How to get the dealer to give me a real estimate when I may get the MME.

E=IR

First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD Radiant Red
Occupation
Seeker of Fun
Country flag
If you are on week 22 then you are about halfway through your production and delivery adventures. Ford (corporate) doesn’t care how long it takes for you to get your car. Calling Ford Chat is a waste of time. The customer service people are powerless. Don’t be mean to them. They are stuck answering for the inexcusable service failures that their employer has dumped on them. Here are my stats: Order date 10/4/21. Order accepted 10/6/21. Scheduled for production 3/17/22. Build week 4/11/22. Production complete 5/7/22 & Shipped with delivery 5/28-6/3. Delivery revised on 5/13 to 6/2O-6/27. Delivery revised on 5/17 to 7/25-7/31. Delivery revised on 5/19 to 8/22-8/29.

Wait times of a year will soon be the norm. Horrible customer service from ford corporate already is. I still plan to take delivery of my car. I doubt I will own it for long.
Sponsored

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
If you are on week 22 then you are about halfway through your production and delivery adventures [THIS MAY ACTUALLY BE UNDERESTIMATING THE CURRENT WAIT TIME]. Ford (corporate) doesn’t care how long it takes for you to get your car [FORD WANTS TO GET CARS IN OUR HANDS ASAP, THEY DON'T MAKE MONEY DELAYING PRODUCTION AND DELIVERIES. UNPRECEDENTED MATERIALS AND LABOR SUPPLY CHAIN CONSTRAINTS ARE HAVING PRONOUNCED EFFECTS] Calling Ford Chat is a waste of time [CORRECT, INSOFAR AS THEY DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO PROVIDE SCHEDULES FOR UNSCHEDULED VEHICLES]. The customer service people are powerless. Don’t be mean to them [GREAT POINT, THEY'RE DEALING WITH WHAT LIMITED INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PLEASANT AND ATTEMPTED TO ASSIST IN ANY WAY THEY'RE ABLE WHEN I'VE CONTACTED THEM] They are stuck answering for the inexcusable service failures that their employer has dumped on them. Here are my stats: Order date 10/4/21. Order accepted 10/6/21. Scheduled for production 3/17/22. Build week 4/11/22. Production complete 5/7/22 & Shipped with delivery 5/28-6/3. Delivery revised on 5/13 to 6/2O-6/27. Delivery revised on 5/17 to 7/25-7/31. Delivery revised on 5/19 to 8/22-8/29.

Wait times of a year will soon be the norm.[CURRENT INDUSTRY PROJECTIONS ARE FOR SUPPLY CHAIN ISSUES TO RESOLVE AROUND THE END OF 2022, WITH WAIT TIMES RETURNING TO NORMAL AFTER] Horrible customer service from ford corporate already is [UNDERSTANDING HOW SEVERELY THE RECENT UNPRECEDENTED EVENTS HAVE AFFECTED EVERY INDUSTRY, I APPLAUD THE SERVICE ALL THE CSR'S I'VE INTERFACED WITH HAVE PROVIDED]. I still plan to take delivery of my car. I doubt I will own it for long.
I understand the frustration of a long wait and rescheduled delivery, but much of what you're saying is factually incorrect.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Hello,
I need some advice on how to get results from the dealer I ordered my
MME from. Surely not as long as others have waited, but I’m on week 22 and no build date.
The Dealer gets no more info than you typically.... maybe a call when the truck is a day away to confirm delivery.

You could ask your Dealer what the week count from date ordered was for the most recent delivery they have gotten.... but that may not reflect what has happened in the the past few months.

I hate to say it, but you are not going to get any answers, and are just going to stress yourself (and the Dealer). I'd say set your expectations for 35 weeks after order, and be pleasantly surprised if it is quicker.

zgruven

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you are on week 22 then you are about halfway through your production and delivery adventures. Ford (corporate) doesn’t care how long it takes for you to get your car. Calling Ford Chat is a waste of time. The customer service people are powerless. Don’t be mean to them. They are stuck answering for the inexcusable service failures that their employer has dumped on them. Here are my stats: Order date 10/4/21. Order accepted 10/6/21. Scheduled for production 3/17/22. Build week 4/11/22. Production complete 5/7/22 & Shipped with delivery 5/28-6/3. Delivery revised on 5/13 to 6/2O-6/27. Delivery revised on 5/17 to 7/25-7/31. Delivery revised on 5/19 to 8/22-8/29.

Wait times of a year will soon be the norm. Horrible customer service from ford corporate already is. I still plan to take delivery of my car. I doubt I will own it for long.
I have been waiting since 7/17/21 for my MME it was built on 3/16/22 and has been in delivery mode since 3/28/22. Had 3 delivery dates and all have passed. Was stuck in Laredo for 3 weeks and now my dealer has no idea where it is at. Get the same excuse delivery issues!! How does a billion dollar company not know where their. Are at at in the delivery chain and now can’t afford to pay to get them to the final destination!! Tesla doesn’t seem to have these issues already had three friends get the it Teslas with zero issues. Not very happy with ford or the dealership.

MotownMachdoc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
Hello,
I need some advice on how to get results from the dealer I ordered my
MME from. Surely not as long as others have waited, but I’m on week 22 and no build date.

I have a priority of 10 assigned by the dealer and I have a “clean” status.

First off the dealer is very nice and professional. I want to point that out. The dealer is the ford store Morgan hill.

The break down seems to be between ford corporate and the dealership. When I phone in every couple weeks to check status it goes nowhere. They tell me they don’t know anymore than the reservation website shows.

What questions or statements do I need to raise with the dealer to get them to actually engadge with ford corporate and find a reasonable answer as to when I MAY get a build date.

thanks !
You need the order number and VIN number. Ford has a website to check your order status. You can do that on the web. Build date is variable on parts, assembly modifications and production line changes. Production may take a few days depending on part availability, delivery from factory about 4 weeks. Once it hits the dealer it should be a couple days to prep and sell.

Hgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue MME XR RWD
Occupation
Professional Mom
Country flag
I stopped by my dealer and spoke the the new car director. He is taking receipt of his own MME in the next couple of week. It has taken him 10 months. He says he cannot even predict when new cars come in. They show up when the show up. I mentioned I might want to order a second MME before my bumper to bumper expires on my 2021. He told me to place an order and plan up to 12 months. If it comes in and the timing is not good, he would happily refund my deposit and can sell the car.

tarot cards, magic Genie might be helpful! I know is frustrating. Hang in there!

KyloRen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME22 Cal Rt1 eAWD
Country flag
Im glad I didn’t give up. I went to TFS and met with Tim. He was very pleasant and provided me the information I needed. The experience was great.
And what was the information given by the dealer?

KyloRen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME22 Cal Rt1 eAWD
Country flag
For $60k+ order, FORD should better have better systems to estimate the delivery date. When I ordered Cal Rt 1, it was because it showed 20weeks, and Premium was showing 28weeks.(as one of the parameters). I did assume that Ford might have improved as this is the first time I am ordering a car online!
I hope that these car companies update their systems and harness their data better in order to estimate the outcome better than what they are doing today. Pathetic!

And now you’ve kinda figured out why they’re so reluctant to give you an estimate.

They don’t know. No one knows. They previously gave you an estimate, and now that date has come and gone, and now you’re “disappointed.”

They could guess again for you, but unless it shows up “early,” you’ll just be disappointed again.

My car took almost exactly 6 months from order to delivery (April 2021 to October 2021). I’ve seen as fast as 3 months (December 2021 to Feb 2021)and as slow as 11 months.

My guess is 3-11 months. But basically, until you get a build date, the dates vary widely.

Then even after it’s built, it could be on chip hold, recall hold, it could get damaged in transport etc.

This is the problem with ordering cars and not having inventory on the lots. “It gets there when it gets there.”

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
For $60k+ order, FORD should better have better systems to estimate the delivery date. When I ordered Cal Rt 1, it was because it showed 20weeks, and Premium was showing 28weeks.(as one of the parameters). I did assume that Ford might have improved as this is the first time I am ordering a car online!
I hope that these car companies update their systems and harness their data better in order to estimate the outcome better than what they are doing today. Pathetic!
Systems aren’t the problem. It’s a global supply chain disruption from a pandemic.

Wouldn’t matter if it’s a $500,000 car. Still can’t predict the future.

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
Systems aren’t the problem. It’s a global supply chain disruption from a pandemic.

Wouldn’t matter if it’s a $500,000 car. Still can’t predict the future.
I agree. I also want someone to give me the winning lotto numbers, but I don’t have that much faith in fortune tellers.

I sell $500,000 cars that are about 45’ long and have a house attached to the back. We have no clue.

I have 2 cars ordered. Both got ordered within a week of each other (I wasn’t sure the first one was ordered hence the second order). Both got scheduled for production that same day and got production weeks that were one week apart. One is expected to arrive within the next month, the other is stuck in production and hasn’t been updated for almost 3 weeks.

You could also be the guy who had his car damaged on its way to the dealership. This also happens with $500,000 “cars”.

It sucks but whatever anyone tells you doesn’t really matter until you’re sitting in the car.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It will shine when it shines.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
The answer to the original question depends on a lot of factors and my sense is that the precision of the estimate will also depend on what phase you are in. Once you are being built you can get a lot of information from looking over the many build week chats. Much information is repeated week to week but I learned a lot from looking at the ones a few weeks ahead of mine. And once shipped there some excellent posts that you can find that will help you track the train carrying the car (here is where Ford Chat can be helpful in getting a railcar # once available). You also may find that Ford will change their estimated delivery time on you depending on some things that may or may not be beyond their control.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
if FORD corporate is truly trying to mimic the Tesla dealer experience they have a long way to go.
I don't know, vague disinterest from team members and the lingering sense you're getting screwed because the way they just explained that bit was confusing but reasonable given a certain common understanding is always present!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
if FORD corporate is truly trying to mimic the Tesla dealer experience they have a long way to go.
Lol the “Tesla experience?”

I don’t think we would be happy with Tesla/Elon giving us estimated timelines.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a...l-the-promises-elon-musk-and-tesla-have-made/

Still waiting on 2018 self driving, the 2019 Tesla Semi, 2020 Tesla roadster, 2021 Tesla cybertruck…….

There are countless other instances of Tesla's unfulfilled commitments, tracked by sites like Elon's Broken Promises and Elon Musk Today. A short list:

The list goes on.

https://analyticsindiamag.com/the-many-failed-predictions-promises-by-elon-musk/
Sponsored