Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
I need some help! I picked up my Red Mach E RWD EXT today after such a long wait and excited to get things working. I have been trying to send a text message but no matter what I do it tells me to upload my contacts in settings. I can't see where to do this. The address book is loaded and I have redownloaded it. I enabled all settings and activated Ford pass and connected services so what else could it be?? I have a Samsung S20. The dealer isn't any help, I know more than he does and I can't find anything on the internet.

Is there a way to see a more detailed map in navigation with satellite view?
Sponsored

CP-Mach-E

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Murano, 21 F150 PB Plat, 21 Mach-E PESR
Country flag
I have been trying to send a text message but no matter what I do it tells me to upload my contacts in settings.
I've got the same issue. I've tested it both with my phone (a Google Pixel 3), and my wife's phone (an iPhone). Same issue with both. Both are able to place calls with voice commands using the contacts no problem at all. Similarly both phones are able to receive text messages, but sending text messages just refuses to work.

I've encountered numerous bugs with Ford Sync 4, which does not bother me too much. Bugs are expected in any new software product. What does bother me is that there is no simple mechanism to report bugs back to the Ford Sync developers. The "send feedback" that is built-in to Ford Sync is completely useless. You can't provide any details to describe the bug that you want to report.

CP-Mach-E

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Murano, 21 F150 PB Plat, 21 Mach-E PESR
Country flag
I have been trying to send a text message but no matter what I do it tells me to upload my contacts in settings. I can't see where to do this.
Turns out this is not a bug (other than the directions being extremely vague). It is not a phone setting. It is talking about uploading the contacts from the car to Ford Connected Services, and the option is in the settings under Connectivity - Upload Phone Contact Names.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to upload contacts in settings PXL_20210217_141639037

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Thanks for finding that. Not sure I would want the car sharing all those data categories though,.

OP
OP

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
I did eventually find it but the digital assistant was the first issue and once that was resolved I needed to upload contacts. It was NOT clear where to go and what I needed to do. I wasn't sure if it was a setting on my phone or on the car. There are lots of menus and I don't know if the average car owner will want to navigate through all the screens every time they want to do something. I'm getting better at it but I like this sort of thing.

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
I did eventually find it but the digital assistant was the first issue and once that was resolved I needed to upload contacts. It was NOT clear where to go and what I needed to do. I wasn't sure if it was a setting on my phone or on the car. There are lots of menus and I don't know if the average car owner will want to navigate through all the screens every time they want to do something. I'm getting better at it but I like this sort of thing.
Ok I have done this (thanks) but when I try to send a text I get the message, "please go to settings and turn text messaging on." Not sure if talking about my iPhone or the sync system but I believe everything is "on." Any suggestions? I can do this through Apple CarPlay but want to see what the Ford system can do. My phone is blue tooth connected and I disabled CarPlay. Thanks for any help.

drwhipps

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Country flag
Its a setting on your IPhone - on the Bluetooth option for you Mach-e.
I think its Show Notifications.
Sponsored