Carlos J. Marrero

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Is it possible to update a module with Obdlink MX+?? Actually I have read that I need an EX but I don't know if with some recent update that the MX+ has received it will allow it. Thank you

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Is it possible to update a module with Obdlink MX+?? Actually I have read that I need an EX but I don't know if with some recent update that the MX+ has received it will allow it. Thank you
Yes. I have an MX, not an MX+, and it works fine.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Depends what you mean by update? As built? Yes. Firmware? Yes with FORScan, but I do not recommend it over bluetooth....

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
And even if you do, it still likely won’t work if the car is a Job 1.
This is most likely my issue. Car has the BC update but is most def a ‘21 - Job1. Oh well. I’ve learned to live without it this long, guess I can go without it a bit longer.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
I've done some readings on this, but I'm not entirely clear: Is there an update on FDRS for Job 1 IPCs to enable this? (Along with the Forscan changes, of course)

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
FYI the power limit bars will not display on non-GTs. They could be another setting or the data for them isn’t being sent on the bus. I tried some changes but wasn’t able to get them to appear.

You will just notice the power bar stopping less than 100% while floored if a power limit is in effect.

adamtstipp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Traverse, 2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium
Country flag
So I performed this change today along with the temperature display instead of direction on the display.

Everything worked fine. But about an hour after performing the update I was driving and I got a front camera fault message and pre-collision assist not available message.

Could I have messed something up? Or just coincidence?

I also did the tailgate kick sensor module change about a month ago. Those 3 are the only changes I have made in Forscan.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
So I performed this change today along with the temperature display instead of direction on the display.

Everything worked fine. But about an hour after performing the update I was driving and I got a front camera fault message and pre-collision assist not available message.

Could I have messed something up? Or just coincidence?

I also did the tailgate kick sensor module change about a month ago. Those 3 are the only changes I have made in Forscan.
Hi there! This doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having with your Mach-E. Please go ahead and send a private message to us with your VIN and dealership information. I’d be happy to look into this for you. Thank you

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hi there! This doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having with your Mach-E. Please go ahead and send a private message to us with your VIN and dealership information. I’d be happy to look into this for you. Thank you
Do you understand what this thread is about? I'm not sure you want to be offering your support here

Carlos J. Marrero

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
These numbers need to read 0200 (per the author)

1655694726483.png
Help. I try to do everything step by step and when I put #2 and hit Write after the bar finishes loading the last letter is an “A” and it changes to “C”. Also the Power Meter does not come out. I have Job 2. I attach the photos.

54847B30-8AE6-4899-B13B-EBCAD2E85F6B.jpeg

3AC4D04F-A187-4804-80AF-8CC114F8725C.jpeg

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Help. I try to do everything step by step and when I put #2 and hit Write after the bar finishes loading the last letter is an “A” and it changes to “C”. Also the Power Meter does not come out. I have Job 2. I attach the photos.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How To: Enable Power Meter on Non-GT Mach E 3AC4D04F-A187-4804-80AF-8CC114F8725C

Ford Mustang Mach-E How To: Enable Power Meter on Non-GT Mach E 3AC4D04F-A187-4804-80AF-8CC114F8725C
Normal, the last two digits are the checksum and FORScan automatically recalculates it when you make a change.

If the 2 didn't enable it, you probably don't have new enough IPC software for it to work.

Carlos J. Marrero

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Normal, the last two digits are the checksum and FORScan automatically recalculates it when you make a change.

If the 2 didn't enable it, you probably don't have new enough IPC software for it to work.
Thank you very much for your help. Can I update that module only with Forscan and OBDLink MX+? I have already read that I must connect a 12 volt charger. Is there a link with instructions on how to update it? Thanks again!!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Thank you very much for your help. Can I update that module only with Forscan and OBDLink MX+? I have already read that I must connect a 12 volt charger. Is there a link with instructions on how to update it? Thanks again!!
No, you should use FDRS and a proper J2534 programming device.

Post VIN here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...are-willing-to-look-up-info-for-others.10230/

If you don't have an IPC update showing up there's no point in continuing.

Guide: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ach-e-with-fdrs-alternative-to-forscan.10217/
Sponsored