How's MME's battery compare to Tesla?

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
No idea on upgrade possibilities, but I've read 11 kW for the onboard charger. Might actually be 11.5 as that's 48A @240v for the Ford Connected wall charger.
Yep, I would guess it will be set to pull no more than 48 amps from an EVSE. Hopefully it is designed to be upgraded with a software update.

I am sure Ford tore down the Tesla AC chargers and are aware of what they are capable of.
Sponsored

mbia

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive40i & Mach E FE Carbonized Gray
Country flag

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
I get 82 kW avg for the Mach-e. 10-80% in 45 minutes is 70% of 88 kWh ER battery = 61.6 / 3/4 hour = 82.
It will certainly be less than 82kW, right? It slows considerably above 80%.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It will certainly be less than 82kW, right? It slows considerably above 80%.
I just meant the 10-80% 45 minute stretch working out to an average of 82 kW.

But yes, to peak early at 150 and average 82, it must exit that 10-80 range much lower (like maybe around 50 or so, I'm guessing).

They haven't published a 0-100% charge time, or a 10-100%, so all we can do is try and extrapolate from the 10-80% published number (45 minutes). Which we're still hoping improves a little in the final number, or with an OTA update.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yes that is true. However, I understand the Lucid is going to cost six figures, as if the profit margins will allow such.
It's easy to give away free charging on the Lucid Air since owners will rarely use it.

It's got 450mi of range at ~65mph and so if an owner has a destination that's 500mi away, they'll just fly*.

*pre-covid/post-vaccine

Deleted member 367

That's our usual road trip (Denver-Vegas). 785 miles, which we do in daylight hours with 2 gas stops (and one lunch) normally. But in our upcoming MME AWD ER, ABRP shows 6 stops of around 30 minutes each.

Granted, that's pushing the limits for a day. In fact the extra 2+ hours it'll take in the MME probably makes it a 2-day drive now. I just wish there were a hotel/motel near the midpoint to where I could do an overnight L2 charge. But so far not finding anything acceptable. Pretty small towns through most of that Utah stretch (until you get so far south that you might as well just finish the drive to Vegas).

Keep in mind that 300 miles (270 in the AWD) doesn't mean 300 miles of high speed interstate driving each leg. At 75+ MPH, it's realistically more like ~200 (or ~180 in the AWD).
Well, that miles-degradation doesn't happen in my Tesla S. 402 mi of range DOES mean 402 mi at 70 - 75 mph highway. I do it frequently. My Tesla S and 3 both produce 250 - 290 Wh/mi at those speeds, which is very efficient. You folks need to get a better handle on what you are speculating about!

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Well, that miles-degradation doesn't happen in my Tesla S. 402 mi of range DOES mean 402 mi at 70 - 75 mph highway. I do it frequently. My Tesla S and 3 both produce 250 - 290 Wh/mi at those speeds, which is very efficient. You folks need to get a better handle on what you are speculating about!
N=1 is never a good reference.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Bjorn Nyland says at 75 mph, the 2020 Tesla Model S long range will do 294 miles.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How's MME's battery compare to Tesla? Screenshot_20200821-084810

Deleted member 367

Bjorn Nyland says at 75 mph, the 2020 Tesla Model S long range will do 294 miles.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How's MME's battery compare to Tesla? Screenshot_20200821-084810
Well fellows, I TRIED to give everyone some honest, first person ownership info regarding the ACTUAL efficiency of the Tesla S Long Range Plus and the Tesla 3 long range cars. Some of the S info is as new as yesterday. Tesla is the main competition to e-Mustang. I knew from the time I made my Mustang-e deposit in December 2019 that this site was essentially Ford sponcered and promoted - and I said so sever al times in hope that all members would understand the "hidden" bias of the posts - especially the ongoing PR trolls I read here practically every week. Guess I underestimated the slant-energy employed here. Too bad, because you will discover that you just don't know anxiety until you can't make it to - or cant afford - or can't afford the chargee time - at the next charger. In the 9 months I've been reading here about EA's wonderful charger distribution system I have yet to see an actual $-per-kWh FIRM price quote from them.

Every wonder why?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I knew from the time I made my Mustang-e deposit in December 2019 that this site was essentially Ford sponcered and promoted - and I said so sever al times in hope that all members would understand the "hidden" bias of the posts - especially the ongoing PR trolls I read here practically every week. Guess I underestimated the slant-energy employed here.
You've said this several times. To be clear, I am not sponsored or promoted by Ford. Nor are the opinions I share on the forum.

And to be fair, I and others have tried providing useful feedback to your concerns but it doesn't seem like you're listening.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Too bad, because you will discover that you just don't know anxiety until you can't make it to - or cant afford - or can't afford the charge time - at the next charger.
OK, I'm confused because the first reply makes it sounds like you think we're under-estimating range at high speed, but the second reply makes it sound like you think we're overestimating it.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Well fellows, I TRIED to give everyone some honest, first person ownership info regarding the ACTUAL efficiency of the Tesla S Long Range Plus and the Tesla 3 long range cars. Some of the S info is as new as yesterday. Tesla is the main competition to e-Mustang. I knew from the time I made my Mustang-e deposit in December 2019 that this site was essentially Ford sponcered and promoted - and I said so sever al times in hope that all members would understand the "hidden" bias of the posts - especially the ongoing PR trolls I read here practically every week. Guess I underestimated the slant-energy employed here. Too bad, because you will discover that you just don't know anxiety until you can't make it to - or cant afford - or can't afford the chargee time - at the next charger. In the 9 months I've been reading here about EA's wonderful charger distribution system I have yet to see an actual $-per-kWh FIRM price quote from them.

Every wonder why?
You're sure making a lot of assumptions about me, my background, my knowledge, and my biases. That's a pretty amazing read of me, considering nearly all of my posts here are comedic (?) sh*tposts, I've never said my real name or other social media information, and I'm pretty sure literally the only time I said something about Tesla was when I suggested they were using non-commodity, better-than-commodity batteries, which I'm pretty sure counts as a pro-Tesla statement.

I've actually tried to be very careful not to attack Tesla or be particularly pro-Tesla here in factual-type posts (except again for some sh*tposts which are ... well, by definition not factual or serious), if only because ultimately there's no point - I strongly suspect every single poster on this site already has a position, and there's nothing I will say to change their mind.

When you can afford an EV in the US (*) - any EV - in 2020, you're already someone that is making emotional decisions, not just factual or practical decisions. Cars in the US are generally very emotional decisions because of our culture, but it's much more so when you're choosing from many, rather than being forced to get "whatever you can afford" to get to work and support your family. This shouldn't really be a shock to anyone here; that means you're going to see tha emotional component reflected here, just as you do on the MCOA forums, or Tesla owner forums.

You have your experience with your vehicles. Others have other experiences. But that doesn't mean your experiences match everyone's. Some of the discussions on this forum about PHEVs are very similar - I admit I love my Fusion Energi (emotion! bias!) and found that a PHEV purchase at well under $40K pre-tax-credit seven years ago was a perfect, affordable middle ground. But I also know that others here think PHEVs are dumb or whatever and think I'm dumb for loving mine. That's emotional opinion, driven by experience and beliefs, not facts.

I hope you will reconsider how you are coming across and about what kinds of accusatory statements you're making against a set of people you don't really know.

(*) I don't have a lot of knowledge of car culture outside of the US, so I'm limiting my statement to that geography.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
When you can afford an EV in the US (*) - any EV - in 2020, you're already someone that is making emotional decisions, not just factual or practical decisions. Cars in the US are generally very emotional decisions because of our culture, but it's much more so when you're choosing from many, rather than being forced to get "whatever you can afford" to get to work and support your family. This shouldn't really be a shock to anyone here; that means you're going to see tha emotional component reflected here, just as you do on the MCOA forums, or Tesla owner forums.
I agree with you. This is why "we" get into arguments about Cell Phones, and Cars, and all kinds of other things. I chose the Mach-E. I don't want to be perceived as doing something stupid. Which means I will defend my decision and judgement.

In the grand scheme of things, this car isn't important, no car is. It's just a "thing".
Sponsored