Electrical Engineer
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Has anyone who has removed the front trunk divider tried putting various sized children in the front trunk to see what the maximum sized child is that will fit in the front trunk and still allow it to close? ???
49 CFR § 572 Subpart C.

Happy reading. :p

It's a three-year-old standard-sized crash dummy used in the calculations of whether the trunk needs an operating trunk release. yes even when the trunk is up front.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
49 CFR § 572 Subpart C.

Happy reading. :p

It's a three-year-old standard-sized crash dummy used in the calculations of whether the trunk needs an operating trunk release. yes even when the trunk is up front.
That’s no fun! I wanted to try REAL children - not some dummy! ?

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
I'm on the fence on doing this mod. I think my #1 use for the Frunk will be packing some Miller Lite's and ice at cruise-ins. (Win the haters over) Just want to use the 2 center sections for ice. That would be a lot of ice if I had to fill the entire frunk ?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'm on the fence on doing this mod. I think my #1 use for the Frunk will be packing some Miller Lite's and ice at cruise-ins. (Win the haters over) Just want to use the 2 center sections for ice. That would be a lot of ice if I had to fill the entire frunk ?
I'm sure there's a different kind of fastener that could be used that would allow easy removal and re-installation without tools. If it's easy, you could just put it in when you need it.

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
I'm sure there's a different kind of fastener that could be used that would allow easy removal and re-installation without tools. If it's easy, you could just put it in when you need it.
Very true. The frunk is cool and all, but I don't see myself using it much. Normal cargo will go in the back seat or hatch.

I definitely will put muddy shoes in the frunk to easily wash out. I just can't think of many times I'll use it especially since there's no easy open button.

bcraven01

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Standard Range Battery - AWD
Occupation
Cyber Security
Country flag
OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I know how to connect the permanent leads on the battery terminals so you can just plug the tender in when needed.

I used the battery tender on my Thunderbird when I stored it in the winter.

I just added a DIY for accessing the LVB connection points without popping off the panels.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-add-access-ports-for-lvb-connection-points.4107/

for people like you having cold weather issues with LVB, I would recommend getting a 12vDC electric blanket, wrapping over and around the LVB, and connecting it to the LVB connection points for the winter or until Ford comes out with a Fix.....

This would obviate the need for an AC power cord and plugging in a tender; assuming the electric blanket warming the LVB and its temp sensor enables the HV to wake up and charge the LVB when needed.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
If you think you have broken some of the plugs when you take them out, chances are they are ok—just separated into their component parts—and can be slipped back together.

Just came in from Amazon - Looks like it will work perfect. Now I just need a car! :)

PXL_20210304_225528863.jpg

PXL_20210304_225624230.jpg

Gino_A

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt, 2021 MME 2021 Pacifica, 2011 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
takes about ten minutes....
using a pair of stubby 'regular' screwdrivers and pliers, or an 'auto-fastener' tool to minimize damage to the (fairly soft plastic) fasteners.

You can re-install the fasteners, or get some new ones at a hardware store, to plug the holes. Or leave the extra drain holes and put some foam or Astroturf (my favorite) in the bottom of the frunk to keep cargo from sliding around and clunking when you are out there Drifting.... ;)

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to - Remove Mach-E frunk divider - DIY writeup PXL_20210304_225624230

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to - Remove Mach-E frunk divider - DIY writeup PXL_20210304_225624230

I used one of these "Push Pin Pliers" (bought at my local auto parts store) and it works like a charm.