How To: Enable Power Meter on Non-GT Mach E

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
I really want this, but I don't want to give money to a Russian entity (politics, sorry). So I'll probably see if I can figure out how to do it with something like python-can.

Unfortunately I haven't found a ton of useful info on the Ford CANBus so far. probably because everyone just uses forscan....
I totally get your sentiment, but just like not all Americans are Republican or Democrat, I'm sure lots of the Russian people don't like what's happening either. Of course, it's hard to know which "side" they're on...

Sorry, no more politics...
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Enabled fine on my 22, but now it keeps saying "to infinity and beyond" when I step on the pedal...

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
Enabled fine on my 22, but now it keeps saying "to infinity and beyond" when I step on the pedal...
But is it Tim Allen or Chris Evans? 🤔😆

Bridaddy6

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E Premium ER RWD
Occupation
Programmer Analyst
Country flag
Worked fine on my 2022 premium , produced in April, thanks OP.

Carlos J. Marrero

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hello. I'm new to this Forscan thing. I would like to have the power meter. I have a 2021 Premium Job 2. Could you send me a pic of exactly how the numbers should look? I don't want to make a mistake. I already have an account with Forscan and I'm waiting for Obdlink MX+ to arrive next Tuesday. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
DISCLAIMER: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! While this shouldn't void any warranties or cause any issues it is considered modifying your vehicle in an unsupported way. I am not responsible for any damage you do to your vehicle. OTA updates could revert this change.

@Mach-Lee made me aware that non GTs didn't have the power meter. I thought all Job 2's did but now I know they don't. I decided to quickly do some digging and figure out if I could enable it on non GTs. After about 5-10 minutes I had it figured out. We got it enabled on his Premium no problem!

NOTE: This MAY NOT WORK ON ALL VEHICLES! If your IPC software is not new enough to support the power meter nothing will change. This is confirmed working on 2022 Vehicles. It should work on all Job 2 2021 vehicles. Job 1 2021 vehicles must have had the IPC updated to a new enough version for this to be enabled. It appears the BC OTA does not update it to a new enough version for Job 1 2021.

READ: FORScan guide: http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=4573

Recommended OBD adapter is the OBDLink EX or MX+. Windows laptop is required.

One change in the IPC is required. I recommend unplugging the vehicle from the charger before doing this though it isn't 100% necessary.

Change IPC Value:
720-11-02 x2xx xxxx

Do not change any X's (all but last 2 values should be 0). Once the value is changed hit "write" to the right of it. Hit yes to any checksum error. Restart the car and done! Note if the car is plugged in you will not see the power meter.

Power limiting grey bars: I do not know if these will show up on a non GT but I have a sneaking suspicion they will. These show the maximum power available. Max power can be reduced for a myriad of reasons including but not limited to the following:
-Battery too hot/cold
-Motors too hot/cold
-Low state of charge
-Speed of vehicle

Video showing power meter enabled on 2022 premium:
Hmmm... wasn't able to successfully change mine.

I was hoping that since my car is/was part of EA-Advanced Analytics that I would have been lucky. No such luck.

Tried with both ODBLink MX+ and ODBLink EX to no avail. FORScan v2.4.5 beta3.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How To: Enable Power Meter on Non-GT Mach E 1655694450883

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
Hello. I'm new to this Forscan thing. I would like to have the power meter. I have a 2021 Premium Job 2. Could you send me a pic of exactly how the numbers should look? I don't want to make a mistake. I already have an account with Forscan and I'm waiting for Obdlink MX+ to arrive next Tuesday. Thanks in advance.
These numbers need to read 0200 (per the author)

Ford Mustang Mach-E How To: Enable Power Meter on Non-GT Mach E 1655694726483

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Tried with both ODBLink MX+ and ODBLink EX to no avail. FORScan v2.4.5 beta3.

1655694450883.png
That version of FORScan is way too old. Upgrade to the current v2.3.47 version (what I used). I think they abandoned the v2.4 branch for now. I bet it will work fine after you update.

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
That version of FORScan is way too old. Upgrade to the current v2.3.47 version (what I used). I think they abandoned the v2.4 branch for now. I bet it will work fine after you update.
Will try that. Thanks for letting me know.

mmap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Route1
Occupation
Software Guy
Country flag
Got my new adapter finally and my free FORScan license and did this today.

Only had a couple miles to try it out so far. Works well on my 2022 RWD CR1... I felt like this was a major missing feature, and I am happy to have it now! BUuuuuuuttt.....

I did notice an interesting tidbit -- it doesn't go all the way to 100% on the meter when I floor it. Anyone else with RWD tried this? I assume with AWD non-GT it gets to 100%?

It's not the case that it's the GT meter, since that would be more like me maxing out at 60% on the meter. It definitely getting above 60%, my guess is it is getting to about 90 or 95%.

This is an RWD, maybe the meter is including AWD which is about 20% more power at WOT. Maybe sometime I will try to figure out if I can get in a hands free section and also go slow enough that I can floor it for a bit in order to get a picture or video on my phone. (Safety first, kids!)

I was at about 70% SOC. I thought this would be high enough to get full power, maybe not?

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
Also forgot to mention updating the OBDLink firmware too. I had issues with some things before I did that.
Thanks... went in and did a firmware update.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How To: Enable Power Meter on Non-GT Mach E 1655772473293

I went in and installed FORScan v2.3.47 and tried again but still no luck. I went ahead and reached out to Alexey over at FORScan and he was kind enough to send over the latest beta v2.4.6 to test but even that didn't work.

I'm thinking I don't have the needed IPC Module update.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How To: Enable Power Meter on Non-GT Mach E 1655772619468

As tempted as I am to update the module on my own using FORScan, I think it's better I wait until Ford pushes this via OTA as I don't have a power source for the 12V battery available.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How To: Enable Power Meter on Non-GT Mach E 1655772726878

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I did notice an interesting tidbit -- it doesn't go all the way to 100% on the meter when I floor it. Anyone else with RWD tried this? I assume with AWD non-GT it gets to 100%?

I was at about 70% SOC. I thought this would be high enough to get full power, maybe not?
Interesting, it does go all the way to 100% on my AWD after a couple seconds. I would charge up above 80% and try it from a stop to 60 MPH. RWD will have a slightly lower power limit than AWD so perhaps that is being reflected if you can't get it to go to 100%.

Thanks... went in and did a firmware update.

I went in and installed FORScan v2.3.47 and tried again but still no luck. I went ahead and reached out to Alexey over at FORScan and he was kind enough to send over the latest beta v2.4.6 to test but even that didn't work.

I'm thinking I don't have the needed IPC Module update.

As tempted as I am to update the module on my own using FORScan, I think it's better I wait until Ford pushes this via OTA as I don't have a power source for the 12V battery available.

Do you have working BlueCruise? This probably won't work if you don't since the IPC software will be too old.