Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Exploring the features of the CarScanner app (which grabs data from ODB), I noticed that it can record accurate times for 0-20, 40, 60, 80, 100mph. I decided to capture some baseline numbers for my MME - Select AWD with SR battery , and see if times change measurably in the future as I 'lighten up' the vehicle.

The mods I have already done are just the removal of 11# of plastic from the Frunk, and the addition of 42# hitch receiver in the back

first thing to note is that these times were taken with traction control on, and even 'stomping' on the accelerator did not squeak tires. I'm thinking now it might be interesting to run another set of tests with traction control off to see if numbers change. I will say that I didn't quite 'stomp' on it, I just floored it ... and I suspect the times might have been slightly better if I actually stomped.

I have a deserted stretch of road that is almost flat level, so I made 4 runs up and back to average out the grade. My average 0-60 time was 5.826

second thing of note was that acceleration was brisk up to about 80mph, and then really fell off.

Screenshot_20210605-accel 1.jpg

Screenshot_20210605-accel 2.jpg

Screenshot_20210605-accel 3.jpg

Screenshot_20210605-accel 4.jpg

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
No 0-100?

Actually, for me the thing that impresses me most about this car's performance isn't 0-60, it's 45-75.

Any good way to measure that?
I only ran it up to 100 on one run.... pretty slow from 80-100mph, I suspect some software limits kicking in to limit current around 80, and can tell you there is a hard limit top end governor at 112mph, presumably for rev limits on the motors to maintain warranty, etc.

and yes, you can customize the speeds you want to capture in the app. I just did the 0-60 since that's what most people talk about and have recorded to compare to other cars.
Sponsored