Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Is there a setting to activate Mustang logo Puddle light under the Mirrors? I searched the owners manual, nothing? Anyone know how to turn it on?
Sponsored

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Is there a setting to activate Mustang logo Puddle light under the Mirrors? I searched the owners manual, nothing? Anyone know how to turn it on?
There is another thread on this and essentially when you unlock / lock at night they "magically" appear.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Set your mirrors to autofold and lock the car (the mirrors will fold when the car locks and have to be folded to show the puddle lights). Leave the area. When you re-approach your car with your key or PAAK, the puddle lamps will light. You will not be able to see them in daylight. Here is a pic of mine in my garage at night.

Pony lamp - 1.jpeg

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Checked the other thread - when the mirrors fold in / out. Do you have auto fold on?

OP
OP
Regularmache

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Yes Auto fold is on, do I need to shut it off for them to light?

OP
OP
Regularmache

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Just locked, unlocked, folded, unfolded, no light

16149229471951584779942223374775.jpg

OP
OP
Regularmache

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I am stumped? FE with missing light ponies.

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Just locked, unlocked, folded, unfolded, no light

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to turn on Puddle Lamps? 16149229471951584779942223374775
Once again, they WON’T show up when the mirrors unfold. They show while folded.

If you lock the car and leave the area, then come back to the area the car will sense your approach and the lights should come on (rear and front). It’s at this time BEFORE the car is unlocked that the puddle lamps show. Good luck!

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
I do not have auto lock turned on and I still get the puddle lamps. As others have mentioned, as long as the car is locked and you've walked away long and far enough to be out of bluetooth range, as soon as you're back in range when approaching the vehicle the exterior lights will come on as well as puddle lamps. Locking/unlocking the car has no immediate connection to making the lamps turn on/off....just having the car be in a locked state, and the car is fully "off" (as in, you've walked away and the computer has turned off), then as you walk up to it is what triggers it. Once I figured this out I get the lamps every time. If you lock the car and just walk a few feet away, or the car hasn't fully shut down yet, the puddle lights wont trigger on. This was an odd choice to me by Ford...I do like the auto turn-on when you walk up, but I wish they also turned on when you unlocked the car via fob.

OP
OP
Regularmache

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Will have to try that. My Android Phone as a key is not working. The wife's Apple, which we paired First, does seem to work.
On my 18 Mustang GT, the puddle lamps respond to the Fob when we unlock/lock it, thought it should be the same with the MME Fob but obviously doesn't. I'll have to figure out why these lights aren't coming on. Appreciate the help, really do.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I believe there is also a setting on the big screen for “welcome lights” or something of that nature. Check settings > Vehicle > lighting and make sure Welcome Lights is toggled on.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So one thing I have to do to consistently get my puddle lights to come on—and they do it right away—is to hold down my lock button on my fob until a sound is made and the lights come on. I usually lock it and then remember to do this, so haven't tested if I can hold it on the first click for it to work or if I actually need to do it twice as I usually do. I’ll get back to you on that.
Sponsored