How to reach out to Ford Regional Management/VP/ escalate Cases the BEV team isn't resolving

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS , Premium EX4, 22' M3 SR+, R1T Order
Occupation
Electric Utilities - Management
Country flag
So long story short my Mach-e is in the shop for the 9th time (This time with the HVBJB failure) and I have an open Case with Ford's BEV team, but they are basically ghosting me at this point (Haven't received a call back ever, my case rep has a full mailbox, and the supervisors I have reached out to are not just unhelpful, they are straight up aggressive with me).

My case was opened 8 days ago and I still don't have a loaner vehicle or rental reimbursement, and I can't get anyone on the BEV team to do anything other then say that the case rep assigned to me will call me back within 24 hours (I have called every work day since Last Monday and received the same response). When I escalate to a supervisor they basically tell me they aren't the right supervisor, can't transfer me but will get my case to the correct supervisor and call me back within 24 hours (has happened 3 times now, no call backs). It's at the point where I am getting to just be done with the games and Ford in general.

I am past the threshold for my states lemon law requirements (30 days of total time out of service, 3 attempts to repair an issue, or 5 attempts to repair any issues) as the car has been in the dealership over 36 days total and been taken in at least 9 times (could be more, but memory is fading). I reached out to a lemon law lawyer and they basically said its a slam dunk and they are happy to take the case and certain they can win... But I don't really want to lemon the vehicle, I just want a working vehicle and compensation for the month that I haven't had the vehicle. I will Lemon law it if I must, but I know that means the end of my Mach-e journey and I do love the vehicle when it works. Am I being unrealistic in asking for them to A.) return my vehicle in a fully working state or provide safe and reliable transportation at their cost until the point my vehicle is returned to me in a working state. AND B.) Provide reimbursement for costs of ownership for the month + my vehicle has been out of service (I.e. Provide me reimbursement for 1 monthly payment)

I guess I am curious if anyone has had luck escalating to a regional VP or manager or something of the sort? I have been scowering the web trying to find contacts/emails/etc but coming up blank. I thought Darren Palmer's email would be a good place to start but haven't been able to find that anywhere. Does any know of any escalation process outside of the BEV team to help get tickets resolved?
Sponsored

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
I will Lemon law it if I must, but I know that means the end of my Mach-e journey and I do love the vehicle when it works.
The whole thing sounds terrible, but couldn't you lemon this one and get a replacement?

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Yeah the customer service sucks I've run into similar with some of the CSR case workers. They will reimburse you for the rental (with a daily maximum of like $35) AFTER you get your car back. Thats also a pain. You just have to foot the bill up front. They will even cover some fuel costs, etc if you yell loud enough. There is a max per claim amount they can distribute though keep that in mind.

HutchRed

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium
Country flag
Because market cooling down, I would lemon it, took a cash and buy new one. Maybe other brand, too many MME on the roads in this days. And soon will be more.
Yup, I'd def take the money,

The MachE is way over priced after the last price increase for 2023. I'd take the money then run; and I hate to say it, but the Model Y is looking mighty night for the price these days as the Model Y is $20K less than the GTPE OR $2K more than the standard MachE Premium. (~$57k)

I know I know, I will get hate on the Model Y comment but oh well. Plus they qualify for the $7500 right now.

Last edited:

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Nine Times?
Nine Times. [sorry, Ferris Bueller joke]

I'd Lemon Law that puppy in a heartbeat. At this point you have Stockholm Syndrome, my friend.

What's the lawyer going to charge you to do it?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Nine Times?

I'd Lemon Law that puppy in a heartbeat. At this point you have Stockholm Syndrome, my friend.

To be fair, people take their cars to the dealer for very simple things that a sync reboot could fix. I see it all the time on the forum here.

OP
OP

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Nine Times?

Lawyer fees in my state are required to be covered by the manufacturer, so nothing, also 7 of the 9 times were not things that stopped me from driving the car, but still it's a lot. I'm just struggling because there isn't really anything out there I would replace it with. I have a rivian r1t on order and maybe my wife would consider driving that, but I don't want to go back to Gas, and no other EV SUV's are compelling to me.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It is not clear from your original post but is there a due date for your replacement part? Was it ordered on the COPIS system?

OP
OP

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It is not clear from your original post but is there a due date for your replacement part? Was it ordered on the COPIS system?
Replacement part expectation was last Friday, but dealership said it will be a few weeks till they have time to work on it (we will see though, they tend to jump on things faster then they say) .

Regardless though, I want compensation for the month+ my car has already been out of commission total

JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag
Did you direct message @Ford Motor Company here?

FWIW, I did get compensated for issues I had (which prevented the car from moving). Typically one month payment, but since I paid in full, I get a gift card.

OP
OP

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Did you direct message @Ford Motor Company here?

FWIW, I did get compensated for issues I had (which prevented the car from moving). Typically one month payment, but since I paid in full, I get a gift card.

I did not! I'll try reaching out to them! thanks for the tip

HutchRed

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium
Country flag
Replacement part expectation was last Friday, but dealership said it will be a few weeks till they have time to work on it (we will see though, they tend to jump on things faster then they say) .

Regardless though, I want compensation for the month+ my car has already been out of commission total
When did you buy? We were kinda in your shoes a while ago but since the latest big fix, we havent had any issues (knock on wood) so we're keeping it now. I cant imagine paying today's prices for the car, though. If you can get a replacement, that would be cool, but I'd seriously consider a different vehicle at this point.

OP
OP

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
When did you buy? We were kinda in your shoes a while ago but since the latest big fix, we havent had any issues (knock on wood) so we're keeping it now. I cant imagine paying today's prices for the car, though. If you can get a replacement, that would be cool, but I'd seriously consider a different vehicle at this point.
Took delivery the very beginning of Feb 2021, so one of the first I think!
Sponsored