First Name
Luciano
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Not necessarily. A lot of modern cars (including the MME) have a safety feature that automatically shifts the car into Park when you exit the vehicle. It's meant to prevent it from rolling away if you put it in Neutral by accident. That's why they give you a way to tell the car that you really meant to leave it in Neutral.
Agreed, I tried moving forward with the MME with the driver door open and the parking break kept applying.

Advertisement

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Same here, Southwestern Utah so lots of sum but an electric rate of $0.06/kWhr, yes 6 cents, it makes no sense to go solar.
I wish, in Massachusetts we pay $0.26 per kWh including energy and delivery. I found a 50kW station in New Hampshire that charges $0.20, cheaper to charge int he Mall near my house than charging at home.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Chevy Malibu, 21 Infiniti QX50, 21 MME On order
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
I wish, in Massachusetts we pay $0.26 per kWh including energy and delivery. I found a 50kW station in New Hampshire that charges $0.20, cheaper to charge int he Mall near my house than charging at home.
My total electrical cost for the last 12 months was $1,876 for 14,261 kWh.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I've ran mine through the local tunnel wash several times. I use 1PD, and Just shift to neutral every time and nothing else.

At the end, I push on the accelerator pedal just a little to keep it from applying brakes as soon as I shift to drive, and then just go. Works flawlessly every time.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No way, I prefer to hand wash.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
No way, I prefer to hand wash.
I also prefer hand washing all of my cars. I learned how by washing my uncle's 1955 Chevy in July 1962 and have done all of my Dad's cars, too. The only time I needed to use a car wash was in July 2006 because there was a drought and hand washing was prohibited in Laredo, Texas, so I took my Dad's 2002 Mazda to a special place where they recycled the water. The temp reached 104 that afternoon so the car dried almost instantly.

Advertisement

Advertisement