generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
have you tried deleting the vehicle profile and letting it fully rescan? I have an OBDLink MX and a clone VCM that work fine. Forscan tends to hang on the HCM and I have to force close the app, but it always works the second time.
That was it! Doing a full rescan with the MX+ found the rest of the modules, including the IPC. It hung on the HCM and had to be force quit just like you said. Worked fine the second time, and I now have the outside temp in the IPC. Thanks!
Sponsored

djjerv91

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER Infinite Blue
Country flag
So, now you'll have two temp displays? One on SYNC and one in IPC?

Can we swap the temp/compass?
Trying to gain an understanding for this, why would seeing the temp in the cluster be more beneficial than the direction you're going? Am I missing something? When has anyone been driving and needed to more than maybe once during a drive check the temp outside?

chuckles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 RWD Mustang Mach E
Country flag
When has anyone been driving and needed to more than maybe once during a drive check the temp outside?
We've got hills, and temperature varies ±20F in just 5 miles of driving. I assume people would be interested to see temps less than 40F so they know to look out for black ice, perhaps?

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
So, now you'll have two temp displays? One on SYNC and one in IPC?

Can we swap the temp/compass?
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. It's not really hard to glance over at the large display to see the temp, something I seldom need to know anyway.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Trying to gain an understanding for this, why would seeing the temp in the cluster be more beneficial than the direction you're going? Am I missing something? When has anyone been driving and needed to more than maybe once during a drive check the temp outside?
I think part of it is simply a user preference thing.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Thought this might be interesting to some. I was reading a thread where someone saw the UK version of a Mach E showed the temperature on the IPC (Dash Display) instead of the compass, so I set to find out if it would work on a US version. I am using @breeves002 formatting from his Double Honk thread to save some typing, so thanks in advance! Also, thanks to those from the UK that sent me VINs to check against.

Note: FORScan doesn't support writing the Mach E IPC in the current release. You will need the beta build found here: EDIT: Current release 2.3.47 can make the changes. If this link is dead download the latest version from their website instead, hopefully it's added to the mainstream build soon. I literally just sent the developers logs the other night and they came back with this test version.

DISCLAIMER: Do this at your own risk I'm not responsible for any damage you may do to your car or any denied warranty claims....

Great guide on how to use FORScan: If you don't know how to modify as built with FORScan there is a great write up here: http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=4573

Sign up for an extended license trial or purchase one to support the FORScan team here: https://forscan.org/download.html

Easy way: Once connected go to the programming tab, select IPC configuration and hit play. When the list appears search 'outside' and the 'Outside Air Temperature' will show up. Select it, hit edit, select enable, hit write at the bottom, select OK. Once it writes, the IPC will reset and the temperature will show up shortly.

Manual way: Modify as built in IPC: 720-02-02 xxxx xxxx xExx ENABLES the temperature display. The stock value is C.
DO NOT change anything that is an X - leave your current value there. I had a C where the E is above. I'm about 99% sure all US Mach E will be a C. If not, let me know and I can check on it. Hit write next to the line you modified. No need to restart the car. This mod will either display temperature or compass. Not both.

BEFORE:
image1.jpeg

AFTER:
image0.jpeg

oooohhhhhh, one step closer to a truly customizable display ?!

Is it possible to display *any* available data in that area? My #1 ask would be real-time display of power (kW).... -kW output and +kW charging/regen

OP
OP
i8iridium

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. It's not really hard to glance over at the large display to see the temp, something I seldom need to know anyway.
This among all of the mods that people do to their vehicles is always personal preference. Coming in and saying that it isn't hard to look over is correct. It doesn't take much effort to turn your head 35 degrees to the right, but some folks might just want something different. Not a huge deal.

I'm coming from the F150 Forums and all the modifications that folks have done there with adding functions, features, and even complete systems to their trucks. The Ford Fusion Forums are even crazier. Purely for customization.

djjerv91

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER Infinite Blue
Country flag
I think part of it is simply a user preference thing.
Things like this show me that no matter what car builders do, there will always be things that people don't like hahaha

OP
OP
i8iridium

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
oooohhhhhh, one step closer to a truly customizable display ?!

Is it possible to display *any* available data in that area? My #1 ask would be real-time display of power (kW).... -kW output and +kW charging/regen
The super short answer is no.

The drawn out answer is that the IPC can only show things that are already programmed in it's software, or calibration files. This goes for any module in the vehicle really. Now, I am curious if the regen/power meter that the GT and GT/PE vehicles have can be enabled in a Select or Premium. Once I isolate that, and we establish a mod spreadsheet, I'll post it for someone else to try that has a premium. I doubt it'll work, because that probably relies on the other module's software for the motor inverter and battery, but it's worth a try, right?

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
The super short answer is no.

The drawn out answer is that the IPC can only show things that are already programmed in it's software, or calibration files. This goes for any module in the vehicle really. Now, I am curious if the regen/power meter that the GT and GT/PE vehicles have can be enabled in a Select or Premium. Once I isolate that, and we establish a mod spreadsheet, I'll post it for someone else to try that has a premium. I doubt it'll work, because that probably relies on the other module's software for the motor inverter and battery, but it's worth a try, right?
Is there a short (or not super long) explainer you can point me to that talks about how people even figure out what to change for these mods? I'm too cowardly to do it myself lol but I find it very interesting and would love to understand more. Is there a way to like "decode" these numbers you mod? Is it trial and error? Something else?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
This among all of the mods that people do to their vehicles is always personal preference. Coming in and saying that it isn't hard to look over is correct. It doesn't take much effort to turn your head 35 degrees to the right, but some folks might just want something different. Not a huge deal.

I'm coming from the F150 Forums and all the modifications that folks have done there with adding functions, features, and even complete systems to their trucks. The Ford Fusion Forums are even crazier. Purely for customization.

since there are no carburetors, intake or exhaust systems to play with, we have to modify SOMETHING..... ;)

first step to really getting the most out of a BEV is to see all the important temps, and power in/out real-time. To me, the 'important stuff' should be displayed right in front of the driver regardless what is displayed on the big screen console.

Although, I would be just as happy if we could design a customizable display of whatever sensor data streams are available on the center console. I would LOVE to put some temp gauges, and a big +/-kW dial or bar up on the center console.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Now, I am curious if the regen/power meter that the GT and GT/PE vehicles have can be enabled in a Select or Premium. Once I isolate that, and we establish a mod spreadsheet, I'll post it for someone else to try that has a premium. I doubt it'll work, because that probably relies on the other module's software for the motor inverter and battery, but it's worth a try, right?
I would be ecstatic if you figured out the power meter. I’ll be first in line to try it on my Premium.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Yeah I use those all the time. I'm thinking something smaller with known good Mach-E tweaks.

PM me your email and I'll make a sheet and make you an editor and we can get it started.
If you guys put a spreadsheet together, that would be awesome! I'd really like to make this adjustment and the double honk, but would prefer to knock everything out at once, if there are any other cool tweaks on top of those two.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
On, I'm not really interested in having the temp there vs on the SYNC, but was just curious if you could swap them, because, as you mentioned, I'd much rather see the direction.

/old KonaEV had the direction on the rear view mirror.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you guys put a spreadsheet together, that would be awesome! I'd really like to make this adjustment and the double honk, but would prefer to knock everything out at once, if there are any other cool tweaks on top of those two.
These little tweaks can make the car so much more enjoyable. The only changes I've made so far are disabling the double honk, killing auto-lock, and now the temp in the IPC. I'm looking forward to more!
Sponsored