How to get the dealer to give me a real estimate when I may get the MME.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
I think everyone has said it. Besides production, chip hold ,and ship hold. My car arrived in 9 months. The issue not resolved is the logistics tracking. Ford is terrible at that. Once a car is built they still really didn’t know where it is at all times and they should.

Is that the missing chip? The o e that tells ford logistics where the car is.
We all know how frustrating that can be.

I do know that since I was looking seriously at EV last Feb/March 2021. The Y has gone up 20,000. When I first looked the Y , the prices were similar since I got the federal rebate fromgov on mme. (Y was about 48k)

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
If you go back to my original post, I’m not asking for an exact time. That’s unreasonable. What I am asking for is how to navigate the dealer and ford corporate to get a ballpark rather than a generic “ we don’t know “.
Even after my car was built and shipped my dealership couldn't give me a decent estimate of when it'd arrive. Once they had tracking info, they tried to tell me when it'd come but even then it somehow made a 4000 mile detour through Oregon that put it 2 weeks late.

Unless you want to buy something off a lot somewhere - good luck. No amount of pestering, no right questions, no demands will get the dealer or Ford to give you a date they don't know. Ordering a MME is an exercise in patience and luck and everyone on here is either going through that same experience or has already done it. I'll happily admit that Ford's communication and status during the order process is lacking and could be greatly improved, but there isn't some magic that's going to get you a different experience. Telling all of us we're wrong and reality should meet your expectations is crazy.

If you want the Tesla experience, order a Tesla - but I'll warn you that the 4 people I know with Tesla orders in the last year were all delayed at least 4 months past their initially promised delivery dates. So yay - go get an exact promised delivery date they won't hit if it makes you feel better having a firm date.

Steev

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger, Mach E CR1 soon
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
And. . . Be prepared that having a build date is still not a good estimate. I had a build date of 5/2. The car was built on 5/23, and I have a delivery estimate of 7/23 in Walnut Creek - it takes forever for cars to get to the Bay Area.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
And. . . Be prepared that having a build date is still not a good estimate. I had a build date of 5/2. The car was built on 5/23, and I have a delivery estimate of 7/23 in Walnut Creek - it takes forever for cars to get to the Bay Area.
My car's build date was the week of 12/6/21. It went into production 12/11/21 - then went on chip hold - sat in the parking lot outside the plant until mid-February when they finished and shipped it 2/16. Arrived 4/6.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The reality is two-fold. First, global supply chain issues have made the ability to forecast/predict/know anything different. Companies rely on consistency to predict. Without it, it's turmoil.

Second, Ford is a company with a huge gap in their customer-facing system capabilities. Right now they're struggling to get OTA updates to work. Not a lot of focus on reporting systems. But, even if there was, Ford has many systems that seem to not communicate. Multiple dates for the same thing. During a nearly-year-long wait, I would get one set of information from one source, and a totally different set from another. That will take a long time to fix.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The reality is two-fold. First, global supply chain issues have made the ability to forecast/predict/know anything different. Companies rely on consistency to predict. Without it, it's turmoil.

Second, Ford is a company with a huge gap in their customer-facing system capabilities. Right now they're struggling to get OTA updates to work. Not a lot of focus on reporting systems. But, even if there was, Ford has many systems that seem to not communicate. Multiple dates for the same thing. During a nearly-year-long wait, I would get one set of information from one source, and a totally different set from another. That will take a long time to fix.
I’m pretty sure the “huge gap” is intentional.

They don’t want customers (or dealers for that matter who could tell customers) seeing every time something is changed, delayed, or goes wrong.

Ford doesn’t even have control over most of the stuff that delays things anyways (supply chain and shipping delays).

Complete transparency would just create more unnecessary frustration.

Deleted member 9461

an inflatable sheep or donkey, shake them, find out where they live and show up at dinner time and ask....

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Ford tells you they don't know because they really don't know. It's actually an honest answer. Ford Chat could say the car is in MO, but really, it's close to your dealership in reality (my case).

Best thing I can suggest is look for milestones/checkpoints in your order and just assume it could take 8-10 months.

Things like Scheduled, Built, Shipped (this one was key for me and make sure it's the email). After it's shipped, I think Palsapp is busted now, but when it wasn't, track when it hits the USA main site (usually, KS/MO, Ramp 6R, Richards-gebaur, MO, etc...).

From there, look at your dealer daily (or now) and once they get a new delivery (not yours), compare that with what you see in Palsapp. For me, it was like a month so cars took about 3-5 weeks after it was "Delivered" in Palsapp.

There can still be delays after since there was a logjam at Barstow I heard from the trains due to too many to unload, lack of engineers, workers, you name it.

A nice member here (thank you!) has been able to help a rail car and that's the most accurate thing actually. After it gets dropped off to the final train station, it'll be a few days/a week till the dealer.

Just relooking at OPs 1st message, Ford Morgan Hill seems to be a good dealer so maybe there are tons of other orders before yours if it's not scheduled yet and if it is, I assume it's "In Production"?

Maybe Ford is waiting for more supplies/parts as well to finish it.

entenna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (replaced Mercedes C43 AMG)
Country flag
My car took 5 weeks from Mexico to Bay Area, exactly what the dealer estimated.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
My car took 5 weeks from Mexico to Bay Area, exactly what the dealer estimated.
Further proof that YMMV and delivery estimates aren't worth the smear of Dorito grease you left on your keyboard to get it.

/nothing against Doritos
//not saying you eat Doritos
///not saying you don't eat Doritos, either
////look, if you want Doritos, fine, but get a big bag. Where one goes cool ranch, we all go cool ranch

pacman7474

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I purchased an Explorer from TFSMH in January (great experience) and have a MME I ordered through them in December scheduled to arrive in mid-July.

While the purchase experience, of the Explorer, was the best car buying experience I’ve ever had, I will admit that their email/phone communications are lacking.

If you’re not far, maybe swing by in person and see if Tim can help?
Sounds like we'll be there around the same time picking up our MMEs.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have been waiting since 7/17/21 for my MME it was built on 3/16/22 and has been in delivery mode since 3/28/22. Had 3 delivery dates and all have passed. Was stuck in Laredo for 3 weeks and now my dealer has no idea where it is at. Get the same excuse delivery issues!! How does a billion dollar company not know where their. Are at at in the delivery chain and now can’t afford to pay to get them to the final destination!! Tesla doesn’t seem to have these issues already had three friends get the it Teslas with zero issues. Not very happy with ford or the dealership.
What's the evidence or circumstances for "stuck in Laredo for 3 weeks"? I think that's a busy border crossing point for Kansas City Southern RR and the CBP inspection station, rather than a transfer yard? I'm just guessing but it would more likely be flawed or misinterpreted delivery data. Stuck in KC waiting for west coast train assembly is more the "norm". Another possibility is that your MME is nearer to you every day, you just haven't found the BNSF rail car it's on.
May the Ford be with you.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How to get the dealer to give me a real estimate when I may get the MME. 1654802077452

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
What's the evidence or circumstances for "stuck in Laredo for 3 weeks"? I think that's a busy border crossing point for Kansas City Southern RR and the CBP inspection station, rather than a transfer yard? I'm just guessing but it would more likely be flawed or misinterpreted delivery data. Stuck in KC waiting for west coast train assembly is more the "norm". Another possibility is that your MME is nearer to you every day, you just haven't found the BNSF rail car it's on.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How to get the dealer to give me a real estimate when I may get the MME. 1654802077452
A couple railcars did actually get stuck between Laredo and KC for a while, mine was one of them. Generally though you are correct, the tracking data is misinterpreted as there is no Ford VVR checkpoint between Laredo and KC. In my case, the railcar was at IFG but not scanned in/unloaded, so all Ford saw was the last update that it was in Laredo. This is true for all stops in the chain - for instance, my car was reported at Argentine ramp for over a week, but in reality it had arrived at my local unloading yard and only updated its location once it was unloaded from the train.

zgruven

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The dealership has lost 15 MME that they can’t find. They don’t know why it was stuck for 3 weeks. They called today and they have not been able to find these “15” missing cars. It is very frustrating that I should have had my car 2 months ago. It is very frustrating and we are disappointed with this process.