breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
DISCLAIMER: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! While this shouldn't void any warranties or cause any issues it is considered modifying your vehicle in an unsupported way. I am not responsible for any damage you do to your vehicle. OTA updates could revert this change.

@Mach-Lee made me aware that non GTs didn't have the power meter. I decided to quickly do some digging and figure out if I could enable it on non-GTs. After about 5-10 minutes I had it figured out. We got it enabled on his Premium no problem!

NOTE: This WILL NOT WORK ON ALL VEHICLES! If your IPC software is too old, the power meter won't work. This is confirmed working on 2022 vehicles.

In theory, this should work on all Job 2 2021 vehicles and later. Older vehicles built before Sept 30 2021 should have had the IPC updated with FDRS to a new enough version for this to be enabled. BlueCruise OTAs may not provide a recent enough software version.

READ: FORScan guide: http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=4573

Recommended OBD adapter is the OBDLink EX or MX+. Windows laptop is required.

One change in the IPC is required. I recommend unplugging the vehicle from the charger before doing this though it isn't 100% necessary.

Change IPC Value:
720-11-02 x2xx xxxx

Do not change any X's (all but last 2 values should be 0). Once the value is changed hit "write" to the right of it. Hit yes to any checksum error. Restart the car and done! Note if the car is plugged in you will not see the power meter.

Power limiting grey bars: UPDATE: Limit bars do not work with this mod. These show the maximum power available on GT's. Max power can be reduced for a myriad of reasons including but not limited to the following:
-Battery too hot/cold
-Motors too hot/cold
-Low state of charge
-Speed of vehicle

Video showing power meter enabled on 2022 premium:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
DISCLAIMER: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! While this shouldn't void any warranties or cause any issues it is considered modifying your vehicle in an unsupported way. I am not responsible for any damage you do to your vehicle. OTA updates could revert this change.

@Mach-Lee made me aware that non GTs didn't have the power meter. I thought all Job 2's did but now I know they don't. I decided to quickly do some digging and figure out if I could enable it on non GTs. After about 5-10 minutes I had it figured out. We got it enabled on his Premium no problem!

NOTE: This MAY NOT WORK ON ALL VEHICLES! If your IPC software is not new enough to support the power meter nothing will change. This is confirmed working on 2022 Vehicles. It should work on all Job 2 2021 vehicles. Job 1 2021 vehicles must have had the IPC updated to a new enough version for this to be enabled. If you've gotten the BC OTA it should work though unconfirmed at time of writing.

READ: FORScan guide: http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=4573

Recommended OBD adapter is the OBDLink EX or MX+. Windows laptop is required.

One change in the IPC is required.

Change IPC Value:
720-11-02 x2xx xxxx xxxx

Do not change any X's (all but last 2 values should be 0). Hit yes to checksum error. Restart car.

Video showing power meter enabled on 2022 premium:
Pretty cool, but what is the use for this on a Non-GT since there's no power limit? What else does it show?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Pretty cool, but what is the use for this on a Non-GT since there's no power limit? What else does it show?
1. Shows power output and regen. So you can see throttle ramp, response, etc as well as how close to maxing out regen braking you are.
2. Non GTs do have a power limit. It just isn't the same 5 seconds of wide open throttle like the GTs. If the battery is too hot, too cold, the SoC is too low, or other conditions exist - non GTs will enable a power limit too. Note it is yet to be seen if the jail bars pop up for a non-GT but I'm pretty sure they will.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
How much power youā€™re sucking out of the battery at what acceleration
And how much regen youā€™re getting when you slow down.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It would be the equivalent of a tachometer. Iā€™d want it so long as we donā€™t get any grey bars. If we would, Iā€™d rather not see it!

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Do premiums get any grey bars? If they do, ignorance is bliss is my take
This would be great to see. Just for science sake.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Pretty sure this would show the graphical version of how much power or regen you are pushing. It's eye-candy.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
It would be the equivalent of a tachometer. Iā€™d want it so long as we donā€™t get any grey bars. If we would, Iā€™d rather not see it!
See I like to see the grey bars. It lets me know things are too cold/too hot based on the state of charge. Just good to know data when driving.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Well, it shouldnā€™t show any gray bars so not much use. However, after the impending HVBJB software update it will let us all know *if* Ford is now throttling us too.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Well, it shouldnā€™t show any gray bars so not much use. However, after the impending HVBJB software update it will let us all know *if* Ford is now throttling us too.
I disagree I think it will show grey bars its just different. It will show them for other reasons like temperature of battery being too high/low or a low state of charge. At 5% SoC you do not get full power output in the Mach E, not even close. I'm pretty sure we'll see the grey bars for situations like that. Time will tell.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Youā€™re really going to push me to buy all the stuff arenā€™t you? After todayā€™s debacle at the dealerā€¦ Iā€™m a hairā€™s breadth away from becoming an FDRS DIYer. If I can get a power meter on the premium as wellā€¦I may just do it. (I know forscan and FDRS are different but Iā€™m making an assumption that the same computer and OBD2 interface would work for both.)

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Test drove the lightening today. It has a beautiful power meter. Wish we could get that one.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Youā€™re really going to push me to buy all the stuff arenā€™t you? After todayā€™s debacle at the dealerā€¦ Iā€™m a hairā€™s breadth away from becoming an FDRS DIYer. If I can get a power meter on the premium as wellā€¦I may just do it. (I know forscan and FDRS are different but Iā€™m making an assumption that the same computer and OBD2 interface would work for both.)
Same computer and interface can work for both just don't buy a Mongoose - it doesn't play nice with FORScan even though FORScan supports J2534 passthrough devices. I use my VCM 3 with FORScan usually but I really recommend the OBDLink EX if you are not going to use FDRS.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
The dashed grey bars are very useful as it shows the maximum potential power you have so it is good to see how it is impacted as the battery is discharged / ambient temps etc. It really should be standard on all trims and made much larger not microscopic like it is now.

What you really don't want to see if the party pooper solid grey bar that forces you to wait x seconds for it to clear that is the GT /GTPE specialty :(
Sponsored