How to get BlueCruise to turn on?

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I should add that I strangely got a FordPass message that indicated Plug and Charge was now active the day that 2.8.2 was installed via OTA. This despite that having previously been active since 2/18/21 when the car was delivered.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to get BlueCruise to turn on? C7E18D60-DDB6-4027-8AD8-F96263C964D8

Something seems to have poked my profile in the Ford cloud incorrectly.
Sponsored

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So do I. Same date in sync. Agent confirmed I have all the right software. BC isn’t offered in Connected Services for me (used to be). I have an FE with prep package. Seems to be a server side issue in my case. Waiting for a callback.

I don’t expect SR51, 101 or 202 to work. I have tried on I-10 and 17 with no luck however.
I have tried 303 and I-10, but since my basic lane centering does not work, I have not expected it to come on. I fully expect 101, 202 and 303 to be mapped, but there is no detailed map out yet.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I should add that I strangely got a FordPass message that indicated Plug and Charge was now active the day that 2.8.2 was installed via OTA. This despite that having previously been active since 2/18/21 when the car was delivered.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to get BlueCruise to turn on? C7E18D60-DDB6-4027-8AD8-F96263C964D8

After some recent updates, my Plug and Charge turned off, and I had to turn it back on manually. I think it was after I got the 21G01 update at the dealer. My BC activated in connected services last Friday, but still does not work.

Bello1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium AWD ER (ordered)
Country flag
I just drove along Atlanta Interstate 85 and 285 (both are on Ford’s BlueCruise map), but I could not get BlueCruise to turn on. I have:

• A 2022 MME Premium
  • Ford BlueCruise Trial Expiration Date 05/20/25
  • The MME connected to my home Wi-Fi network
  • Setup Automatic Updates for everyday at 3am
  • Adaptive Cruise Control on
  • Lane Centering with Hands Free on
  • Speed Sign Recognition on

When driving I:
  • Had my hands on the wheel
  • Had my eyes on the road
  • Was not wearing sunglasses
  • Activated Adaptive Cruise Control on Interstate 85 and 285
  • Turned off and on Lane Centering using its steering wheel button
  • The Interstates had visible lane lines

In the FordPass app, under “Vehicle” > “Features & Settings” > “Software Updates” > “Recent Changes” > “May 24, 2022” says:

“What’s in this update? The Ford BlueCruise map in your vehicle has been updated so you can continue taking advantage of hands-free highway driving on more than 130,000 miles of prequalified sections of divided highways.”

I started near Gwinnett Place Mall, took Interstate 85 West, and took Interstate 285 West to Georgia State Route 400. BlueCruise would not turn on during any of these highways.

How can I get BlueCruise to turn on?
BC has worked for me on both 285 and 85. I keep lane centering on all the time and will get a message saying that BC is available if I don't have adaptive CC on. It even works in the 400 construction area which is scary.

The dealer was required by Ford to updated the BC map before they released the car.

It is a Premium 3 Jan build week not delivered until 4 May.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So do I. Same date in sync. Agent confirmed I have all the right software. BC isn’t offered in Connected Services for me (used to be). I have an FE with prep package. Seems to be a server side issue in my case. Waiting for a callback.

I don’t expect SR51, 101 or 202 to work. I have tried on I-10 and 17 with no luck however.
You are here in the valley now? Sounds like the three of us are all in the same boat.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You are here in the valley now? Sounds like the three of us are all in the same boat.
Yes, I am. My journey to BC was delayed because my cars were put on a transport just as they started pushing updates to me. Happy to see so many MME’s.

See you on the road. I’ll be one of the other RR FE’s. You’ll know it’s me by the WA plates đŸ€­.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yes, I am. My journey to BC was delayed because my cars were put on a transport just as they started pushing updates to me. Happy to see so many MME’s.

See you on the road. I’ll be one of the other RR FE’s. You’ll know it’s me by the WA plates đŸ€­.
Make sure you change titles and registration before years end. Next year, EV registration fees triple compared to this year.

I have a carbonized Grey FE. Am all over the valley. Sooner or later we will come across each other. I am the one that is only speeding 3-5 mph over the posted limit so try not to rear end me. :)

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Make sure you change titles and registration before years end. Next year, EV registration fees triple compared to this year.

I have a carbonized Grey FE. Am all over the valley. Sooner or later we will come across each other. I am the one that is only speeding 3-5 mph over the posted limit so try not to rear end me. :)
And register for 5 years, it cost me $72

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Oh yes, I am aware of that. But thanks for the pointer. I inquired at ADOT and supposedly since my car is a MY21, I get last year’s rates on the title transfer. SWEET!!!!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Oh yes, I am aware of that. But thanks for the pointer. I inquired at ADOT and supposedly since my car is a MY21, I get last year’s rates on the title transfer. SWEET!!!!
Lucky dog! :)

JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag
421 doesn’t resolve this (I have this). There’s a group of us that aren’t being offered the subscription activation.
Contact Ford via Chat. I did this last week, and the agent transferred me to a "Ford Guide". That person took my information (again), 24 hours later I got a notification that my BC was activated and both FordPass and owner.ford.com went from Activation Pending to trial expires 5/5/23 (one year from when I got 21G01 installed by dealer).

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to get BlueCruise to turn on? 1654259888619

Well I guess I’m not going to get BC. My case notes indicate I have to go to a dealer to complete BC programming. This despite every other notification and indication reporting BC modules and maps are installed on my car.

@FOMOCO this really stinks. So close, yet so far.