Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Rear pony removal:
This one has two body clips molded into it and then is covered in emblem tape. Use some stout fishing line to get behind the pony and saw the fishing line back and forth, working toward the middle. This will cut through the emblem tape until you hit the molded clip. Do this from all sides to loosen the tape. THEN lay a pad on the paint to protect it and slide a body clip tool under the edge from the proper direction to pry the clips out of the body panel. Here’s a photo to show the orientation of the two clips so you can get around them.
D5CA99E1-AC56-4B04-B166-D1CA2015392C.jpeg

Front Pony removal:
This one is a little harder as the emblem has three posts extending from the back of it that have push nuts on the back. Sorry I didn’t take a photo of them while it was off.

What I had to do for that was to remove the frunk and pry the push nuts off the back of the posts. With the frunk out, you can get a screwdriver or pry bar through the frunk latch opening.

EDIT: I Removed the wife’s front pony to put my glow emblem in her car before I sell mine. I made sure to take some pics.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UPDTAED: How to remove Mach-E grille by and trunk Mustang pony logos / emblems 6CC3F734-1931-4ADE-B7D1-A6A66C26E6B0

With the funk out look down this hole

Ford Mustang Mach-E UPDTAED: How to remove Mach-E grille by and trunk Mustang pony logos / emblems 1BB5F44A-E2F0-4456-92C5-728D3C62095B

backside of the emblem posts as seen through the hole

Ford Mustang Mach-E UPDTAED: How to remove Mach-E grille by and trunk Mustang pony logos / emblems 93635317-3679-4886-B823-8D94E113266D

Ford Mustang Mach-E UPDTAED: How to remove Mach-E grille by and trunk Mustang pony logos / emblems F38380D7-A656-4599-B21D-E34345A35E16

(End Edit) With the nuts jimmied off the posts, the emblem just comes right off. I broke one of the posts in doing this but there was no way I was going to get push nuts back on anyway. So it is now held on with some emblem tape.

To remove the frunk:
Screw off the frunk bump stops.
Pull the covers from around the frunk, as if you were trying to get to the battery. Pull the 5 covers highlighted in red, they pop right off with a screwdriver.
Each of the yellow dots indicated a hidden 10mm bolt to remove. The two blue dots indicate hidden torx bit bolts.
With all the bolts removed, lift the frunk slightly and disconnect the wires to the light and interior frunk release. Then the frunk will lift right out of the car.
039833C3-8E4E-43AC-BA4D-7948151444BF.jpeg

Last edited:

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
How does the car look after though?
Can you take a close up of where you removed the emblem?

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
How does the car look after though?
Can you take a close up of where you removed the emblem?
I’ve put them back on already. I only removed them to add vinyl striping. I wouldn’t think you would want to leave them off. The front is recessed into the molded plastic grill/nose area. This is the best I have of it as a work in progress.
Ford Mustang Mach-E UPDTAED: How to remove Mach-E grille by and trunk Mustang pony logos / emblems 339E90C1-32F1-4B49-8E26-85EDF500CB07

And the rear one, with the body clips molded in, leaves two 1” x 0.5” rectangular holes right through the lift gate. I don’t have photos of that, but leaving that open would be a bad idea.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Oh :D I’m sorry I assumed you were one of those hard core THIS IS NOT A MUSTANG AND I WILL REMOVE THE BADGES.

Now that makes sense
I was...until I drove it. And until I looked more into the heritage of the Mustang being revolutionary to bring something special to the people. This is the car to bring EV’s to the masses and is a hell of a lot of fun to drive. So, for me, it is DEFINTELY a mustang. My first one. And now has mustang stripes to prove it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E UPDTAED: How to remove Mach-E grille by and trunk Mustang pony logos / emblems 973DF15F-47F3-42B2-BEA4-05E98B59C40E

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Sigh. People just don’t pay attention to the history of the Mustang and what Lee Iacocca did ?

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I was...until I drove it. And until I looked more into the heritage of the Mustang being revolutionary to bring something special to the people. This is the car to bring EV’s to the masses and is a hell of a lot of fun to drive. So, for me, it is DEFINTELY a mustang. My first one. And now has mustang stripes to prove it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E UPDTAED: How to remove Mach-E grille by and trunk Mustang pony logos / emblems 973DF15F-47F3-42B2-BEA4-05E98B59C40E
Seeing as you embraced the car by buying it and that you have solar on roof, I would not have though you had those feelings originally. That being said- I agree with you about "bringin it to the masses" comment. Also-This car's shape reminds me of the Mustang Fastback form-just more curves!

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Seeing as you embraced the car by buying it and that you have solar on roof, I would not have though you had those feelings originally. That being said- I agree with you about "bringin it to the masses" comment. Also-This car's shape reminds me of the Mustang Fastback form-just more curves! Good job with the stripe application BTW.

MachE4Life

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Rear pony removal:
This one has two body clips molded into it and then is covered in emblem tape. Use some stout fishing line to get behind the pony and saw the fishing line back and forth, working toward the middle. This will cut through the emblem tape until you hit the molded clip. Do this from all sides to loosen the tape. THEN lay a pad on the paint to protect it and slide a body clip tool under the edge from the proper direction to pry the clips out of the body panel. Here’s a photo to show the orientation of the two clips so you can get around them.
D5CA99E1-AC56-4B04-B166-D1CA2015392C.jpeg

Front Pony removal:
This one is a little harder as the emblem has three posts extending from the back of it that have push nuts on the back. Sorry I didn’t take a photo of them while it was off.
What I had to do for that was to remove the frunk and pry the push nuts off the back of the posts. With the frunk out, you can get a screwdriver or pry bar through the frunk latch opening. With the nuts jimmied off the posts, the emblem just comes right off. I broke one of the posts in doing this but there was no way I was going to get push nuts back on anyway. So it is now held on with some emblem tape.

To remove the frunk:
Screw off the frunk bump stops.
Pull the covers from around the frunk, as if you were trying to get to the battery. Pull the 5 covers highlighted in red, they pop right off with a screwdriver.
Each of the yellow dots indicated a hidden 10mm bolt to remove. The two blue dots indicate hidden torx bit bolts.
With all the bolts removed, lift the frunk slightly and disconnect the wires to the light and interior frunk release. Then the frunk will lift right out of the car.
039833C3-8E4E-43AC-BA4D-7948151444BF.jpeg
I just got myself a black Mach E, I was looking to paint my brake calipers red and the same with the for mustang badges. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I just got myself a black Mach E, I was looking to paint my brake calipers red and the same with the for mustang badges. Any suggestions?
Suggestions for painting the badges? I don’t have suggestions as I really like them black. When I tried putting vinyl on to turn them red (on the wife’s car) they didn’t look as good. Someone on fb painted theirs purple with a white MME and it looked nice but it’s not for me.
Painting the calipers, I’d recommend using the spray cans. I used brush on kits and the brush strokes are pretty obvious close up. But I know I never do a good job masking and was afraid of overspray. If you mask well, the spray cans would be the way to go.

MachE4Life

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Suggestions for painting the badges? I don’t have suggestions as I really like them black. When I tried putting vinyl on to turn them red (on the wife’s car) they didn’t look as good. Someone on fb painted theirs purple with a white MME and it looked nice but it’s not for me.
Painting the calipers, I’d recommend using the spray cans. I used brush on kits and the brush strokes are pretty obvious close up. But I know I never do a good job masking and was afraid of overspray. If you mask well, the spray cans would be the way to go.
thanks for the feedback. I was thinking the mustang emblem would look good in red on the all black, but I haven’t seen them anywhere.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
thanks for the feedback. I was thinking the mustang emblem would look good in red on the all black, but I haven’t seen them anywhere.
That’s why I tried red vinyl on the wife’s emblem. At least it gave her an idea before I went all in to painting it.