Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
Yes it worked in my September 2021 Premium. I had to download the latest version of FORScan to see the APIM module though.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
So I just enabled the feature and I think it is going to be super helpful for parallel parking. Thank you.

One issue (unrelated to the mirror reverse tilt feature) I've noticed with the rear view camera is that the green/yellow/red fixed guide lines do not run parallel to the curb, even though the car is in fact parallel to the curb. See the photos below and compare the position of the car in the 360 window with the of the fixed guide lines vis-a-vis the curb.

Both left and right side fixed guidelines are off (see the first and second photos). So the issue is that the perspective is wrong.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? And does anyone know if it is adjustable?
IMG_5218.jpeg
IMG_5221.jpeg

Yeah, mine are a few degrees off and placed better for the camera to be mounted off center, like on my old Fusion Energi. I always hace to position the right line on the wrong side of a parking space line to put my car in the middle of the space. 😱🐩

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, mine are a few degrees off and placed better for the camera to be mounted off center, like on my old Fusion Energi. I always hace to position the right line on the wrong side of a parking space line to put my car in the middle of the space. 😱🐩
Mine isn't that the camera seems off center but rather that it could be pointing a little too high, such that the guide-lines don't line up parallel with the curb. I wonder if your rear camera is pointed at a slight angle to one side, while mine it pointing too high...? 🤔

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
So I finally got to doing this today and when I enabled it, the setting did not appear in my Sync settings. I then disabled it, which was the default setting, and it appeared!

I tried closing FORScan and reopening it, turning the car off and letting it sit with the door open to fully reset and tried again, fresh. Did the scan, went to the file, enabled it, BOOM disappeared. I did this a few times before just leaving it on disabled and having it work. What gives?!?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are so many other interesting settings in the APIM, like 360 degree view, etc. has anyone messed around with anything else to see if we can get more meaningful changes? Like the 360 setup the Lightning has or an easier way to get access to the front camera view?

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
So I finally got to doing this today and when I enabled it, the setting did not appear in my Sync settings. I then disabled it, which was the default setting, and it appeared!

I tried closing FORScan and reopening it, turning the car off and letting it sit with the door open to fully reset and tried again, fresh. Did the scan, went to the file, enabled it, BOOM disappeared. I did this a few times before just leaving it on disabled and having it work. What gives?!?
The APIM requires two resets for a setting to stick. First one is when you program it, second one can be with FORSCAN or just the steering wheel reset combo. It seems when you made the change, it reset. When you didn't see it, you set it back, which made it reset and show up, but after the multiple car on and off, and letting it sit, it disappeared again.

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB SLK350, Audi Q5
Country flag
Sorry, folks, I'm a pilot, not an engineer. And when I got to the Disclaimer I ventured no further. I'll leave that to braver souls, but thanks for the tip anyway.

Brown1000

First Name
Mikell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 MME GTPE
Country flag

I just had this happen to me in my job 2 21 GTPE... I've set both mirrors and it works, so idk why it does this. Oh well I can now enjoy reverse tilting mirrors so I don't curb my 22" wheels! Thxs @connoisseurr for the write up!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just had this happen to me in my job 2 21 GTPE... I've set both mirrors and it works, so idk why it does this. Oh well I can now enjoy reverse tilting mirrors so I don't curb my 22" wheels! Thxs @connoisseurr for the write up!
@i8iridium posted the answer. You have to reset the APIM twice for it to take. So once you change it Forscan, it auto resets sync. Then you manually reset it again when it comes on and the setting will be there.

Lb8403

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium EXT AWD
Country flag
I really hope they just enable this option in an OTA!

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag

IceIceBaby

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E, ExtR, AWD, Ice White ed.
Occupation
Sailor
Country flag
@i8iridium posted the answer. You have to reset the APIM twice for it to take. So once you change it Forscan, it auto resets sync. Then you manually reset it again when it comes on and the setting will be there.
This needs to go in the directions! Thanks for posting!

Formanrobs56

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Semi-retired ( PT bartender and live sound engineer)
Country flag
An alternate solution:

I would love to have the reverse tilt feature, but am hesitant to make the investment of time and hardware for the one feature. It should be a standard feature in the vehicle settings that you can enable or disable. I had a 2006 Lexus RX400 that did this sixteen years ago.

For those that are interested and both cheap as well as

“chicken-hearted” like me, I actually used one of the three memory functions on the driver door to save the “reverse-tilt” mirrors setting to. It works quite well and while it is an extra step the benefits are 1) you don’t need to understand or invest in FORSCAN and 2) it works quite well with no perceptible delay moving from the normal memory function to the reverse tilt mirror version.

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
An alternate solution:

I would love to have the reverse tilt feature, but am hesitant to make the investment of time and hardware for the one feature. It should be a standard feature in the vehicle settings that you can enable or disable. I had a 2006 Lexus RX400 that did this sixteen years ago.

For those that are interested and both cheap as well as

“chicken-hearted” like me, I actually used one of the three memory functions on the driver door to save the “reverse-tilt” mirrors setting to. It works quite well and while it is an extra step the benefits are 1) you don’t need to understand or invest in FORSCAN and 2) it works quite well with no perceptible delay moving from the normal memory function to the reverse tilt mirror version.
This has been stated multiple times already, but where this option fails is when you have multiple drivers of different height.

You only need a $20 OBD2 adapter to complete this, and other modifications.