How to reset driving history?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
So even though I’m in warm sunny FL, my GOM has been super low. Like 150 miles at 80% charge low.

I know it’s fairly accurate since my commute to work is exactly 1 mile and half that time is in a parking lot.

I decided to reset my driving history yesterday just to see what it would do. In the car, settings, general, reset driving history.

Instantly went to 243 miles at 90% charge.

HOWEVER, as soon as I drove half a mile today, it dropped to 179 miles at 90%.

What gives? Do I need to do something in the FordPass app as well to actually reset it?

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to reset driving history? 411005EE-D4A1-4EDF-9E86-E81CB0F077B9

As to why it’s normally so low, here are what my driving logs look like.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to reset driving history? B8DD8E9D-049C-447D-A124-07F73A41BD21

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
So even though I’m in warm sunny FL, my GOM has been super low. Like 150 miles at 80% charge low.

I know it’s fairly accurate since my commute to work is exactly 1 mile and half that time is in a parking lot.

I decided to reset my driving history yesterday just to see what it would do. In the car, settings, general, reset driving history.

What gives? Do I need to do something in the FordPass app as well to actually reset it?

411005EE-D4A1-4EDF-9E86-E81CB0F077B9.jpeg

B8DD8E9D-049C-447D-A124-07F73A41BD21.png
Hmmm. You’d think those short drives would be EV ideal for range. Unless you’re living life 1/4 mile at a time 😉. Seriously though, the driving history reset you detailed is all I have ever done and it “works” for a few drives until the GOM has enough new history to drop the range back again. I’ve never made any changes in FordPass.

That said, I noticed a difference in GOM reporting after 22S41 OTA was installed - previously my driving history resets would net a max range at 100% SOC of between 255-260 miles. Based on our frequent 85mph + hwy drives that was understandable. Now, after the OTA it’ll report 272-280 miles at 100% SOC. Weather has been identical as have driving habits. 🤷🏻‍♂️

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmmm. You’d think those short drives would be EV ideal for range. Unless you’re living life 1/4 mile at a time 😉. Seriously though, the driving history reset you detailed is all I have ever done and it “works” for a few drives until the GOM has enough new history to drop the range back again. I’ve never made any changes in FordPass.

That said, I noticed a difference in GOM reporting after 22S41 OTA was installed - previously my driving history resets would net a max range at 100% SOC of between 255-260 miles. Based on our frequent 85mph + hwy drives that was understandable. Now, after the OTA it’ll report 272-280 miles at 100% SOC. Weather has been identical as have driving habits. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Mine has been super low since I’ve been a part of the early access “more accurate GOM” program.

Looking at my logs, those short trips are between 1.6 and 2.8 mi/kWh.

The more time I spend at the 1 stoplight on the way or the more time in the parking lot, the worse it is. Just driving normally.

But it dropped literally half a mile into the first trip after resetting it.

Haven’t driven far enough to check the numbers for myself to confirm.

But it seemed like as soon as my phone connected to the car, it reset back to the “low” GOM number. That’s why I wondered if resetting drive history in FordPass was required.

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to reset driving history? B8DD8E9D-049C-447D-A124-07F73A41BD21

There is no point resetting the driving history to give yourself a higher number that makes you feel good, but has no basis in reality. In other words, resetting this does not give you more range, just like resetting it on an internal combustion engine does not magically add more fuel to your gas tank.

Range is a function of current consumption x how much fuel you have left (it does not matter if we are talking about Kwhrs, or gallons of fuel). You can only go so far as there is fuel in the tank or electrons in the pack. Higher consumption obviously means less range, while lower consumption equals higher range. You simply cannot get around this REAL WORLD fact by resetting your history.

The fact that as soon as you start driving it gives you a lower range figure, tells you that the car is starting to look at real consumption figures of (what's happening right now), snd updating the range based on that consumption, and how many electrons are left in the pack. Resetting it only defaults back to generic values, but those values are quickly updated as soon as you start driving.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Mine has been super low since I’ve been a part of the early access “more accurate GOM” program.
I suspect this is the reason your GOM seems too low. The only solution is to track kW consumption vs actual distance travelled to determine avg. mi./kWh. I trust the original GOM more than this Beta version. BTW, if you only drive short distances/day the GOM will run low because of overnight losses. My GOM loses 5 mi. overnight in the summer and 20+ in the winter. Your climate might not be that high.

But it seemed like as soon as my phone connected to the car, it reset back to the “low” GOM number. That’s why I wondered if resetting drive history in FordPass was required.
This is more likely from the modem connecting to the Mothership, at which time the so called better GOM takes over.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is no point resetting the driving history to give yourself a higher number that makes you feel good, but has no basis in reality. In other words, resetting this does not give you more range, just like resetting it on an internal combustion engine does not magically add more fuel to your gas tank.

Range is a function of current consumption x how much fuel you have left (it does not matter if we are talking about Kwhrs, or gallons of fuel). You can only go so far as there is fuel in the tank or electrons in the pack. Higher consumption obviously means less range, while lower consumption equals higher range. You simply cannot get around this REAL WORLD fact by resetting your history.

The fact that as soon as you start driving it gives you a lower range figure, tells you that the car is starting to look at real consumption figures of (what's happening right now), snd updating the range based on that consumption, and how many electrons are left in the pack. Resetting it only defaults back to generic values, but those values are quickly updated as soon as you start driving.
Preaching to the choir my friend.

I just want to understand better how it works. Resetting it clearly didn’t reset it.

Half a mile of driving isn’t enough for it to recalculate based on my driving.

As far as “no basis in reality,” when I go back and average out my actual driving results, it’s about 2.5 mi/kWh.

That should be a 220 mile displayed range. My actually GOM display is significantly lower at full charge.
Sponsored