Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
With family sitting in car, I leave the car with PAAK close the door. Within a minute, the horn (alarm??) starts beeping and stops after 1 minute. How to prevent this from happening. I shutoff sensors but beeping persists.
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
With family sitting in car, I leave the car with PAAK close the door. Within a minute, the horn (alarm??) starts beeping and stops after 1 minute. How to prevent this from happening. I shutoff sensors but beeping persists.
Disable walk away locking. Or after walking away and the car locks, then use the FordPass app to unlock the car.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why not leave the car on?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
When you turn the car off, do you get a message pop up on the center screen saying “disable motion sensor? Yes/no” or something along those lines? If you hit yes the interior motion sensor will disable and the alarm will not sound due to movement inside the cabin.

Engijms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD X on order
Country flag
The turn off motion sensors only seems to work half the time. My poor dog who loves to go for a drive has an anxiety attack everytime I stop and go in a store. I love the car but the operating system glitches are annoying. Settings don't save.. tried turning off motion sensor thru screen but its back on next drive. I can't always toggle correctly between Andriod auto and sirius as another example. Am hopeful for an update at some point. Maybe I'm missing something.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
When you turn the car off, do you get a message pop up on the center screen saying “disable motion sensor? Yes/no” or something along those lines? If you hit yes the interior motion sensor will disable and the alarm will not sound due to movement inside the cabin.
That doesn't do didly, and certainly not squat. I click yes, and the alarm still blares.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
That doesn't do didly, and certainly not squat. I click yes, and the alarm still blares.
That setting has always worked for me, but I don't have many occasions to test it tbh. I think there's a setting to just turn the alarm off completely. Certainly not ideal if you want an alarm, but would help for rambunctious dogs.

My car is in the detail shop so I can't go look to see i f I misread or misremembered.

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Disabled in the settings. Got two profiles, and always toggle between the two when I go for a drive. That restores my settings.

But yeah, answering yes to disable the motion sensors when leaving the car doesn't work.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
That setting has always worked for me, but I don't have many occasions to test it tbh. I think there's a setting to just turn the alarm off completely. Certainly not ideal if you want an alarm, but would help for rambunctious dogs.

My car is in the detail shop so I can't go look to see i f I misread or misremembered.
Does the alarm go off if you press no? I've tried the setting that turns off the alarm completely, and it resets to alarm on the next time I'm in the car. Funny thing is that it only goes off when it's in my garage. So it's not as bad as those alarms from the '80 that would go off if someone just walked by.

gurugary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E Premier AWD Ext range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The turn off motion sensors only seems to work half the time. My poor dog who loves to go for a drive has an anxiety attack everytime I stop and go in a store. I love the car but the operating system glitches are annoying. Settings don't save.. tried turning off motion sensor thru screen but its back on next drive. I can't always toggle correctly between Andriod auto and sirius as another example. Am hopeful for an update at some point. Maybe I'm missing something.
I had the same problem, finally put a couple strips of scotch over the stupid sensors. Dog is happier now.l

Engijms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD X on order
Country flag
I had the same problem, finally put a couple strips of scotch over the stupid sensors. Dog is happier now.l
Where are these sensors? I may do the same.
Sponsored