this modification along with the temp on the IPC. Figure it will be useful in the future if I ever want to use CarScanner, etc.

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Yeah, I finally bit the bullet and ordered it today so I can do this modification along with the temp on the IPC. Figure it will be useful in the future if I ever want to use CarScanner, etc.
Exactly. I keep the MX+ plugged in for use with Car Scanner. I built a dashboard to monitor everything critical to me.
Sponsored