David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Not at the moment, so you either need to use plug and charge, or turn that off and use the EA app to get the Pass+ rate. Ford is currently trailing being able to buy a year long Pass+ benefit tied to plug and charge but it's not yet widely publicly available (I'm in the trail group and it worked fine, but still in the test phase at the moment).
Thank you! P&C worked for this trip, and I was fine using up my free kWh. Just was hoping to simplify things In the future. I can wait…
Sponsored

iaming

First Name
Br
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SEL
Will the 250kw expire? I don't use ea chargers on my everyday routine

Amazonkers

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Select, previous 13 Chevy Volt
Country flag
I’ve had my MME since the end of May and successfully activated my Fordpass account including attaching a credit card. However, during my 6 weeks with the car I have never gotten the P&C to activate, only get a spinning circle for a couple minutes or more than a message stating to try again later. Keep waiting for it to work. Calls to Ford have not been helpful - they put me on hold to read FAQ’s, I’ve already done. I love the car as a third car for local trips but would not keep it as an only car because the owner experience with this and other Fordpass connection issues (including PAAK) has been bitter sweet to put it nicely.
I know this thread is now ancient but I just car the car and it would spin the same the first 4 days. I got a message that it was setup later - I assume it just gets setup for new owners.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Dragging this up as I noticed Brave (and my Pi-Hole were busy picking off url's flagged as trackers.) Brave (which is Chrome based) just would spin and end with "Opps" using Safari I was finally able to get the card info screen and set up P&C (though it expires for me in mid Feb). I hadn't pinned down the failure until now. So a Safari or Firefox browser may will help those getting the forever spin or "Opps try later" error. I would be stoked if the 250k doesn't expire :)
Ford Mustang Mach-E How to Enable Plug & Charge in 7 Steps Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 8.42.49 PM

Last edited:

dmac1418

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E '23 Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I know this thread is now ancient but I just car the car and it would spin the same the first 4 days. I got a message that it was setup later - I assume it just gets setup for new owners.
Replying to your now ancient post - I had to self-activate BlueOval charging network in connected services with a credit card which in turn auto-enabled plug and charge.

It is not automatic.

62Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE
Country flag
Great sticky, was able to enable P&C thanks to these instructions (although some of the screens on Fordpass appear to have changed). THANK YOU.

foxxxnick

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Nissan LEAF S
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Thank you for sharing.

yong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E Premium FE, '15 Audi Q5
Country flag
After searching and trying a bunch of different things, I finally called Ford and was told Plug and Charge only works for the first owner. Any subsequent owners will not have access to it. At least the representative qualified it with "at this time", but I'm not getting my hopes up. I do have access to the Blue Oval Charging Network, but I just need to activate on the screen after plugging in.

This detail feels like it might be worth an edit on the first post.

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE, 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
After searching and trying a bunch of different things, I finally called Ford and was told Plug and Charge only works for the first owner. Any subsequent owners will not have access to it. At least the representative qualified it with "at this time", but I'm not getting my hopes up. I do have access to the Blue Oval Charging Network, but I just need to activate on the screen after plugging in.

This detail feels like it might be worth an edit on the first post.
Wow. I have been looking for an explanation as to why I couldn't enable Plug and Charge on my used Lightning, and this appears to be it. I would not have expected such a limitation, and honestly it's quite ridiculous.

I understand only making the free 250 KWh available to the first owner (regardless of whether they use it or not), but there's no reason I can think of to limit Plug and Charge functionality.

yong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E Premium FE, '15 Audi Q5
Country flag
Wanted to post an update on my P&C status:

Sometime last week, my Blue Oval Charge Network was deactivated, not sure if it expired (3 years since first owner activated maybe?) or what, but I couldn't use it to activate public chargers anymore. Upon reactivation, suddenly Plug & Charge became an option! Now, in my app it shows that it's active for EA and shows my Charging Bundle Balance of 0.0 kWh.

PedroDaGr8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium (First Edition)
Country flag
Wanted to post an update on my P&C status:

Sometime last week, my Blue Oval Charge Network was deactivated, not sure if it expired (3 years since first owner activated maybe?) or what, but I couldn't use it to activate public chargers anymore. Upon reactivation, suddenly Plug & Charge became an option! Now, in my app it shows that it's active for EA and shows my Charging Bundle Balance of 0.0 kWh.
Wow, I just checked and sure enough same here. I was in the car and when I reactivated it, the car even gave me a notice that plug and charge was now active.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It took some figuring out to enable Plug & Charge. It's only a 7 step process. So I figured maybe I'd share what I learned.

1. Log into my Ford.com account and click on My Ford Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E How to Enable Plug & Charge in 7 Steps Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 8.42.49 PM

2. Then click on Connected Services and walk through the process there (I've already done this so the screens won't match, but add your card info in here.)
Yeah it's a Ford Edge, LOL. This will start your free 250 kW trial and establish a default payment method.

If you get the message: NO CONNECTED SERVICES AVAILABLE. Then try again a day or two later.

3. Then log into the Ford Pass App and click on Vehicle (it may take time to update).

4. Click on Manage EV

5. Click on FordPass Charging Network

6. Click on Plug & Charge

7. Click the slider to enable.
Great info for US folks. Unfortunately, we have completely different screens in Canada both on Ford.ca and in our App. It looks like we are quite a bit behind our US colleagues. I used to have a Plug and Charge slide switch but no longer have it since it hasn't worked in Canada.
Hoping the move to the TSC network will fix this for us.