Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition Carbonized Grey, Audi Q7
Occupation
Systems Engineer Lead
Country flag
I hate to tell you this, but this means nothing. I have called every dealership within 500 miles of Seattle that show "inventory". None of them have taken delivery of any Mach E's. And they are all either spoken for or will be put in demo status or loaner status. Even had a few dealerships tell me that the cars they show in inventory were actually customer cars ordered on the web but they put them on their sites and other auto sites to generate interest.

I really wanted to take delivery this year (I have a Premium AWD ER on order, but probably won't see it till April or May of 2021) for tax purposes. So, that's why I called every dealership in that 500 mile radius.

So the chances of walking into a dealership and being able to buy one are nil to none.
Sponsored

SebastienMachE

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey
Country flag
OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Has anyone tried using Palsapp and searching via the freight bill number associated with your Mach-E VIN?

I looked up my Mach-E VIN, which provides a freight bill number. When I then search via freight bill, I see two VINs - a Mach-E VIN, and a Ford Transit VIN. I Tried a couple other VINs and observe the same outcome - a Mach-E is paired with another Ford vehicle?

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It does look like customer cars are shipping ahead of FCTP. My car shipped yesterday but my Dealer's FCTP is still in Cuautitlan.

lwilliams0514

First Name
Lashawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I was just looking and I think some Cali dealers have decided to put their inventory online that they have coming in hoping that people will put deposits down on those cars. I don't think that Mossy Ford would have plenty of MME inventory while Galpin Ford (The largest Ford dealer in the world) would not have any available.

I also searched Autotrader which can search new car inventory and kinda saw the same thing. Citrus Ford is showing some available too. I think that is the game they are playing.

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I was just looking and I think some Cali dealers have decided to put their inventory online that they have coming in hoping that people will put deposits down on those cars. I don't think that Mossy Ford would have plenty of MME inventory while Galpin Ford (The largest Ford dealer in the world) would not have any available.

I also searched Autotrader which can search new car inventory and kinda saw the same thing. Citrus Ford is showing some available too. I think that is the game they are playing.
I think a lot of those are customer cars. My dealer has mine listed on their website. It's probably an automated system for any vehicle they have coming in.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I think a lot of those are customer cars. My dealer has mine listed on their website. It's probably an automated system for any vehicle they have coming in.
They’re all customer cars. The cars are often automatically populated to the dealer website. It’s designed to be the hook to draw in customers. If someone calls about the car they’ll be told, “I’m sorry but we sold that car. We can order you one though.” That does two things, gets you thinking about ordering one and leads you to believe the cars are in high demand (Which might be true. And is in this case).

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
They’re all customer cars. The cars are often automatically populated to the dealer website. It’s designed to be the hook to draw in customers. If someone calls about the car they’ll be told, “I’m sorry but we sold that car. We can order you one though.” That does two things, gets you thinking about ordering one and leads you to believe the cars are in high demand (Which might be true. And is in this case).
There is a third thing it does. The bait and switch is also one of the reasons why so many people don't like / trust dealers.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
There is a third thing it does. The bait and switch is also one of the reasons why so many people don't like / trust dealers.
That’s not bait snd switch. They will sell you exactly the same model, color, options, and trim line. Now if they did as Chrysler dealer did to me one year when we were looking for a car and tried to sell a Ram to us, that’s much closer to bait and switch.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
That’s not bait snd switch. They will sell you exactly the same model, color, options, and trim line. Now if they did as Chrysler dealer did to me one year when we were looking for a car and tried to sell a Ram to us, that’s much closer to bait and switch.
We can order that for you, but the mach e is at least 6 month backlogged if you really want to do that. May I interest you in one of these other fine cars on the lot.

Sure sounds like bait and switch to me. Either way, it's definitely bait.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The same thing happens with cheap flights. They advertise stupid priced flights and when you try to book those prices are all 'gone. If they ask you when you want to go and you say 'when the flights are cheap' once again they are sold out. So you book anyway at a higher price. They only have to have had 1 seat at the stupid price to be legal A bit like Ford only selling 3 MME'S in Dec but able to say they kept their promise by starting deliveries late 2020

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
My dealership has 2 cars coming, they both say "Stock (222S) (OBC8T)" but one is a first edition. I know for certain my dealership has 4 Mach-Es ordered (plus I imagine their demo car). Is it possible the first edition is my mach drop (they've so far been unable to provide me a VIN)?

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I checked my local dealer's website inventory again today (Freeway Ford in Denver). Previously, it showed 3 Mach-Es. Now it shows 19 Mach-Es.
Sponsored