MachTri

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang mach-e AWD
Country flag
I brought my Mach-e in for the windshield recall on Monday. While I'm enjoying the Ford Escape loaner I'm looking forward to getting my car back but I'd like to make sure they install all the Firmware module updates while they have it. Is there a way I can tell? Does someone have a copy FDRS that could run my VIN and LMK? The dealer is an hour's drive from my house so I'd rather not drive up there only to discover that they missed some.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Looks like they did update all the modules included in 21P22. You can ignore the ABS update in the list because there's a bug that prevents it from coming off the list. The GWM update is not included in 21P22, but it looks like they did try to update it yesterday. It's possible that they didn't leave the USB drive connected long enough after restarting the car since it's still showing up in the list.

1645712286413.png

OP
OP
MachTri

MachTri

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang mach-e AWD
Country flag
Looks like they did update all the modules included in 21P22. You can ignore the ABS update in the list because there's a bug that prevents it from coming off the list. The GWM update is not included in 21P22, but it looks like they did try to update it yesterday. It's possible that they didn't leave the USB drive connected long enough after restarting the car since it's still showing up in the list.

1645712286413.png
Thanks! Did a quick search to see about the GWM Module. Yea looks like the info from Ford says they have to leave the USB in etc. I'll ask them to try again before I make the drive to pick it up.
Based on the diagram in this post: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ota-updates-technical-info.4923/ It looks like the GWM connects all the communication ports getting that update might help keep future OTAs from failing? Just an educated guess.

OP
OP
MachTri

MachTri

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang mach-e AWD
Country flag
I was scheduled to go pick up my MME from the dealer (long drive from work and home) on Friday. I asked @generaltso to do a quick check to see if they got the GWM Installed. According to FDRS it still is marked as "Available" and they hadn't touched the car since Thursday last week.

I called the dealer and we played phone-tag on Friday my last message to him was (I'm paraphrasing) "Install GWM, please". His last voice mail to me was, "We have installed all the modules that Ford recommends".

Any ideas on how I get this guy to check FDRS and re-apply the GWM update?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You're asking them to apply an update, the GWM, that is not included in 21P22. Did you tell them you would pay them to do so? Otherwise, this is on their dime.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I was scheduled to go pick up my MME from the dealer (long drive from work and home) on Friday. I asked @generaltso to do a quick check to see if they got the GWM Installed. According to FDRS it still is marked as "Available" and they hadn't touched the car since Thursday last week.

I called the dealer and we played phone-tag on Friday my last message to him was (I'm paraphrasing) "Install GWM, please". His last voice mail to me was, "We have installed all the modules that Ford recommends".

Any ideas on how I get this guy to check FDRS and re-apply the GWM update?
You're asking them to apply an update, the GWM, that is not included in 21P22. Did you tell them you would pay them to do so? Otherwise, this is on their dime.
Unfortunately, @RickMachE is right. The GWM is not included in 21P22, so the dealer doesn't have to update it for free. That being said, they did try to update it when they were updating everything else. Not sure why it failed, but honestly, you're not going to notice anything different with the GWM update, so I wouldn't worry about. I'm sure it will come via OTA in the flurry of updates that will be coming in preparation for BlueCruise.

OP
OP
MachTri

MachTri

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang mach-e AWD
Country flag
Unfortunately, @RickMachE is right. The GWM is not included in 21P22, so the dealer doesn't have to update it for free. That being said, they did try to update it when they were updating everything else. Not sure why it failed, but honestly, you're not going to notice anything different with the GWM update, so I wouldn't worry about. I'm sure it will come via OTA in the flurry of updates that will be coming in preparation for BlueCruise.
Yea I just looked at the 21P22 list again and GWM isn't on there. I'm just worried because it's a central (Gateway) component and you'd think it would have a lot to do with getting OTAs to run smoothly. I'll ask again nicely. Would have been nice if Ford had been more prepared and had the OTA stuff worked out as before the release so we wouldn't have to rely on the dealers for this stuff.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yea I just looked at the 21P22 list again and GWM isn't on there. I'm just worried because it's a central (Gateway) component and you'd think it would have a lot to do with getting OTAs to run smoothly. I'll ask again nicely. Would have been nice if Ford had been more prepared and had the OTA stuff worked out as before the release so we wouldn't have to rely on the dealers for this stuff.
You may want to read about 2.1.0. This is an OTA update which updates the GWM...

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Is it odd that we have to get our cars serviced on the forum?
OP would not've known about the attempted GWM update, nor even what a GWM stands for or what it does, if forum hadn't informed him. With or without this knowledge, it turns out his dealer serviced his car -- correctly.
Sponsored