How to keep car from freaking out when washing?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3649
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 3649

I just did my first MME car wash in a self-spray bay, and it was a slight fail. I couldn't figure out how to keep the car from flashing and folding windows and generally acting up as I washed it. Keeping the key in the car didn’t work. What's the secret? Couldn't find the answer anywhere.
Sponsored

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I just did my first MME car wash in a self-spray bay, and it was a slight fail. I couldn't figure out how to keep the car from flashing and folding windows and generally acting up as I washed it. Keeping the key in the car didn’t work. What's the secret? Couldn't find the answer anywhere.
Keep the power on.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Power off with the motion sensors off worked for me.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My mirrors fold in but I had no idea the Mach E came with folding windows. How do they do that without a visible hinge? ;)

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Dragging the water hose by the back of the car can also cause the hatch to open while you are washing it, very annoying. I also noticed that spraying water on the door open buttons can cause the door to open. I went through a touchless car wash a few days ago, the doors and hatch stayed shut, so it would appear that leaving the car "running" might be the answer. The car did not get all that clean though :rolleyes:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Put your key in a faraday bad/case. Or leave your cell phone else where. Contrary to popular opinion, your phone doesn’t need to be everywhere you are.