TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I still don't see any hotels in plug share near Chicago Downtown.
Here's downtown Chicago. If you are using the website, open the "Amenities" section to turn on Lodging filter. If you're in the app there's a funnel icon (usually lower right corner of the map) and your an scroll the filters to tick on the Lodging filter.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to find hotel with charging station during long trip Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 1.02.54 PM
Sponsored

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Caution - we have found that in small towns especially, hotel chargers are inherently unreliable. When there is 1 or 2, it is common for 1 or both to be broken or inoperable. Always have a fast charge backup option within range if possible.
Yeah ... that's why I suggest calling.

Here in Dearborn, there's a downtown Hampton Inn that doesn't have EV charging. But across the street there is a city public parking deck and it has 1 station on the ground floor. Two blocks away there is another city deck and it has 6 chargers on the ground floor. So while the hotel itself doesn't have any charging ... the nearest charger is extremely close (and you get to park in a protected structure instead of the hotels open paring lot).

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
For a multi-night trip like our trips to FL and back, we ran the Ford Navigation software and figured out how far along the route we wanted to stop for the night. We then used PlugShare to find hotels with chargers in that area. In one case we went to downtown Raleigh for a hotel that was close to a city parking garage with free charging over night. In another we found a hotel across the street from a Starbucks that had two free chargers. In the other two, we found hotels with chargers on site. One was great and had two Tesla and two J-1772 chargers! All looked separately wired so they should be able to accommodate 4 cars charging at full speed.
Mind sharing the hotels, i might be making a similar drive MD to FL this fall if my GT is here

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Mind sharing the hotels, i might be making a similar drive MD to FL this fall if my GT is here
Sheraton Raleigh. NC -- used City Center P1 charger where parking is free 7pm-7am and charging is free
Best Western Ocala, FL - 1 J-1772 (requires activation card from desk, free)
Hampton Inn Smithfield Selma, NC - 2 Teslas, 2 J-1772 (open, free)
Travelodge by Wyndham Walterboro, SC - Starbucks across the street has 2 J-1772s (open, free)
Didn't stay there but Tru Hotel outside Florence, SC has 2 Tesla chargers (open, free)

All found using PlugShare.
Sponsored