How to let Ford know about the bugs?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Not the major issues, and Not the FordPass feedback, but the Sync 4 bugs, etc. How can we let Ford know directly and not just some random dealer person who is unlikely to transmit the information correctly if at all. Maybe they read the forum, but whom knows if it is the right people that can actually do anything about it. Any other ideas?
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm wondering the same thing. While I know they do some monitoring of these forums, they're surely not reading everything. I fear many of the problems we're talking about here will get missed.

There's 3 ongoing ones I've run into so far...

1. Doors won't unlock from standard proximity detection after using the liftgate. Either have to pull the fob out and manually hit the unlock button, or walk outside proximity range and re-enter.

2. Android Auto via bluetooth only works about half the time. Often get the "Cannot Connect" pop-up message when starting the car.

3. Sound Balance and Tone settings get lost nearly every time and reset back to default.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I'm wondering the same thing. While I know they do some monitoring of these forums, they're surely not reading everything. I fear many of the problems we're talking about here will get missed.

There's 3 ongoing ones I've run into so far...

1. Doors won't unlock from standard proximity detection after using the liftgate. Either have to pull the fob out and manually hit the unlock button, or walk outside proximity range and re-enter.

2. Android Auto via bluetooth only works about half the time. Often get the "Cannot Connect" pop-up message when starting the car.

3. Sound Balance and Tone settings get lost nearly every time and reset back to default.
I'm testing out a possible solution to #3 today that a member mentioned in the B&O thread. Has to do with setting the driver AND SXM profiles. I just did it, but will see what happens when I go out later.

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm testing out a possible solution to #3 today that a member mentioned in the B&O thread. Has to do with setting the driver AND SXM profiles. I just did it, but will see what happens when I go out later.
I have definitely found to save the sound settings, that if your profile is linked to one of the memory buttons after changing the sound settings, press the memory button associated with your profile until you hear a beep and that does the trick.

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Apparently Ford has no way to report system bugs. Not suprising. They are used to dealing with the old school go complain to dealer service model. So it looks like the only way to get any bugs reported are to make a service apointment, list your gripes to the service advisor, sit in their covid infested waiting room for half a day, and hope they can find and report your bugs. Just what I am trying to avoid. by the way, tesla's system isn't much better, so I think we are just at the mercy of the Ford engineers figuring these bugs out on their own. Disappointing.

Last edited:

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I have definitely found to save the sound settings, that if your profile is linked to one of the memory buttons after changing the sound settings, press the memory button associated with your profile until you hear a beep and that does the trick.
huh? No idea what this means. You mean favorite stations? I have sirius favorites set and I see no other Sirius "profile". What exactly is that?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
huh? No idea what this means. You mean favorite stations? I have sirius favorites set and I see no other Sirius "profile". What exactly is that?
I think he means the 1-2-3 seat/mirror memory button on the driver door.

I'll try that shortly.

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
None of that works for me except the tone and maybe stereo/surround setting. The stereo position always goes back to center of car.
My biggest gripe with the Sirius system is that if I set 5-6 etc, rows of favorites, it always goes back to 3.

I did add a Sirius use profile, but I don't think it ties in to any audio system settings.

The save seat position button would be a good idea if it worked for other settings. This semi working auto save feature is for the birds.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
None of that works for me except the tone and maybe stereo/surround setting. The stereo position always goes back to center of car.
My biggest gripe with the Sirius system is that if I set 5-6 etc, rows of favorites, it always goes back to 3.

I did add a Sirius use profile, but I don't think it ties in to any audio system settings.

The save seat position button would be a good idea if it worked for other settings. This semi working auto save feature is for the birds.
I'm testing the seat memory buttons now. First test failed. Set the balance, then re-saved my seat #1 (which is registered in my driver profile as #1). Left the car, went back 10 minutes later, and the balance was back to the default again.

I tried it again, and while still in the car, I hit the seat #2 button to see what would happen. In addition to moving the seats, it changed the sound balance. So I hit #1 again and it moved the seats and switched to my saved sound balance! Also, hitting the seat button# also changes driver profiles on the screen. So it's a way to manually change between driver profiles if the fob or PAAK fails to pick up the right profile (although so far I haven't had that problem).

However, I went back out 10 minutes later, and same problem at first (balance back to default). My SXM presets were gone too. Took about a minute for my presets to reappear. Sync4 was really slow to load everything. I hit the seat#1 button - nothing. Then #2, then #1 again, and the balance changed to my saved setting.

I'll keep playing with it. Super flaky.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Apparently Ford has no way to report system bugs. Not suprising. They are used to dealing with the old school go complain to dealer service model. So it looks like the only way to get any bugs reported are to make a service apointment, list your gripes to the service advisor, sit in their covid infested waiting room for half a day, and hope they can find and report your bugs. Just what I am trying to avoid. by the way, tesla's system isn't much better, so I think we are just at the mercy of the Ford engineers figuring these bugs out on their own. Disappointing.
there's a screen in Sync, under General I believe, that lets you report feedback directly through the system. I don't have my car yet, so I can't look for it, and it doesn't seem to be in the manual, but I'm 100% positive others on here have said they have it.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
there's a screen in Sync, under General I believe, that lets you report feedback directly through the system. I don't have my car yet, so I can't look for it, and it doesn't seem to be in the manual, but I'm 100% positive others on here have said they have it.
I tried that once in mine. There was no place to type anything. All I could do was select the general function from a menu list, then submit.

Maybe I did it wrong (or mine isn't working right), but it seems like all it does is send a generic "customer reporting something wrong in this general area" submission, probably with it's own diagnostic data. Very disappointed in that feature.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Here's how I reported bugs. I contacted Ford on Facebook who then made a case for me. After doing that the regional rep contacted me and we chatted about it and she said she submitted my feedback and told me to call her back with any additional feedback.

I don't know if it is getting anywhere....but hopefully it is. Hopefully some of the software engineers that work on this project are actually driving these - since its QNX, I kind of doubt it.

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Here's how I reported bugs. I contacted Ford on Facebook who then made a case for me. After doing that the regional rep contacted me and we chatted about it and she said she submitted my feedback and told me to call her back with any additional feedback.

I don't know if it is getting anywhere....but hopefully it is. Hopefully some of the software engineers that work on this project are actually driving these - since its QNX, I kind of doubt it.
gave it a try. I'll see if they rely in FB messaging.

OP
OP

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I'm testing the seat memory buttons now. First test failed. Set the balance, then re-saved my seat #1 (which is registered in my driver profile as #1). Left the car, went back 10 minutes later, and the balance was back to the default again.

I tried it again, and while still in the car, I hit the seat #2 button to see what would happen. In addition to moving the seats, it changed the sound balance. So I hit #1 again and it moved the seats and switched to my saved sound balance! Also, hitting the seat button# also changes driver profiles on the screen. So it's a way to manually change between driver profiles if the fob or PAAK fails to pick up the right profile (although so far I haven't had that problem).

However, I went back out 10 minutes later, and same problem at first (balance back to default). My SXM presets were gone too. Took about a minute for my presets to reappear. Sync4 was really slow to load everything. I hit the seat#1 button - nothing. Then #2, then #1 again, and the balance changed to my saved setting.

I'll keep playing with it. Super flaky.
This stuff should just work. This is sort of ridiculous that they didn't even test this basic setting stuff. Customer aggrevation isn't a good feature in a new car.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This stuff should just work. This is sort of ridiculous that they didn't even test this basic setting stuff. Customer aggrevation isn't a good feature in a new car.
Agreed on that. This is pretty much Car 101 stuff.

In any case, rather than cluttering up this thread anymore with this specific issue, I started a new thread for it. I discovered more of a pattern to it, and a sort-of workaround...

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/sound-tone-and-balance-settings-not-holding.4098/
Sponsored