How to start Mach-e without FOB or PAAK?

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
There’s a couple factors at play. Paak tried to measure the distance of your device using the Bluetooth connection (which is not accurate), if it thinks it’s too far it won’t activate. This is why people say to place the phone bellow the screen, personally holding it in my hand while pushing the button works great.
Paak is also authenticated by the fordpass app. Sometimes you might need to force quit the app and reload it.
Even plugged into the car and sitting on the phone charger I sometimes get no phone detected and requirement to enter password. Going back to key fob. I have had the car in for 2 updates and still is not working 100%. Just programmed a 3rd fob, Paak not worth the hassle. Now the car also recognizes me all the time.
Sponsored

PA Bob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD SB
Country flag
Has anyone actually got the Mach-E moving without the FOB or PaaK using codes ??????????
MY PaaK worked flawlessly from the beginning. My wife also has her phone as a key. Having both phones in the car seemed to mix up my MME. We went out, and when we got back to the car, it wouldn't recognize my PaaK. I had to look up the process, and it worked fine. After that, it took a few rides before it got completely back to normal. Should I remove my wife's phone from Paak?

I'm happy not carrying the fob when I'm around town. If I go away, I believe I will bring my fob.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Even plugged into the car and sitting on the phone charger I sometimes get no phone detected and requirement to enter password. Going back to key fob. I have had the car in for 2 updates and still is not working 100%. Just programmed a 3rd fob, Paak not worth the hassle. Now the car also recognizes me all the time.
Plugged in doesn’t matter. The new app version seems a little more buggy. I’ve had to force close it twice to get paak to work. Never had to do that before.
Sponsored