www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Well, if Apple did a better job with car play, you’d be able to I suppose 😉
...not with my Android....
my understanding is that the MME only allows 'certain' apps to display on AndroidAuto, so I haven't messed around with it. I'm ok just running the apps I want native on my phone now that I can see it.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Does this work with the Veepeak OBD reader?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Does this work with the Veepeak OBD reader?
I dunno, I have the
Viecar Bluetooth 4.0 OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner for Android/iOS,BLE OBDII Code
Reader,Car Scan Tool

...$25

and the CarScanner ELM app running on Android

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I dunno, I have the
Viecar Bluetooth 4.0 OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner for Android/iOS,BLE OBDII Code
Reader,Car Scan Tool

...$25

and the CarScanner ELM app running on Android
Oh didn't realize you could change the Asbuilt with Carscanner, hmmm

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Oh didn't realize you could change the Asbuilt with Carscanner, hmmm
I dunno what you mean by changing 'asbuilt'.
CarScanner can probably do a lot more than I've discovered. I played with it originally just to get some 0-60 and 0-100 times.... but I wanted to display power in kW from the beginning.

Now that I have a decent phone holder to position my phone as an aux display, I can useany one of the CarScanner 'dashboard' layouts to display ANY of the sensor data. The display is pretty easy to configure as a number or dial, custom label, add blue line/redline values.... pretty cool and easy.

The simplest dashboard has one large central space, two little ones at the top, and two little ones at the bottom. But there are a bunch of other 'dashboards' you can configure to watch different sets of sensors.

here is an example:
Ford Mustang Mach-E How To: Enable Power Meter on Non-GT Mach E example_dashboard_kw

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I dunno what you mean by changing 'asbuilt'.
CarScanner can probably do a lot more than I've discovered. I played with it originally just to get some 0-60 and 0-100 times.... but I wanted to display power in kW from the beginning.

Now that I have a decent phone holder to position my phone as an aux display, I can useany one of the CarScanner 'dashboard' layouts to display ANY of the sensor data. The display is pretty easy to configure as a number or dial, custom label, add blue line/redline values.... pretty cool and easy.

The simplest dashboard has one large central space, two little ones at the top, and two little ones at the bottom. But there are a bunch of other 'dashboards' you can configure to watch different sets of sensors.

here is an example:
Ford Mustang Mach-E How To: Enable Power Meter on Non-GT Mach E example_dashboard_kw
oh, yeah to enable power meter on Non-Gt you gotta change the as built data so it shows up, it's like a config file for the modules, I thought only ForScan could do it. I do all this in CarScanner, it's been very helpful!

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
oh, yeah to enable power meter on Non-Gt you gotta change the as built data so it shows up, it's like a config file for the modules, I thought only ForScan could do it. I do all this in CarScanner, it's been very helpful!
I am not changing any as-built parameters.... just using CarScanner to display available data streams to a configurable 'dashboard' display on the app on my phone.

I played around with various sensor data, checking some temps as well as power, and used this 'dashboard' to display data from my drive up to Taos this past weekend.... I settled on display of motor coil temps, and charger connections, in addition to Power. This data is a snapshot after about 1-1/2 driving, mostly 'moderate' thru the mountains.

I did not charge before taking this snapshot, and found it interesting that both AC and DC connections were about +30F over ambient... probably just from the motor bay heating up from motor/inverter waste heat.

The other cool thing was the range of power.... from -115kw (regen) to 207kw output max, with the trip average only about 12kw! Tells you basically that rolling resistance at the 50mph average speed was quite low, even with 2 bikes on a bikerack messing up aerodynamics!

I have a Select AWD SR, and drive w 1-p in unbridled mode. Max regen is usually about -80-90 kw.... the peak regen of -115kw was 1-p, plus a little bit of braking coming in a curve a little fast. The 207 max output was right around 200 for motor output as that's the most I usually see from 'full accelleration events', and a little I'd guess from A/C use.

dashboard_2_kw & mt coilTemp & chrgrTemps.jpg

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
@dtbaker61 did you notice how regen is split between the front and back motors by any chance?
No I did not. I was really only interested in the total amount of power in or out. I would guess that the torque varies front to back depending on the rate of acceleration or deceleration. There are torque sensors that can be displayed but would guess the split front to back varies in depends on a lot of things

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
Does anyone with a '21 Job1 have this working? Even with all of my modules "up-to-date", per my local dealership, I still can not seem to activate this power meter using Forscan.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Does anyone with a '21 Job1 have this working? Even with all of my modules "up-to-date", per my local dealership, I still can not seem to activate this power meter using Forscan.
The power meter I display (on my phone) is using the CarScanner app, which connects via Bluetooth to my Viecar ODB2 adaptor. The CarScanner app enables you to display any available sensor(s) in customizable display 'dashboards'.

I've settled on the 5 sensor display with the Power (kw) as big as possible in the middle so I can see it in the corner of my eye without too much distraction. I've set the range of the dial to read from -100 kw (regen) to +250 (output).

Since it cannot be cast to the center console display, I put my phone in a screen-side holder as an aux display.

dashboard_4 power-chg temps-lv DC curr-kwhr.jpg

12 displaying CarScanner dashboard.jpg

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
21 Job 1 cars don't seem to have the meter in the IPC software to enable. You can turn it on, but it won't show up, even when fully updated.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
21 Job 1 cars don't seem to have the meter in the IPC software to enable. You can turn it on, but it won't show up, even when fully updated.
my MME is a '21, job 1 I think.... and the raw data is there. I think CarScanner app is probably doing a streaming calculation based on battery v x battery amps for their display.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
my MME is a '21, job 1 I think.... and the raw data is there. I think CarScanner app is probably doing a streaming calculation based on battery v x battery amps for their display.
Correct, the data is there, Just the IPC doesn't have the graphics to show it.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Surely it's not hard to program it in for the job 1 cars?
Sponsored